Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #10396
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven w
he lil dude.
if i ask you for anything il let you know, stupid
its the thing that im so exited about it, and does not have anything to do with being 'young and stupid '.
just got knew at this forum, and some idiot starts allready
its a forum to discuss r40 stuff, not bullshit ..
remember that dude
StEvE

Dude, slow your roll. Before you start blasting reputable members on this forum, think twice. Especially if your a noob, I wouldn't go around acting like that. People here will be less inclined to help you out. It's true that we always welcome new people, as this helps with growth. But for somebody with a mouth and attitude like that....we just don't need it. I'll be the first to admit that I don't have a Mother Theresa mouth, but there is a time and place to use those words. And judging by your tone and writing, you sound quite young....12, 13? So take the time and patience to learn from the people here that have been doing this for quite some time.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:32 AM   #10397
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
Dude, slow your roll. Before you start blasting reputable members on this forum, think twice. Especially if your a noob, I wouldn't go around acting like that. People here will be less inclined to help you out. It's true that we always welcome new people, as this helps with growth. But for somebody with a mouth and attitude like that....we just don't need it. I'll be the first to admit that I don't have a Mother Theresa mouth, but there is a time and place to use those words. And judging by your tone and writing, you sound quite young....12, 13? So take the time and patience to learn from the people here that have been doing this for quite some time.

I second that........this isn't the sony PSP or X box 360 forums......keep the gaming attitude to yourself.....

btw...welcome aboard......need help..Just ask....(politely,that is.....)
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:19 AM   #10398

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Happy Birthday Harry....speaking of xbox360 im on right now.

Also I must admit im sure Ive let a few curse words slip. Just as long as its not a continual thing or done in a way to offend anyone.

Lets all be cool , I dont want any drama in the r40 forum. We have a good group of guys here so lets all relax.

BTW my car is going hara conversion today. Ill let you know how it converts out everyone. BTW horizon also has all HARA parts in stock and a much better price I paid direct from hpiracing , you luckies.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:22 AM   #10399

Also hay guys , (I know this is kinda mean to hpi...) But want to know what there doing instead of racing the R40 this season. Some really important stuff is going on.

http://www.hpiracing.com/news.php?issue=2006060601

This is why they arent working on the new R40 or racing it. Much more important racing business is at hand. j/k
Old 06-08-2006, 10:55 AM   #10400
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Med traction asphalt setup

Can someone post a good setup for Med traction parking lot type tracks?
Fast harry?
bucknuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #10401
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
BTW my car is going hara conversion today. Ill let you know how it converts out everyone. BTW horizon also has all HARA parts in stock and a much better price I paid direct from hpiracing , you luckies.
didnt you get hold of the parts months ago? I seem to remember you posting about it.

anyways, are there any other companies that make the aluminium middle mount like how hpi does it(i.e. not triangular)? The current(plastic triangular) ones block the screw when I want to remove the battery plate.

With the hara upperdeck, I find it a pita to replace batteries. I need to loosen the muffler and remove the drive belt to gain acess to the batteries. Any other solution?

While the middle mount from hpi cost nearly 60usd, would the ones from 3racing or GPM be much inferior being comparatively cheap?
boggysv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #10402

middle mount can be found cheaper. I got the gpm for curiosity. I then thought its a bit different from the hpi and reading from hpi japan said it changes the balance and grip levels for different tuning setups....

Are you using alkaline batteries? Get AAA 5 cell battery hump pack , then just recharge.

Edit: Yeah I got the hara stuff a month ago. Had to hold off installing it cause I was wanting to start off my race with the 2004 kit.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 06-08-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:22 PM   #10403
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
middle mount can be found cheaper. I got the gpm for curiosity. I then thought its a bit different from the hpi and reading from hpi japan said it changes the balance and grip levels for different tuning setups....

thanks for the birthday wishes mike...which middle mount piece is everyone referring to?.....and is the GPM one what you are referring to as far as being able to change the balance and grip?..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:28 PM   #10404

Heres the HPI Middle Mount:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGPE5&P=7

Its basically the replacement for the two triangluar plastic pieces under the upper deck , near the motor. The hpi piece is the one that has that description from hpi japan website.

The GPM piece is a triangle , where the hpi is a small rectangle. They look totally different. Im not sure what the gpm part will do vs the hpi , but I can gather its going to be a different effect.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:20 PM   #10405
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

I know this is probaly a bad way to put this question, but is the R40 a great racer out of the box stock?

I want something new and can't decide between the R40 and G4S, parts are cheaper and more available to me (LHS carries it), but the G4S has way more upgrades over this car.

So stock is it great or a winner?

Also Art how are those STS engines?
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:59 PM   #10406
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Happy Bday FastHarry!!!

RC- You shall see soon enough.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #10407
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

bert you already talked to me about it now stop flowwing me around
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #10408
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Also hay guys , (I know this is kinda mean to hpi...) But want to know what there doing instead of racing the R40 this season. Some really important stuff is going on.

http://www.hpiracing.com/news.php?issue=2006060601

This is why they arent working on the new R40 or racing it. Much more important racing business is at hand. j/k
Yeah it is a shame, they came on strong in 2003-2004 with some serious racing, then basically shut up shop. It seems to me that the "Hot Bodies" brand is the racing brand and HPI is going back towards being a basher brand again.

In any event there are some other superb cars out there so we will always have plenty of options.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #10409
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
I know this is probaly a bad way to put this question, but is the R40 a great racer out of the box stock?

I want something new and can't decide between the R40 and G4S, parts are cheaper and more available to me (LHS carries it), but the G4S has way more upgrades over this car.

The Hara edition is great from the box, the car kit is quite refined now. Some people still seem to struggle with the stock clutch, if this is the case you can substitute a Mugen clutch. I always seem to be able to do quite well with the R40 against other cars with similar driver skill level.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:12 PM   #10410
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution

You need to compare the 2005 Hara version of the R40 to the G4S. The 2005 has almost all the options included.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote