R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-13-2006, 10:15 PM   #10456

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

I found some place selling one for the r40. I picked it up but havent seen them since. Ill try to track it down, I believe I snagged it off ebay. It was some weird aftermarket company.

Also so people can use the mugen pivot balls on the r40? This is interesting.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:38 AM   #10457
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Two onroads here...silver bullet back in action!

Old 06-14-2006, 09:51 AM   #10458
Tech Initiate

Hey does anybody know a company that makes black onroad rims? All I ever see are white, neon green/yellow or neon orange. I guess I could paint my white ones black but I'm afraid I would thow off the balance of the wheels. Not that they are balanced in the first place.
PoPRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:15 AM   #10459
Tech Rookie

Default O.S. max 12-tr

he peoplez.
yesterday, i bought a O.S. max 12-tr engine.
I was wandering if some of guys also had this engine, and what youre expierences were with it.
thanks.
StEvE
steven w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:06 AM   #10460

Id say it was a little under powered. Came out quite some time ago. I wouldnt pay over $100 for one brand new. But thats on the basis I can get the D3R for a little over $100 and it keeps up with most high-end powerplants.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:57 AM   #10461
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry

[QUOTE=HarKonnenD]Two onroads here...silver bullet back in action!

hey harkonnenD how do you like your JR Z-1? I was thinking about getting one. Also what made get the Jr vs the ko propo?

thanks Jason
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:31 PM   #10462
Tech Elite

steve- As AI said it is old and a little weaker than the MT12 because it doesn't rev as hard. With crisp driving skill you may be able to get away with it on most small tracks and in a beginner class. I'm running that engine now with a THS pipe, byrons 30%, and an OS R5 plug. This engine stays running constantly and puts out pretty good power. Everyone says go with the most power, but can you control it on a track? Most tracks are very technical and small...so there is no need to spend $$ on a $300 engine. This engine will be for practicing and such, but since I am running on a much larger track I have another engine on hand.

JS- KO gave or JR bought the design from KO. It's not an upgrade or evolvment from the R1. The Z-1 is very similiar to the KO radio...just different color here n there and the KO has mostly KO logos. It's really easy to use especially when you can hop to the menu settings via scroll buttom or +/- button. It's not like the 3pk where you have to press all sorts of buttons to get to one setting. Heck the dial button will scroll as fast as you turn it! The Z-1 does have the synthesized module for it and it works great if you don't want to get spektrum. If you are interested I have a spare Synth module for the Z1 in MINT condition I can let go for $50. It's regular price is $90+.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:20 PM   #10463

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
steve- As AI said it is old and a little weaker than the MT12 because it doesn't rev as hard. With crisp driving skill you may be able to get away with it on most small tracks and in a beginner class. I'm running that engine now with a THS pipe, byrons 30%, and an OS R5 plug. This engine stays running constantly and puts out pretty good power. Everyone says go with the most power, but can you control it on a track? Most tracks are very technical and small...so there is no need to spend $$ on a $300 engine. This engine will be for practicing and such, but since I am running on a much larger track I have another engine on hand.

JS- KO gave or JR bought the design from KO. It's not an upgrade or evolvment from the R1. The Z-1 is very similiar to the KO radio...just different color here n there and the KO has mostly KO logos. It's really easy to use especially when you can hop to the menu settings via scroll buttom or +/- button. It's not like the 3pk where you have to press all sorts of buttons to get to one setting. Heck the dial button will scroll as fast as you turn it! The Z-1 does have the synthesized module for it and it works great if you don't want to get spektrum. If you are interested I have a spare Synth module for the Z1 in MINT condition I can let go for $50. It's regular price is $90+.
The weaker the motor the more easy to stay consistent. Thats the good thing bout the TR's good for begginer thats for sure and its OS tuning , probably one of the easier motors to tune. Get your tuning and driving and check on the vehicle then move up to the faster motors.

Yeah the 3pk and Futabas are known to be a little tricky. Ill be honest Ive barely used my 3pk and havent used it at a race yet. I just use it on VRC while I get used to it.

One thing though you can hit direct , then tap one of the buttons on the controller and it takes you right to the section you want.

But otherwise the menus....oh god. Its like a freaking library I havent even seen but 1/3 of them... I just stick to the simple stuff anyway. But its nice knowing this kinda stuff is there. Theres also a setting for more advanced or simple menus. I think during a race I should switch to simple and while on the bench advanced when im playing around. Otherwise if you go into the menus during a race or practice...good luck.

Either way I have kinda tried to adjust my vehicle on the track during the race...but its always no good. I gotta figure out how to be able to adjust brake and steering when it falls off , that seems to be the main things that go wrong during a race.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:33 PM   #10464
Tech Rookie

he lads.
thanks about the good advices, but still this is my first nitro car.
im quite good skilled, and with my other car a electric one, ive done some expiriences with, you could say im a midskiler.
but with a car like the r40, a nitro car is new to me, and with this engine i have , people told me that i could have some serious power with.
i know its not one of 'the' fastest engines out there, but i can get above 110 km/h with it, that on 36.000 revs, and this generates 1.2 hp, so iv'e heard.
and since i dont want a too fast engine in the first place i want to do some expiriences with this one, and maybe later indeed a better/faster engine.
but...110 km/h.. i think that ll be enough for me for now.
latER
SteVe'
Old 06-15-2006, 06:14 PM   #10465
Tech Elite

Sry bro, but the .12TR isn't putting out more power than the MT12. It does rev just a tick slower than it in pretty much every department...but in no means is it a slow motor compared to the mt12. I'm purchasing another upgraded R40 to the deal to really make use of this motor before a new engine gets in.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:23 PM   #10466

Here is a review page on it.

http://www.nitroreview.com/TheDataba...m?engineid=190

As you can kinda see from the readers opinions its basically what we spoke about.

Im sure there is also a TR thread in the nitro engine zone. But not sure where. Its just an older motor. I remember when it came out they had a good bit of hype behind it. Its essentially a cv-r , with rear exhaust port.

The newer motors out there are just in a different class. But like I said its a good motor and budget wise if its what you gotta run its what you gotta do. I had a very limited budget when I started on my R40. I think if your a new racer its probably a great motor. Fast enough , easy to run. I had a very fast motor to start , so much so it kinda threw me off. I then went to a slower motor and started to actually place well. So...its good.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:30 PM   #10467
Tech Elite

Ai- I'll let ya know how I do at prospeed if i go this sunday for fathers day race. Unfortunately I'll be running sedan and 8th so I'm not sure if I'll get pics or clips from racing. I'll see what happens.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:54 AM   #10468
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Sry bro, but the .12TR isn't putting out more power than the MT12. It does rev just a tick slower than it in pretty much every department...but in no means is it a slow motor compared to the mt12. I'm purchasing another upgraded R40 to the deal to really make use of this motor before a new engine gets in.
yo
i know its a faster engine than mines.
but like i said this ll be my first engine, knowing its not a high-end engine.
Look, its not about the other options i can set with better engines, but for now im satisfied with this one
it still needs to be runt though, the car is done, the engine set in, now all i have to get is a good exhaust-pipe, good fuel and startbox, and im ready!
lAteR
StEvE
Old 06-16-2006, 02:58 AM   #10469
Tech Elite

AI- I hate that nitroreview site...it's the worst for engine reviews since most ppl just spam it.

Steve- What I ment to say is the TR isn't putting out 1.2hp but more like around 1.09-1.10 hp or so. The MT12 is about 1.15. A lot of dynos will give you different numbers.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:50 PM   #10470
Tech Rookie

Quote:
AI- I hate that nitroreview site...it's the worst for engine reviews since most ppl just spam it.

Steve- What I ment to say is the TR isn't putting out 1.2hp but more like around 1.09-1.10 hp or so. The MT12 is about 1.15. A lot of dynos will give you different numbers.
yeah i understand.