R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-29-2005, 02:54 PM   #9436
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGRacer
Im a bit disapointed in the 2005 kit. There are no titanium screws, no stiff arms and the older shocks. I was hoping for these items to be included for the sort of coin they are asking for it in the US.
The 2005 kit isn’t available from HPI USA. The HARA edition(alloy shocks included)is the equivalent kit that we just recently released...in the US. If you’re buying an overseas kit in the US, it’s understandable that it might cost slightly more.

What current Nitro TC on the market includes Ti screws? You don’t even want to know what the retail would be on a kit that includes $100 worth of Ti screws…

Also, id would say that most R40 owners aren’t even running on a track surface that the chassis can benefit from stiffer suspension components. Graphite arms are merely a tuning option…much like springs or shock oil. Its better to start with the plastic composite parts first.

ogreasurada,
We already make a pro nitro sedan!
Old 12-29-2005, 03:28 PM   #9437
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad Garner
The 2005 kit isn’t available from HPI USA. The HARA edition(alloy shocks included)is the equivalent kit that we just recently released...in the US. If you’re buying an overseas kit in the US, it’s understandable that it might cost slightly more.

What current Nitro TC on the market includes Ti screws? You don’t even want to know what the retail would be on a kit that includes $100 worth of Ti screws…

Also, id would say that most R40 owners aren’t even running on a track surface that the chassis can benefit from stiffer suspension components. Graphite arms are merely a tuning option…much like springs or shock oil. Its better to start with the plastic composite parts first.

ogreasurada,
I live in Australia, so buying the US kit is not likely. We usually get the Japanese spec stuff down here. The 2004 spec kit did include titanium screws through it and I only paid USD $320 for the last one I bought so I was hoping that they would stay. The 2005 edition lacks the Ti screws and is $350, so needless to say I was disapointed

I have tested the standard arms and the hard arms, and I love the hard arms myself. I hate the mid corner understeer that you cant tune out.

I guess you are right that some people may not need that hard arms.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:41 PM   #9438
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
ogreasurada,
I never sad R40 was not a pro car, in fact it is a great car. What I meant was that if HPI were to improve the car, it should somehow let people feel that the company was serious, not just replacing some parts that even aftermarket company can think of. And to me the most "improvement" of the car is the price rather than obvious performance gained. And how is the car supposed be called "Hara" edition when, for example, the Hara one piece engine mount are not even present?
Moreover, I'm confused with HPI USA's marketing in America. My LHS who has dealt with HPI for many years never heard of the R40 2004, which in my opinion would have help make the car more popular and money worthy, instead, people in America have to buy all those expensive options, which totals cost much more than buying one of those cars with Champion title. Now please don't tell me that "R40 already has 2 ROAR titles", but the stock R40, which somehow able to carry the "champion" on the ads, is NOWHERE close to the one that really done the job. The difference is like when a Father win the race but the Son takes the trophy.
I know to many people I'm just an idiot saying bunch of nonsense, but I'm really upset that my most favourite RC company is not doing much productive to really improves a car with very good potential. I really love to get a R40 for racing and collection but I just can't accept myself to buy a kit with so many "hidden features".......

And to Thad Garner, if you work for HPI, I feel that simple sentance is not something I as a customer would expect from as a reply from the company.

Now to everyone on the thread, I here by NO means at all to disrespect anyone, I'm just trying my best to clear my point with my poor written English, but I'm ready to be flamed and I'm rather appreciated if anyone can correct my points.
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:30 PM   #9439

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Just to clarify a few things. Every single asian kit I have seen is cheaper by far than what they offer it here in the US.

We didnt get the 2004 edition kit. No big deal , just HPI USA missing out. Allthough it can be a hidden item to some , its out there.

As for 2005 kit / Hara kit. I agree its pretty bare bones....figuring in that the 2004 did have the TI kit. Why is the hara so exspensive. Maybe this time around they make it so people wont mind upgrading there old R40 to hara/2005 solid chassis spec?

As for Thad he is one of the main Racers of the R40 and for HPI so anytime he comes around is welcomed.

But yeah I think v2 shocks and TI kit should have been neccessity to make this product look new and the main key , beat out the old 2004 asian kit. Granted the v2 shocks only cost a few more dollars and HPI is here giving out there old shock which if anyone knew any better would not be purchasing due to the fact above. As well HPI USA needs to recognize a few missing HPI Option parts. CG ARMS , TI PillowBalls , LW RX Pack on the website.

All in all nothing to truly complain about. It just simply makes us not purchase the kit and for HPI to miss out on satisfying their users and making a reason to purchase.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:23 PM   #9440
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

I personally enjoy running my original R40. Surely I couldve bout a Mugen MTX3 prospec for the price of what I payed, but the R40 I enjoyed running from box stock and it surprised me even more with every little upgrade I added to it. I don't want to be like everyone else running a Mugen or Serpent, or Kyosho. Besides I see some of the MTX4 owners already purchasing new stuff on the net because some of the stock items may not suit their liking. Time to lay down the assault on the other cars at the track and represent HPI. My friend ran his NTC3 FT which many novice people bash with rather than race on some forums. It's highly doubted because of its "durability", but in the right hands it's a capable car. My R40 is good to go for 06 racing. Last thing is spektrum, xtra car parts, and it's on.

P.S. Only mugen I do have is the MRX4.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:32 PM   #9441
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HarKonnenD, thats a beautiful shinny piece your car has hehe, Hope to meet you soon at floyd.
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:09 PM   #9442
Tech Elite

Most definately! I won't change my R40...especially if I sell it now I won't get a lot for it . In that case I'd just race 8th onroad. Probably monday or so I'd take a visit to floyd.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:41 PM   #9443
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (98%+)

hhhhmmmm..... If you look closely you may see a familiar car with the TQ spot at the last Midwest Series held at the world famous Cincinnati, OH track.

Yes, that's right. I managed to take my box stock HPI R40 2004 edition and put it in the TQ spot ahead of many MTX-3, 710's, and Mongoose's. With a rough start I dropped back to 4th made my way to 2nd and ended up in 3rd. It was a hell of a race!

http://www.midwestseries.com/welcome.html

If you interested in the R40 Hara edition / 2004 edition you may wanna take a look here if you like saving a sh*tload of moolaa on a very PRO nitro car. Better than the USA Hara edition at HALF the price.

Your welcome!
http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=4298

Old 12-29-2005, 10:02 PM   #9444
Tech Elite

Hey I remember those pics of your R40! Really nice! I can't get my hands on the 04 version so I just stay with what I have. Checking out the engine thing though and may invest in a new pipe after spektrum.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:10 PM   #9445
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (98%+)

Any R40 racers planning on going to the Las Vegas 2006 Winter Wind-Up?
Old 12-29-2005, 11:48 PM   #9446
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreasurada
I never sad R40 was not a pro car, in fact it is a great car. What I meant was that if HPI were to improve the car, it should somehow let people feel that the company was serious, not just replacing some parts that even aftermarket company can think of. And to me the most "improvement" of the car is the price rather than obvious performance gained. And how is the car supposed be called "Hara" edition when, for example, the Hara one piece engine mount are not even present?
Moreover, I'm confused with HPI USA's marketing in America. My LHS who has dealt with HPI for many years never heard of the R40 2004, which in my opinion would have help make the car more popular and money worthy, instead, people in America have to buy all those expensive options, which totals cost much more than buying one of those cars with Champion title. Now please don't tell me that "R40 already has 2 ROAR titles", but the stock R40, which somehow able to carry the "champion" on the ads, is NOWHERE close to the one that really done the job. The difference is like when a Father win the race but the Son takes the trophy.
I know to many people I'm just an idiot saying bunch of nonsense, but I'm really upset that my most favourite RC company is not doing much productive to really improves a car with very good potential. I really love to get a R40 for racing and collection but I just can't accept myself to buy a kit with so many "hidden features".......

And to Thad Garner, if you work for HPI, I feel that simple sentance is not something I as a customer would expect from as a reply from the company.

Now to everyone on the thread, I here by NO means at all to disrespect anyone, I'm just trying my best to clear my point with my poor written English, but I'm ready to be flamed and I'm rather appreciated if anyone can correct my points.
I am sorry to disappoint...

I know better then to get mixed up in some dramatic forum war. If you don’t feel that HPI is doing enough to support and develop the R40…You are entitled to your opinion. I would be more than happy to answer any questions on chassis set-up. I will no longer be making any comments or answering any questions regarding kit costs, supply chain issues, opinions…and so on… i learned my lesson
Old 12-30-2005, 12:42 AM   #9447
Tech Elite

Quote:
I am sorry to disappoint...

I know better then to get mixed up in some dramatic forum war. If you don’t feel that HPI is doing enough to support and develop the R40…You are entitled to your opinion. I would be more than happy to answer any questions on chassis set-up. I will no longer be making any comments or answering any questions regarding kit costs, supply chain issues, opinions…and so on… i learned my lesson
Hahahahaha wise move I think You can never win these things, look at me I want my titanium screws dammit

But seriously I do appreciate your input onto this thread, its interesting to get the info straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

I have my 2005 edition on the way, and I picked it up for $320 so I am happy I will just transfer my screws from my 2004 kit

BTW I love my R40 just in case anybody got the wrong idea. I love being the only guy at the track with one and people saying "whoa thats fast for a HPI".
Old 12-30-2005, 12:44 AM   #9448
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by evostyle
hhhhmmmm..... If you look closely you may see a familiar car with the TQ spot at the last Midwest Series held at the world famous Cincinnati, OH track.

Yes, that's right. I managed to take my box stock HPI R40 2004 edition and put it in the TQ spot ahead of many MTX-3, 710's, and Mongoose's. With a rough start I dropped back to 4th made my way to 2nd and ended up in 3rd. It was a hell of a race!
Nice race result, well done!! Whats with the blue collar on your brake rod?!
Old 12-30-2005, 12:59 AM   #9449
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to ProE Send a message via Skype™ to ProE
Default New Member

I'm new to RC racing and just ordered my first racing car from RCmart. I did some research on different cars and decided to buy R40 2005 edition kit.

I need some assistance on the other parts that I need to purchase as well to get me up and running.

I thinking of buying the Futaba 2PL radio/receiver and s3010 servos. The Futaba NR5F Receiver NiCd Flat 6V 600mAh.

For the engine im thinking of going the O.S. .12 TZ (P)-T 3-Port Turbo way.

I need to knpw what elso to buy. ex. what clutch, pipe. etc..
ProE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:20 AM   #9450
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to bummy

i would go for the lightweight 2 spped assembly and chassis. and for the battery get a bigger mah rating around 15 is good. i find, dont need to charge as often cheers.
bummy is offline   Reply With Quote