R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #11311
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

HAHAHA you crazy bastard! I think I have a tamiya ferrari f1 somewhere too. hrmm. Lately I got the urge to get my Yokomo YRF-2 back on the road, actually found an ebay store that has parts for it too

On another topic, does anyone know a cheap place to get tyres that ships international? Also what brands are good? I've been using the HPI ones, but they are quite pricey and (so far) prone to chunking. I was running HPI front and Jaco Nitro Shoe rears on the weekend and that worked well but i want matching rims, plus the nitro shoes cost even more than the HPIs here
Old 04-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #11312
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Guys

I ran the car yesterday on the track for the first time to finish running the OS in. Not everything went to plan... I had more steering one way then the other. Reinstalled the servo horn on the steering servo and it was in the centre. I managed to get it better by changing the length of the tie rod from the servo to the rack. This also helped with the trim being out of this world to attempt to get the car to track straight.

Also, i had the front pivot ball retainers to tight on the ball itself causing the steering not to centre correctly. These retainers keep backing themselves off during a run as well... WTF

I will set the car later this week and have another track test this long weekend.

BB
Old 04-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #11313
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hey Guys

I ran the car yesterday on the track for the first time to finish running the OS in. Not everything went to plan... I had more steering one way then the other. Reinstalled the servo horn on the steering servo and it was in the centre. I managed to get it better by changing the length of the tie rod from the servo to the rack. This also helped with the trim being out of this world to attempt to get the car to track straight.

Also, i had the front pivot ball retainers to tight on the ball itself causing the steering not to centre correctly. These retainers keep backing themselves off during a run as well... WTF

I will set the car later this week and have another track test this long weekend.

BB
Check that the servo horn isnt bumping into the radio deck, this happened to me with an old servo i used for a week but doesnt seem to affect my new servo. I havent had to change the length of the rod but my servo horn is angled at around 60 degrees rather than the 90 recommended in the manual. As for the pivot balls just follow the instructions, they should be loose but without play

Long weekends rule! You're in QLD arent you? NSW states are on this weekend, I'm gonna go watch
Old 04-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #11314
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Hey Guys

BB
throw some teflon tape or a drop of shoe goo on those retainers
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:49 PM   #11315
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Something else you can do is cut a piece of a plastic bag and screw the retainer in with the plastic, making sure the plastic gets in between the treads.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:18 AM   #11316
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM
Check that the servo horn isnt bumping into the radio deck, this happened to me with an old servo i used for a week but doesnt seem to affect my new servo. I havent had to change the length of the rod but my servo horn is angled at around 60 degrees rather than the 90 recommended in the manual. As for the pivot balls just follow the instructions, they should be loose but without play

Long weekends rule! You're in QLD arent you? NSW states are on this weekend, I'm gonna go watch
Yeppo Sunny Queensland

I wanted to leave the servo horn @ 90 degrees so the steering was equal left to right without having to play with the steering balance on the radio. Have fun watching the State titles, i had the pleasure of watching the Worlds last year here in Brissy and never in my wildest dreams would i ever be able to drive like those guys

BB
Old 04-02-2007, 06:26 AM   #11317
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharry
throw some teflon tape or a drop of shoe goo on those retainers

Will do... ill keep you all posted, but if this keeps up i think i might get the motivation to finish off the S720 or just go back to the PS2

BB
Old 04-02-2007, 08:06 AM   #11318

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Quote:
Yeppo Sunny Queensland

I wanted to leave the servo horn @ 90 degrees so the steering was equal left to right without having to play with the steering balance on the radio. Have fun watching the State titles, i had the pleasure of watching the Worlds last year here in Brissy and never in my wildest dreams would i ever be able to drive like those guys

BB
Good thing about the r40 you can adjust the linkage going from the servo to the steering linkage. That long rod , set radio at center , then adjust that till it goes straight. Makes the car drive perfectly straight and real easy on radio setup. I did that and was very happy and if things get wacked up its just easier to do and allows the servo to function at center.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:24 AM   #11319
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Good thing about the r40 you can adjust the linkage going from the servo to the steering linkage. That long rod , set radio at center , then adjust that till it goes straight. Makes the car drive perfectly straight and real easy on radio setup. I did that and was very happy and if things get wacked up its just easier to do and allows the servo to function at center.

yeah,and the car never blows second gear,either....(you'll be back... )
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:31 AM   #11320

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Quote:
yeah,and the car never blows second gear,either....(you'll be back... )
LOL yeah never did once. Allthough once using the mugen clutch setup on the r40 they were getting weird , I believe they werent aligning right. I drilled the mounts out to help it , maybe needed to fix it more.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:08 PM   #11321
Tech Adept

Quote:
Congrats.....

I'll tell you a funny story....My first touring car(my third RC car) was a kyosho GP spyder...built it in june of 1997.......I had tried to compete in the parking lot racing with a Associated RC 10 dual sport,but was getting beat by the 4 wd cars......so I bought the spyder,and I mean,I LOADED it with every option kyosho made,,,,( I still have this car,its in MINT condition)....anyway,one of those options was a one way,which no one in my area was using,half of them didn't even know what it did or what it was for....Anyway,the first time I tried the car,the thing spun every time I hit the brakes.....and for the life of me,I couldn't figure out why it would spin.....I called hobby services the next day(tower hobbies's service arm)....and no one there raced,so they were no help....So I finally took it out in frustration and put a diff back in.,....it was only a year later,when I had stepped up to a rs4 nitro,that I was able to figure it out.....still makes me laugh to this day...
so how did you solve the problem of the spinning ,this mit help some newbees
LORD SHADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:59 PM   #11322
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thats what a one way does LORD SHADO. the reason it makes the car spin is that you only get rear breaks, so the rear tires lock up. What you need to do is set the breaks to barely slow the car down, and learn to drive with a onw way.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:36 AM   #11323
Tech Elite

Default Steering!

Hi guys

I had the car on the setup station tonight and i think the problem i am having with it not centering corectly might be the servo. It is fine to the right, but when turning left it does come back to centre. It is a Futaba 9550, and it seems to be making aweird noise while doing it.

Maybe this was causing me run on issues with the picco with the G4S:S

Assistence is appreciated

BB
Old 04-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #11324
Tech Adept

Futaba S9550 Servo Digital Low-Profile im thinking about getting this any good price anywere? whats a good digital servo for breaks.
LORD SHADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #11325
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD SHADO
Futaba S9550 Servo Digital Low-Profile im thinking about getting this any good price anywere? whats a good digital servo for breaks.

Found them at RC Mart and Tower Hobbies for $80us + shipping. I have to many other financial commitments at the moment, so i am going to put it in the cupboard for another day.

CraigM: you have PM!