R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-11-2005, 06:31 PM   #8461
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

anybody interested in a good used r40 tons of titanium and other hop ups.
hpi .12 1.35 hp engine runs great has novak syn reciever. needs strg servo.
comes with starter box and lots of spare parts. 350 plus shipping.
reddishdsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:57 PM   #8462
Tech Addict

Default moving the reciever

how many have you guys moved the reciever to the side of the throttle servo like Hara has? Just wondering what benifits this mod has, i run spektrum so i dont need to change the xtal, is this mod for this reason?
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:26 PM   #8463

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Just got done building up the weight list. So far I have accounted for 128grams of weight loss compared to a regular r40 with regular digital servos.

This isnt including the front 2speed shaft. Which I need to know the stock and aftermarket for as well as the difference between the titanium and stock screw kit. Also forgot to weigh the cf arms...but I will order another set soon. Also havent weighed the engine mounts. I have 4 different ones for the r40. So ill be sure to weigh all those.

Also didnt get the weights of the stock cf deck versus the lightweight.

I think thats about it so far for the list. If anyone knows where that old one is or knows the stats of any of these. Please let me know.

Also made the list pretty easy to read and informational so we know what is what. Alright take care.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 08-12-2005 at 06:59 AM.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:28 PM   #8464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett.w
how many have you guys moved the reciever to the side of the throttle servo like Hara has? Just wondering what benifits this mod has, i run spektrum so i dont need to change the xtal, is this mod for this reason?
I know weight savings (as you dont need the rx box). He also used a piece of cf and stiffened up the upper deck and I think it helps weight distribution. The hara edition I believe has this mod built in or able to use.

I also think hara likes to cut wires short so he also probably trimmed some servo wires...but then again he might not have but you can do this.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:05 AM   #8465

Does anyone know where to get a full mugen mtx centax/clutch setup? I heard there is a full packaged setup that you can buy. Instead of piece by piece.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:33 AM   #8466

Also finally ordered my setup station and board. Im also going to post pictures of the 2004 in a second.

EDIT: Also just got in the mail today my mugen seiki power pack 730. As soon as I picked it up. I said to myself, uh ohh. It ended up weighing 77grams. Its 730mah. It seems a bit larger than the speedmind pack. But its still a small 5AAA hump pack. Just seems a bit thicker or longer or something.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 08-13-2005 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:34 PM   #8467

Here we go.

Old 08-13-2005, 09:23 PM   #8468
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Hey I have that battery pack. Guess my R40 is gonna stay the way it is till next year. Meantime still saving and trying to find a real car.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:12 AM   #8469
Tech Regular

yeah, me to. think thats the reason why my car weighs so much.
hey ai whats the idea behind those extra long fuel lines? especially the exhaust one.
Hesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:00 AM   #8470

Which battery pack do you have? Also I was right, the mugen pack is longer and a bit thicker. Its a good pack to have Id say. Its lightweight somewhat and seems to have a lot of storage. I had 900mah into that thing and it hadnt even peaked yet but got to like 130F so I shut it off.

Also the reason for longer fuel lines is the air entering the gas tank isnt as violent so there is less bubbling. Then for the longer line for the gas line its to get longer run times for racing.

I used to have it short, 1 line cut in half. But this time I used 2 sets of proceed line. Just so I can play around with it, see if the car ran better. I couldnt tell, but the runtime is longer.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 08-14-2005 at 06:47 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:21 AM   #8471
Tech Initiate

My R40 is up for sale on Ebay, here is a link to it if anyone is interested......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT
R40LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:08 AM   #8472
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Which battery pack do you have? Also I was right, the mugen pack is longer and a bit thicker. Its a good pack to have Id say. Its lightweight somewhat and seems to have a lot of storage. I had 900mah into that thing and it hadnt even peaked yet but got to like 130F so I shut it off.

Also the reason for longer fuel lines is the air entering the gas tank isnt as violent so there is less bubbling. Then for the longer line for the gas line its to get longer run times for racing.

I used to have it short, 1 line cut in half. But this time I used 2 sets of proceed line. Just so I can play around with it, see if the car ran better. I couldnt tell, but the runtime is longer.
Hum, I could do with a little extra run time, mine tends to run out on the in lap, a bit close for comfort IMO.
I have that venom pack.
If you can change the delta peak voltage on the charger that will help, you want to set it to around 0.08 volts for nimh cells and of course you only have 5 cells to charge so thats even less overall fallback voltage when say compared to a normal race 6 pack. sounds like your charger is overcharging the batteries, if its an old nicd peak charger it is probably peaking at 0.16volts, hence why its pushing so much charge into your rx packs.

cheers
Old 08-14-2005, 10:07 AM   #8473

Iam using the duratrax ice. I was wondering, what makes the battery want to shut down quicker, a higher or lower mv. I think it was set to .07mv.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:40 PM   #8474
Tech Regular

by shut down you mean when the charger decided the batteries are done?
setting a lower delta peak voltage would force less charge into the battery pack decreasing its peak temperature.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:56 PM   #8475
Tech Regular

my local track has decided to only run rubber slick tyres now, somethin about reducing tyre costs for members, I dunno But I fancy givin a few sticky rubber sets a blast, what rubber slicks should I be checking out, track has a really smooth tarmaced surface. what rubbers do you guys recon will give me the best possible grip levels for this surface?

cheers