R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-24-2006, 08:10 AM   #10966

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

You can try the yellow or grey mugen pad , must be reemed to fit. I did this and still wasnt satified.

Get the entire mtx-3 clutch set , flywheel and all it comes with. Then use your hpi gears.

Front , I dont think really anyone puts them in the rear.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:36 AM   #10967
Tech Rookie

hello,

i am new here i am jarno from holland and i am a proud owner of a costum r40 hara. my question is: is there a real gtp kit for the r40 with another bumper and bumper holder?
jarnotrulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:01 PM   #10968
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Okay, you can use the hpi gears on the mtx-3 clutch bell? I don't think the gears will thread onto the mtx-3 clutch bell because they are a different size??
Deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #10969
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeds
Okay, you can use the hpi gears on the mtx-3 clutch bell? I don't think the gears will thread onto the mtx-3 clutch bell because they are a different size??
the hpi gears will fit on the mtx 3 CB. i am running that set up and having no problems with it at all
thisisagame24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #10970
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ah...It's because I was sent a mtx4 clutch...not the mtx3 like I ordered My invoice shows the mtx3 part number, but I got the mtx4 clutch set. Let me guess, this will not work and I have to send it back
Deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:13 AM   #10971
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone here run the G4 as well as the R40? I am thinking of changing over to the G4S from 2005 spec R40. I run at a pretty high level and I have seen a lot of fellow racers go faster with the G4 when switching from other brands.
bucknuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:38 PM   #10972
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknuts
Anyone here run the G4 as well as the R40? I am thinking of changing over to the G4S from 2005 spec R40. I run at a pretty high level and I have seen a lot of fellow racers go faster with the G4 when switching from other brands.
I just race at a local track(Ihave not been in some time), But I was thinking about trying the G4S myself, however I was just worried about the part support as others are with certain cars...

~Jason
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:33 PM   #10973
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

I too am willing to try other cars. It seems Tower will carry the G4s, but Trinity will be backing them up with part support so we all know how that's gonna be. I still have my R40 for sale though meanwhile as I don't think it'd be good to run two sedans.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:32 AM   #10974
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Thumbs up hi guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how's everyone doing?....figure I'd pop in and say HI!!....I've been real busy organising 10 years worth of RC stuff...trying to build a b4 brushless for racing at barnstormers in NY....AND,being winter,doing alot of online games playing with the XBOX 360(Gears of War can almost make you give up RC cars!!! )......not to mention I also bought the Nintendo Wii(which is alot of fun....)...AND,I also have a nib pS3....WHICH i DON'T KNOW IF I'm gonna keep...

now,getting back to RC nitro....

Go read the last 6 pages of the G4 threads.......it makes the R40 clutch issues seem like childs play....not to mention all the Dinkin" around with every part of the car........definitely not a car to own...esp with support iffy......

one thing I learned this year,the centax clutch is a big part of the cars performance....and after driving a RRR,a 720, and a Mugen,...Im thinking(mind you) of a 720.....the mugen drove nice(very nice)....but I really feel serpent is devoted to racing...they always have trick new stuff,,,,,always develop the cars continually,and the clutch is top notch....not to mention they have USA headquaters,they have great support,and the cars has more steering than anything I've driven....

so IF I change,that is gonna be the car.....

UNLESS,of course,XRAY comes out with the nitro car.....

BTW,anyone think Hot Bodies(being the racing arm of HPI now) will come out with another nitro car?....

Oh yeah....here's the best part...

at the age of 52,I got my hair cut into a Mohawk.....my mom thinks I look like an idiot....so its the perfect haircut in my eyes!

I don't know what possesed me......I got to thinking about Rocky 6 coming out in Dec,got to watching Rocky 3,I dig mr T........and went for it.......

Last edited by fastharry™; 12-10-2006 at 07:06 AM.
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:01 AM   #10975
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

FastHarry- What do you think of the RRR WC VS the MTX4? I'm leaning to the 4 myself, but am interested in the 720.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:44 PM   #10976
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharry

at the age of 52,I got my hair cut into a Mohawk.....my mom thinks I look like an idiot....so its the perfect haircut in my eyes! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what possesed me......I got to thinking about Rocky 6 coming out in Dec,got to watching Rocky 3,I dig mr T........and went for it.......[img
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/cool/049.gif[/img]
have any pics of the new hair dew?
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:13 AM   #10977
Tech Master

Yea Harry, we need pics!

I was actually starting to lean towards the G4S before TM went with Trinity for distribution. The car had pretty good representation around here and the service was top notch. I don't really think it needed as much tweaking as Harry is saying. Take a look in the 720 thread and those guys like to tinker just as much.

I do agree on the clutch being a key to good performance and the G4s has the UFO hop up that really sounds like a good peice.

At this point, IF I were to switch, I would probably drink the kool aide and get a Mugen. It is the most popular chassis out here and they have a large factory contingent racing local races. I'm not in any hurry to decide though. I haven't raced in 8 months. The only RC jollies I have to look foward to in the near future is seeing a picture of Harry with the mohawk!
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:00 AM   #10978
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

and get this....it goes down the back and ends in a point!!!......

((see my R40 peeking out?.....see all those engine boxes in the closet?)

fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:19 AM   #10979
Tech Regular

Wow, I thought I was the only Closet Engine guy out there. I am Glad to see there are more of us around.

Scream the Monkey and nice Mohawk, Dude.
XPHamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:23 AM   #10980

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Fast harry I just got GOW...well have to play with each other.

Also Ive been away from racing and my r40 quite a bit. I moved , then my daughter was born last week. So its been quite a change up , on top of that my job has been letting me down and im not sure If Ill be renewed so im frantically looking for a new one at the moment.

But I also purchased a WII. Its been pretty fun , been playing zelda. There are some quirks though to the control of the motion sensor ive found , been a let down , but otherwise maybe they will keep updating the console and it gets better. Also downloaded the original zelda , its a trip playing that game again. Was just a kid when that came out.

Also fastharry is one cool guy, I was amazed to hear his voice online , he was also quite halarious with the jokes.

Also just to remind everyone. I still have those 2 brand new US R40 Hara kits (never used). Let me know guys , would love to sell it to someone on here. Also have a team orion CRF motor that im looking to get rid of , never used.

Merry Christmas to you people.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote