R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-26-2006, 08:18 PM   #9736
Tech Elite

Yep after you been in this sport/hobby some time you will forget brand allegance and whether this or that thing was not quite right in a certain kit. I could list off a string of things that are "not right" about the 710 as well, some only certain unlucky people face.

You eventually realise any kit can be fast if done right.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:47 PM   #9737
Tech Master

I agree 100%. Every car has its positives and negatives. In the end, you run what you want. Its pretty funny that I had a Serpent before I got my R40's.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:59 PM   #9738
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGRacer
Yeah I have at various times had a mid corner push with the car. I have a couple of fixes to that problem.

1. Get the 2005 kit. No word of a lie, box standard the 2005 has far less mid corner push in the fast stuff and especially on transition.
2. On a grippy track with very high speed corners (I am talking top of 2nd gear into a sweeper without braking) I have used the graphite arms and the alloy swaybar holder to get the car to have more "precision" whilest turning. Its not really a "push" per se its more of a "wandering" or lack of steering response when the chassis is really rolling.

I have never had a low speed mid corner push that I could not eliminate with springs and shocks. Where are you getting yours?
I experienced it at high speed running at the track HarkonnenD mentioned (Bridgeport). It was slight & fits your description in #2 "wandering" I'll grab the arms & front swaybar holder & see how it does. It's not terrible & I was still able to TQ the last race of the season there. If I can add these parts & get a shim on the top of the LH bellcrank I think I should be running fairly well this season. As for the 05 kit..... My wallet says I'll have to wait on that a bit yet. Thanks for the Info AMG
Old 01-26-2006, 11:21 PM   #9739
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBagRacing
I experienced it at high speed running at the track HarkonnenD mentioned (Bridgeport). It was slight & fits your description in #2 "wandering" I'll grab the arms & front swaybar holder & see how it does. It's not terrible & I was still able to TQ the last race of the season there. If I can add these parts & get a shim on the top of the LH bellcrank I think I should be running fairly well this season. As for the 05 kit..... My wallet says I'll have to wait on that a bit yet. Thanks for the Info AMG
TQ, very very nice
Old 01-27-2006, 07:01 AM   #9740
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to bummy
Default just sum pics of me car :)

just sum pics of me car
Attached Thumbnails
HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-img_0616.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-img_0615.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-img_0617.jpg  
bummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:02 AM   #9741
Tech Addict

i think not a bad effort for just under a hr from start to finish
Old 01-27-2006, 09:56 AM   #9742
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD
Lightbulb

Welp going to Floyd bennet this sat. Sunday it's going to rain so bridgeport is out. We got a few people gearing up to go so lets roll!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #9743
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bummy
just sum pics of me car
Maybe next time you could make the pictures just a bit LARGER

jk
Old 01-27-2006, 10:04 AM   #9744
Tech Master

Have any of you found the 2005 hara chassis, tank and upper deck for sale seperatly? I'm thinking of just upgrading those 3 things.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #9745

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

It seems only hpi direct, Ive been wondering myself cause otherwise its full retail price from hpi.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:26 PM   #9746
Tech Addict

big is good i think.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:20 PM   #9747
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
Have any of you found the 2005 hara chassis, tank and upper deck for sale seperatly? I'm thinking of just upgrading those 3 things.
RC Champ the Japanese shop on this site has those items. If you wanted to "cheap out" you could probably use the top deck, servo mounts and tank without the new chassis plate. It should fit ok................
Old 01-28-2006, 03:53 AM   #9748
Tech Addict

well got me car our today for the classis car show demo here intown.
and it was really weird.
i couldnt get it to run all day. so i got the shits with it. put it away, left it for hours. thought ok i give it a go, so i started it and it ran sweet. for 1 tank and that was it. so my guess is that the fuel tank lid seal problem was intermintent.
so i made up a leather seal. from a old wallet and havent had a problem with it yet.

but yeah the car handled really well. actually out handled a mtx3 with same motor. and i dont even have first gear.
waiting on parts for it. so i locked it up in second. good to drive now. little bogy down low but hey. it a single speed. so i was impressed. hpi r40 single speed vs mugen mtx3 2 speed both with same motor. and roughly same driver skill and hpi shit all over it. thought you guys might like that )))
Old 01-28-2006, 06:40 AM   #9749
Tech Elite

Yeah man you gotta do your thing. I'm gonna do mine when I go to FBF today. Got VoneRRRs, 710s, and few Mugens to run after.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:00 AM   #9750
Tech Elite

Meh, I can honestly say I'm disliking the way I lost the steering servo mount as I got hit and also the dogbone snapping while doing a cartwheel at only 20mph-25mph. I've seen other cars hold up better. Also with the large hubs, tiny rocks got stuck in the wheel, carving into the rim and slowing down my ride. Since I can'tgo to order parts elsewhere and the LHS always beng stiffed I said may as well move on to another car. Atleast parts won't be an issue. Anyway, some fun from today. We had a nice TC run at the end and it was great. I can honestly now go against my theory of the stock Lw 2speed gear ratio being great, because I got pulled easily on the str8s. The 20/26 combo I had worked great and I ended up hanging with a lot of the guys on the back stretch. On the infield I had a lot of understeer and slowed down in the turns. Surely a oneway diff would help. Even when I get it I'm not sure if I'd stay with the car. Ehh..here's some shots n clips from what we did.

http://media.putfile.com/8th-practice-laps
http://media.putfile.com/8th-practice-laps2