Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Alright guys , its almost the end of the week. Still have tons of items up for grabs with no bids. Here

The best prices you can find on these parts and their all brand new.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

why are you selling the 360?......going to a mugen,I can understand,but if tell me the ps3 is on your purchase list,I'm gonna be very disappointed...
Old 01-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharry
why are you selling the 360?......going to a mugen,I can understand,but if tell me the ps3 is on your purchase list,I'm gonna be very disappointed...
LOL. Im contemplating keeping it , but im scared its going to die out like a lot of my friends have and Id rather have sold it before that. Its older than a year , so if it goes ms will give me the big middle finger. Allthough not used much im kinda scared.

As well not sure what games im going to stick with and yeah im eyeballing the ps3 , but sadly doesnt seem to be any good games worth getting in their launch titles , blu-ray movies are overpriced compared to hd-dvd movies (29.99 a lot more than 19.99) and im just not playing games lately in terms of consoles.

Im in that Ive got too much stuff that I dont really use mood. Sadly I love xbox live and playing with friends and such. PS3 doesnt have jack diddly for that either. So im kinda stuck , I figure if anything ill wait till a hot game for 360 and purchase another one. Heard a newer gen will be coming out soon , perhaps itll have less trouble.

But yeah Ive got a big debate going on in this other forum about gaming in 2007 and how it stinks. Im all flipped turned upsidedown. Going to mugen , selling 360 , started drinking again...lol. Thinking about leaving the woman , getting a new one too. HA. j/k Ive also been repairing my real car. It was going down the tubes as I wasnt taking care of it. Got a cracked rotor , needs new brake fluid , swapping out the lines for SS ones , got new pads on the way as the front are done.

I also picked up the nintendo wii and im kinda dissapointed with that too. My wiimote isnt responding like I think it should. Like in boxing im punching and its just not working 60% of the time. Im also preparing to purchase that new windows vista, which comes out on the 30th. So im kinda trying to allocate some loot for that bad boy.

So much to do , so little time.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

sounds like you have a lot on your plate these days.

as for the Vista upgrade don't bother as with all microsoft products wait at least 8 months the price will drop a bit (it is microbucks after all) unless your running an insanely powerfull machine it's just not worth the upgrade i'd wait till at least after the summer just in time for all the back to school sales.

as for gameing in general I prefer the pc over consoles I like to have more options then the consols allow, but I do like the pop in and play aspect of the consoles but I'll never give up my PC.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Intel P4 3.2GHZ Dual Core
4gig or ram
2 X 280gig SATA NCQ PD 3.0GB/S hd's in raid 0
Nvidia Geforce 7900 GTO - 256MB

I picked up vista yesterday. Its drop dead gorgeous for one. As well it finds and installs nearly all hardware on the computer and has it ready on the first load. Its very smart and I got the (premium edition) which has windows media center. So I can now stream anything to my xbox and play it there as if it were on my computer.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Intel P4 3.2GHZ Dual Core
4gig or ram
2 X 280gig SATA NCQ PD 3.0GB/S hd's in raid 0
Nvidia Geforce 7900 GTO - 256MB

I picked up vista yesterday. Its drop dead gorgeous for one. As well it finds and installs nearly all hardware on the computer and has it ready on the first load. Its very smart and I got the (premium edition) which has windows media center. So I can now stream anything to my xbox and play it there as if it were on my computer.
the vid card needs 512 ram..
Old 01-31-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharry
the vid card needs 512 ram..
Oops typo , it is 512MB.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

hello everyone...it's been a REAL long time since I've been an active poster. Anyways since the R40 is thread is still going strong just wanted to let you all know I have some R40 (plus more) stuff for sale...all NEW and NEVER used.

See this thread:
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2996613

Thanks,
Puma

BTW good to see fastharry still active
Old 02-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ran my first season of nitro on road last year at our new track here in St. Louis, Evolution Raceway. Last year I ran 1/8th scale, but this year I am looking to try out 1/10th as well.
I have an HPI R40 2004 that I am gonna try, but I don't have much info on the car. I am looking for mainly set ups and upgrades needed to go fast.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 02-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The 04 Hara version has all the upgrades on it already. The 05 Hara is the US version which is completely different. I'd stay with the 04 and race it stock.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by smac
I ran my first season of nitro on road last year at our new track here in St. Louis, Evolution Raceway. Last year I ran 1/8th scale, but this year I am looking to try out 1/10th as well.
I have an HPI R40 2004 that I am gonna try, but I don't have much info on the car. I am looking for mainly set ups and upgrades needed to go fast.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Yeah its pretty well set from the box the 2004/2005 editions. Race it and see how it goes. If the clutch doesnt perform up to your expecatations , you can swap for a mugen. Also on the hpi clutch bell youll need to trim the pins down to to below the clutch disc. This way the pins wont rub the inside of the clutch bell.

If it does suit you, upgrading to the 2005 is as easy as buying the new top deck , fuel tank , new chassis and aluminum servo mounts. It also requires a 5cell AAA pack. Which I reccomend using on the 2004 as well.

The 2005 has a more centered layout with a better setup top deck to properly hold the steering servo in place. Has more front grip and drives better through the corners and all around.

There are some setup pages @ hpiracing.com as well some hard to get ahold of ones at pro-hobby.net

Also not sure what you prefer to race with but if you want a spool in the front its called rear solid axle. Just use it in the front.

Also another reccomendation is going for rubber sealed bearings. The stock ones dont hold up to well to sand/dirt in my area. But my area is a dustier condition , im not sure how good stl raceway is though. If its well groomed , then ok.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
If the clutch doesnt perform up to your expecatations , you can swap for a mugen. Also on the hpi clutch bell youll need to trim the pins down to to below the clutch disc. This way the pins wont rub the inside of the clutch bell.
Does filing down the pins improve clutch take up? I've got an 05 R40 and the clutch spring seems too stiff to get enough grab at low-mid engine speeds. Are there any other remedies, i've loosened the collar about as far as it will go? Otherwise what Mugen clutch should i look at getting?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

R40 clutch spring is very hard. You can set it atop some sandpaper and rub it back and forth , this will reduce the size as well will let it come out earlier , only do this a little. Then I also tried bouncing on it under my shoe. This helps loosen it some.

Another thing is you can run other springs out there , not sure which will work. I have a gs-racing spring that worked ok. It was a little too soft.

But ill keep an eye out for other springs you can use. I know a lot of the mugen springs are hard. Perhaps someone knows a better choice.

If you get a mugen clutch , its mtx-3 clutch set. You use the entire thing , flywheel and all. I will have two for sale soon. Pretty much barely used.

Youll also need to adjust the engine holes in the chassis so you can get a better gear alignment. But works like a charm.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by astra power
Does filing down the pins improve clutch take up? I've got an 05 R40 and the clutch spring seems too stiff to get enough grab at low-mid engine speeds. Are there any other remedies, i've loosened the collar about as far as it will go? Otherwise what Mugen clutch should i look at getting?
On a good number of the flywheels, the pins stick out too far and they wear a groove in the clutch bell. When this happens, you can't get the correct gap between the clutch shoes and the clutch bell. You can check your clutch bell to see if this is happening to you. You can also use the Mugen Yellow clutch shoe for more bite, but you may need to ream the holes a bit to get it to fit. If you run on a high grip track, you will have more trouble getting the clutch to grab hard enough. The yellow shoe will help. If the track is really high grip, you might need to switch to the Mugen MTX3 clutch.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Well guys as my mtx-4 nears completion and as Iam taking parts off the r40 (servo , receiver battery). I notice one thing. Ill never be running this car again. So Iam going to sell my r40 hara.

Its got 300 dollars worth of hop-ups on it (too much to list) , Check out my posts youll see whats on it, it weighs 1625-1650g fully loaded (transponder and all) 1725 I believe with body. Its been built for the purpose of being lightweight. I got this car very light. Everything thats available in CF it has. Its got spool installed in the front and after my last rebuild only went to one race. Has CG arms in the front , plastic in the rear. Everthing is in perfect condition , races like champ. Looking for $475 shipped. Assembled and ready to rock. LMK if anyones interested.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 02-13-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.