R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-28-2005, 12:50 PM   #8896
Tech Master

For tire shore, I found early on that having the same shore tire front and rear seemed to work really well. I just keep it that way and don't experiment and it handles great for me.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 04:03 PM   #8897
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run 35 GQ all around. Race in parking lot and I have good traction.
ChrisR40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 01:20 PM   #8898
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to Dstan
Default For Sale

Ebay # 6002012821...If interested make me an offer. I need to sell this.
Dstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:42 PM   #8899
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLANDERMAN
Nice pics HARK!! Although I noticed that the car you run know is saft driven... Isn't it a bit heavier then??? Well I guess not, you probably already put both of them on the scale lol...

RC_greg- I use the JACO nitro shoes for parking lot bashing and for the rears I use 45 shore and the front 42 shore, they are awesome in traction and last a lot!!! GOOD CHOICE...
Well yes it will be a few grams heavier, but everything is inline and the drivetrain is very smooth. The car has a ton of punch and it just launches. The R40 is pretty smooth also, but the added punch and less weight of the CD3 overall makes its a faster ride. Still I'll be going to run the 8th onroad and may run both cars Oct 9th at bridgeport's onroad track. They got some nice race event going on.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:16 AM   #8900

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Hara / Competition Aluminum Threaded Shocks now available from HPI USA.

They sure look nice.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 11:16 AM   #8901

Also to let everyone know, my clutch bell isnt warped. It was just somehow spinning like it was when I was taking it apart. I checked it numerous times that day and it was wobbling , then when putting it together today. Perfectly fine.

Ill be practicing in a few hours, cant wait. Ill be running the omega xt motor, it for some reason has some odd clinking when I put it back together, I dont remember it having this before. Hope its not messed up , cause it did run well last time. Im also bringing some other sort of spare engine and my racer2 as a spare car.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:56 PM   #8902
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to bummy

when i brought my kit it actually came with them all alooy threaded shocks different colour springs , but yeah. excatly the same.
cheers.
got me first race today with me r4o see how it goes hey. still cant get it into second. luckly it a short track.

also what do you guys do about the braking situation with the one way in the front.
cheers.
bummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 03:59 PM   #8903

I dont think any r40 kit comes with these yet. You probably have what I have the older just plain aluminum threaded shocks. Those above are the competition aluminum threaded shocks.

Also yeah for the one-way you dont brake really. Just set the brake to where it might slow you down some, but doesnt make the car 360 or get overly unsettled.

Just let off early and coast in at high speed...youll get used to it , also try using power to get you through some of the turns...real light power. I also use a bit of throttle blipping.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:19 PM   #8904
Tech Adept

Artificial i only see one shock piston, are there any choices in hole sizes available.
BatJam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:45 PM   #8905

It should come with a complete set.

As for me tonight. I ran the car. Ive got some weird clutch engagement and or motor problems.

Its an up and down rev or engagement.....with steady throttle sounds kind of silly,,rraarrraaarrrraaaarrraarr. Also I have little to no gap and the clutch adjustment nut all the way backed out and still dont really get a good grab at low rpm. It goes ok , but still takes too much rev to get going imo and it still seems to be just slipping.

I might not even race tommorrow cause I know it entails taking apart the motor and wasting money on possible new fuel (maybe my fuel is going bad , 3+ months old and glow-plugs). Sad too this motor ran great the first time I ran it.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 10-02-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:48 PM   #8906
Tech Initiate

Arrow

I dont own a R40 yet but im realy thinking about getting one,.....i used to have an RS4 RTR3 but i sold....so i was thinking about getting an R40...So whats a good engine to get for it???.....is it 4 wheel drive??? and is it good for like neighborhhod driving/paved tracks??? and one last question do those foam tires hook up pretty god on asphalt?? or will i have to switch to rubber???
scpres1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 12:29 AM   #8907
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes its awd and imo i dont think it should be bashed on any old street. For that you should have kept the rs4.
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 07:29 AM   #8908
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
It should come with a complete set.

As for me tonight. I ran the car. Ive got some weird clutch engagement and or motor problems.

Its an up and down rev or engagement.....with steady throttle sounds kind of silly,,rraarrraaarrrraaaarrraarr. Also I have little to no gap and the clutch adjustment nut all the way backed out and still dont really get a good grab at low rpm. It goes ok , but still takes too much rev to get going imo and im still seems to be just slipping.

I might not even race tommorrow cause I know it entails taking apart the motor and wasting money on possible new fuel (maybe my fuel is going bad , 3+ months old and glow-plugs). Sad too this motor ran great the first time I ran it.

i have had that sound before that you are describing. its like when you are going along it makes a sound like an unbalanced fan - but its a very low tone.

i never figured out why it was making the sound. but it stopped after i dissambled the clutch for cleaning and tried it again. it did not seem like anything was damaged except maybe i think the spring was broke.
nitrothugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 12:00 PM   #8909
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Ahh the classic "PPRRRAHHHHRRRAHHHHRAARRHHHRAAARRRHHHRAHHH" noise. The adjuster nut may be to tight preventing the clutch to engage properly. Loosen the adjuster nut and do use Blue threadlock on it as well as some on the clutch nut. Leave about 2-3 threads showing. For break in you'd want the adjuster nut loose. The stiffer the spring the less amount of adjustments is needed to make.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:45 PM   #8910

Well I didnt even run the car. It was raining a lot on and off and just didnt want to wait around to find out that my car sucks.

I did recieve my plaque from the sizzler series. Got 4th overall, could have done much better if I had a motor that ran well or clutch that engages properly. I think out of the 4 series. I swapped motors 3 times.

Also got a few cool prizes. Thought that was pretty nice. The plauqe looks sweet, would have been a lot better if it said 1st though.

-- In light of the bad driving car. I finally made my 350z body. I went with a stock look. Mettalic Black, exactly the color of my car with the gold fleck. Looks amazing in th sun. Ill have pictures soon.