Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Darkseid
Thats odd that they already have that listed. They don't have very many hop ups listed for the car. They are well stocked on parts for it though.
If I had a chance, I would get the ones from Kawahara, but I have no idea on where to buy them from. Does anyone know?
Old 11-12-2003, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by C0NTENDER
If I had a chance, I would get the ones from Kawahara, but I have no idea on where to buy them from. Does anyone know?
control centre carries kawahara, but just make sure they dont overcharge you on S&H.

speedtech also carries kawahara. i've ordered from steve before, real nice guy so definitely support his shop!

just FYI, the finish on the kawahara woven graphite is more of a matte finish compared to the shiny stuff HPI has.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Tech Initiate

A.W. If fingernail pressure is a test, I would say the Delta disc is a bit harder. Which kinda makes sense. I don't know what it's made of, but I was told it is expensive material.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:28 PM
Que
Tech Adept

Default Option parts

I was wondering wether or not the floating rear body mount is going to be availble anytime soon?
Old 11-12-2003, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Brent
A.W. If fingernail pressure is a test, I would say the Delta disc is a bit harder. Which kinda makes sense. I don't know what it's made of, but I was told it is expensive material.
That's make sense, since most of 1/8th Off road cars now use Aluminum Clutch Shoe.

Andreas. W
Old 11-12-2003, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by snoopy
Supplied Composite shocks????
I know thats what they show in the website. But the R40's we have had come with front oneway and threaded alloy shocks.
does the R40 really come with the front oneway and threaded alloy shocks??

it would be great if it did (and save me a lot of cash to spend on other options).
Old 11-12-2003, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

originally posted by icon

There are 2 different models. One has the one way and threaded shocks and the other doesn't
Old 11-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by icon

it would be great if it did (and save me a lot of cash to spend on other options).
The version with front one-way and threaded aluminum shocks is only sold in Japan. You may be able to get it online from a Hong Kong dealer though.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That would explain it.

I got mine from Hong Kong
Old 11-13-2003, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Bad ball-cup.

Originally posted by Pembalap
Anybody notice that the R40 really have a bad ball-cup? The ball-cup, on my rear upper link already shows sign of wear after running the car for about 10 tanks. I believe the material is too soft for the ball cup.

A.W
I think(and I hope) HPI is working on that....I think all the ball cups need to be re done.... all Mine showed play when new..... and the rear links are way too soft...
Old 11-13-2003, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by icon
control centre carries kawahara, but just make sure they dont overcharge you on S&H.

speedtech also carries kawahara. i've ordered from steve before, real nice guy so definitely support his shop!
Yeah I know, but neither have the r40 option parts. I haven't seen any state side sites that carry them. oh well, it looks like I may just have to order them from HK. I just like the position of the front shock mount.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

I have not checked any prices of R40 in HK...but after the shipping costs and the extra cost of the kit itself, it may only be like 10 or 20 bucks more to get everything from the LHS, and you will not have to wait...
Old 11-13-2003, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Frank McKinney
The version with front one-way and threaded aluminum shocks is only sold in Japan. You may be able to get it online from a Hong Kong dealer though.
why do we always get the strip down version of the car .
Old 11-13-2003, 09:13 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't think I'll mind. Seems like its best to sell a car with dual diffs. That setup simply fits more tracks.

HPI should however at least offer the kit with the one-way and aluminim shocks here in the states. That way if people want those thing with the kit, they can get them.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Does anybody know the spring rates for the hpi springs. I need the white ones and the orange/red ones. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.