R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-02-2007, 09:52 PM   #11146
Tech Adept

well my box only had the one instruction booklet and nothing in there has part II or anything like that ...the kit wa sbrand new with the factory seals still on it ...
Hpimichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #11147

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Its like a couple of sheets stapled together. Like straight from a printer. It has to be in there. If not , somewhere in this thread someone has scanned them in , some quick searching back a few pages you should be able to locate it.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:04 PM   #11148

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Found it for you.

Pages 359 and 360

Direct link here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...page=359&pp=30

Save those suckers and print em out.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:56 AM   #11149
Tech Adept

Thanks AI,

this helps out allot , they had one of these sepreate manuals for the Type ss Rs4 as well, now i have the trouble of trying to get a stripped hex head nut out of the 2 speed clutch LOL , but once i get this sorted out im golden , is the picco .12 red-dot a good engine for the R40??? and why didnt they make it shaft drive? that would be highly more reliable
Old 03-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #11150
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to ProE Send a message via Skype™ to ProE

The quality of the hex screws of the two speed is not very good. Buy some normal screws and replace those.
ProE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #11151
Tech Adept

okay guys heres the deal i got all the parts i need now to complete the two speed after that stripped head ... so i get everything on the drive shaft and the side where the gears are the bearing doesnt line up with the holder, and if i put the bearing on the other side then the pins that hold the brake disc from spinning come out and i have some slack in there , what do i do ?
Old 03-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #11152
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpimichael
okay guys heres the deal i got all the parts i need now to complete the two speed after that stripped head ... so i get everything on the drive shaft and the side where the gears are the bearing doesnt line up with the holder, and if i put the bearing on the other side then the pins that hold the brake disc from spinning come out and i have some slack in there , what do i do ?
That bearing needs to slide down into the slot in the bulkhead. You may need to use some pressure to do this since the rear belt wants to pull the shaft towards the back of the car. The brake disk will be really loose and the pin will fall out at this point. When you put the top half of the bulkhead on, the brake pads will keep the brake disk in place.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #11153
Tech Initiate

i stripped those hex screws too. best thing to do is grind a flathead grove into them using a dremel cutwheel.

does anyone know if you can still get the proceed red springs online? I'm in aus so I get most of my parts shipped here but I havent found anywhere that sells them anymore. Looks like the gold ones have been discontinued too but i've managed to place an order here so hopefully they can get them at least
astra power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:46 PM   #11154
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

hey guys,I'm selling the r40 hara I won at the HPI Challenge this year..new in box,of course.....

325 plus shipping......48 states only....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #11155
Tech Adept

hey guys thanks for your help , cant belive ive had my kit for almost 5 days in parts ... LOL after my work days, and got past the tranny assembly i built the car in 8 hours.... still have to break in engine and fine tune radio gear /...

must be nice to be in the A main worlds....

Mike
Old 03-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #11156
Tech Adept

hey guys,

so i just noticed that my car doesnt free roll... it cranks the engine over when i push it forward... now is this supposed to happen?

second, what battery packs are you guys using?? found out it wasnt compatiable with the old school 4 cell pack ... i have yet to start up this beast ... what glow plugs do you use for a Picco .12 JLR red-dot? and is this the proper break in?-Correct break in ? or since its a race engine can i drive the car around and lean it out every 3 tanks or soo?? of course not all at full throttle 50%-75% throttle..

Mike
Old 03-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #11157
Tech Master

If the engine is cranking, both your 2 speed and your clutch are binding. They both need to free wheel. Have you built and adjusted a centax type clutch and a clutch type 2 speed before? If not, you will need to get some additional advise on setting them up before you start.

As for your engine, you should know if you bought a turbo or standard plug engine. You can pull the plug and look at the end. If it has a taper to it, its a turbo plug. A standard plug is squared off.

Engine break in is somthing you'll get many different answers on. There is a really good thread in the nitro engine forum on this.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:32 PM   #11158
Tech Adept

okay so i got the twop speed clutch fixed and it rolls freely now, i was setting up my throtlle servo and then went to my steering servo and noticed that the wheels werent turns with the servo ... but the turn when the radio is off... now it it cause t he servo is not strong enough or is it binding ? any one else have this prob?

mike
Old 03-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #11159
Tech Adept

Default r40

were can i get a good deal on a r40 or the special r40 hobby shops or what ever who saling it at a good price in america
LORD SHADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:26 PM   #11160
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD SHADO
were can i get a good deal on a r40 or the special r40 hobby shops or what ever who saling it at a good price in america
Check it out here

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...ostcount=11154