soon a 1/8th on road
Duratrax Maximum ST Pro
Hpimichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:37 AM   #11222

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanos
lol thnx dude :P (that thing fastharry :P )
and i was braking my head what that shit dose :P

now that my new hara is here (thnx A.I.)i think i need to add some after markets :P what are the best 1st thigns to change?
i think of the aluminium brake thingand the aluminium stearing thing
and 1 more question couse we dont have here in greece those hoods you have outside(like the stratus 3.0 or how this thing called)
what hood you think is better for racing from the hpi family?

ohh and what you think for the alloy pulleys?
Stock should work fine for plastic , leave the steering stock too. All this is just extra weight.

Stratus 3.1 would be optimum or parma type-m if you have to go hpi:
http://hpiracing.com/bodies/bodyfocu...ber&value=7484
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:08 PM   #11223
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
lol thnx dude :P (that thing fastharry :P )
and i was braking my head what that shit dose :P

now that my new hara is here (thnx A.I.)i think i need to add some after markets :P what are the best 1st thigns to change?
i think of the aluminium brake thingand the aluminium stearing thing
and 1 more question couse we dont have here in greece those hoods you have outside(like the stratus 3.0 or how this thing called)
what hood you think is better for racing from the hpi family?

ohh and what you think for the alloy pulleys?

are you talking about the purple brake lever on my car?...and what steering thing are you referring too?....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:25 PM   #11224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpimichael
whats the best gear combo???
Is no such thing. It all pertains to many elements. That includes mainly the motor and track your running on. Other big factors are pipe , weight of the car.

Mainly you want to gear it so your 2nd gear tops out on the end of the straight. Simple as that. Otherwise keep in mind the more top speed you want the hotter your motor is going to get. The less top speed , the more acceleration.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #11225
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Another good pipe is the Skyline VR12 Plus , its highly reccomened on the forums here at rctech. Im running it and so far its the best pipe ive run. As well its the only pipe that can survive my driving and the track we run on.

Good benefits of the pipe are high durability , good power output on a high range of motors , good mpg , good wide powerband (good top - good low). The other benefits I like of it , is its good price and its got one incredible shine from the box.
Indeed!
Old 03-18-2007, 05:46 PM   #11226
Tech Initiate

damn your car is clean fastharry!

How many hole pistons should i use? I know this is a complex question but is there a good starting point? at the moment I've got the standard 2005 setup (cant remember what this is) with the gold springs on the back, but I thought i'd set my car up to Hara's setup and then fine tune from there. Problem is I'm not sure how many holes #72210 #1 & #2 are because I dont have that part (think the 2005 uses the #6818 piston set). I've ordered some 60 and 50 weight shock oil to match Hara, and some of the pink prolinear springs which are very closet the red proceed which i couldnt find.

My other question is around the tie rod mount on top of the rear wheel upright. Hara's setup sheet says he used a 4m spacer under the ball joint, is this correct? the screws arent long enough for me so i put a 2mm spacer in and this makes the angle of the tie rod quite steep. Is this optimal? I'm really having some issues getting this car to handle and seem to lose a lot of time with understeer in tight corners so I'm hoping you guys have some answers
astra power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:07 PM   #11227
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thnx for response guys
And yes fastharry that brake level thing, and i mean the aluminium steering things that hold the aluminum steering plate :P
i want to change they couse they brake.
anyway i will need to wait for the engine so i can see what like and what i dont :P

and thnx about the hood a.i. unfortunatly only hpi have here the biggest colection of hoods so i would have to get hpi
stefanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:32 PM   #11228
Tech Elite

this?.

http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...37107509017.05
Old 03-19-2007, 04:13 AM   #11229
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yap yap
stefanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:58 AM   #11230
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra power
damn your car is clean fastharry!

How many hole pistons should i use? I know this is a complex question but is there a good starting point? at the moment I've got the standard 2005 setup (cant remember what this is) with the gold springs on the back, but I thought i'd set my car up to Hara's setup and then fine tune from there. Problem is I'm not sure how many holes #72210 #1 & #2 are because I dont have that part (think the 2005 uses the #6818 piston set). I've ordered some 60 and 50 weight shock oil to match Hara, and some of the pink prolinear springs which are very closet the red proceed which i couldnt find.

My other question is around the tie rod mount on top of the rear wheel upright. Hara's setup sheet says he used a 4m spacer under the ball joint, is this correct? the screws arent long enough for me so i put a 2mm spacer in and this makes the angle of the tie rod quite steep. Is this optimal? I'm really having some issues getting this car to handle and seem to lose a lot of time with understeer in tight corners so I'm hoping you guys have some answers

To be honest,I didn't use hara's set up......I build all my cars the same way.....50 st oil,#3 pistons,ride height of 6 mm rear,5.5 mm front with 61 mm tires in back,59 in front,black springs all the way around,3 degree toe in back,1 degree toe out in front,middle caster,1 d camber in front,2 in back...I run the 4gear diff in back with 30,000 weight,and a one way in front....If I run a diff in front,I'll start with 50,000....and no spacers under the uprights.......and here's the key...I always run 1 shore SOFTER tire in front.......
Old 03-19-2007, 08:35 AM   #11231

I tried haras setup and to be honest found that my own setup worked better. Im sure haras setup are good but the 1 sheet he runs on im sure the track was far different than what we run so its pretty much pointless unless he went and posted a bunch of tracks and rated the grip and tightness of the track as well. So you can get a better estimate. Otherwise all tracks are different and require a different tune. Some cars have a wider range so one setting can work on other tracks a bit easier. Getting the CF rear brace and supplies a cf piece which attaches to the arm. This gives more stroke and therefore a wider tuning range on the r40.

If you have the 2004 or 2005 / hara kit. Your golden grahams. If not and you want improved setup go for it.

Also I ran 50wt with black springs in the rear , silver in the front , spool in front , 10k 4 gear diff in the rear , 5mm front , 5.5mm rear , then I tweaked it on some scale (made left and right even in weight distribution) installed a mugen clutch , w yellow pad , 40 shore front , 37 shore rear twister tires and the car was on rails.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #11232
Tech Elite

Quote:
yap yap

I like it..and i like the rear brake arm also,,,,,3 racing makes the brake arm..
Old 03-19-2007, 05:19 PM   #11233
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
I tried haras setup and to be honest found that my own setup worked better. Im sure haras setup are good but the 1 sheet he runs on im sure the track was far different than what we run so its pretty much pointless unless he went and posted a bunch of tracks and rated the grip and tightness of the track as well. So you can get a better estimate. Otherwise all tracks are different and require a different tune. Some cars have a wider range so one setting can work on other tracks a bit easier. Getting the CF rear brace and supplies a cf piece which attaches to the arm. This gives more stroke and therefore a wider tuning range on the r40.

If you have the 2004 or 2005 / hara kit. Your golden grahams. If not and you want improved setup go for it.

Also I ran 50wt with black springs in the rear , silver in the front , spool in front , 10k 4 gear diff in the rear , 5mm front , 5.5mm rear , then I tweaked it on some scale (made left and right even in weight distribution) installed a mugen clutch , w yellow pad , 40 shore front , 37 shore rear twister tires and the car was on rails.
Yeah that's a good point about the track, i race on a very tight moderate grip track, so Hara's setup is probably a long way off. I've got the 05 car so I've got those CF bits. So you run 50wt all round? Which pistons in the F/R?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharry
To be honest,I didn't use hara's set up......I build all my cars the same way.....50 st oil,#3 pistons,ride height of 6 mm rear,5.5 mm front with 61 mm tires in back,59 in front,black springs all the way around,3 degree toe in back,1 degree toe out in front,middle caster,1 d camber in front,2 in back...I run the 4gear diff in back with 30,000 weight,and a one way in front....If I run a diff in front,I'll start with 50,000....and no spacers under the uprights.......and here's the key...I always run 1 shore SOFTER tire in front.......
So your shock oil/pistons are the same all the way around?

Thanks for the help guys, I'm starting to think my obsession with stiffening the rear of my car might not be suited to the track I race on, so i might grab some softer front springs and try some of your setup tips, then maybe pick up a 4 gear front diff
astra power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:06 PM   #11234
Tech Elite

yes......I usually change tires,caster,and rear toe b4 I do anything else....
Old 03-19-2007, 06:12 PM   #11235
Tech Master

astra,

I run my own setup as well. Hara's setup is for a permanent high grip, flowing track. In general, I found I need more rear grip, so I use either black or silver springs in the rear with the black fronts, 50 Wt shock oil with stock pistons all around. 5mm/ 5.5mm f/r ride height (ya my chassis is really scraped up) 1.5/2 deg camber f/r, 0/3 toe f/r. I use the 4 gear rear diff and a 2 gear front dif with 30000 rear and 100000 front. Both diffs 3/4 full.

Oh, I run at a medum to low grip parking lot track thats fairly technical with 140' straight.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote