R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-03-2005, 08:22 AM   #7141
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Most likely that's quite a bit of weight there. I never thought of tossing anything more on the R40, but I guess it would benefit from the engine mounts and LW chassis. I ordered two sets of LW spur gears for my R40. The 8th will be kept aside till I learn how to drive it more and then it will be running at the track. For now the R40 is what I'm very used to. The floating rear mount trick is scrap as I'd need an actual working one that fits the car properly. They work great with even TC bodies. Right now just gonna get those two upgrades and then slowly build up on spare parts for each car as right now I'm still trying to get a real car. It's quite hard at the moment trying to find a good deal.
Good luck on the real car, it must be a pain not to have a car!!! When I was in college in Atalnta, the first couple of months I didn't have a car and it sucked!!! I had to borrow my roommates truck to go to freaking wallmart all the time, so I know how you must feel. Anyway I feel that the reason my car seems to be heavy still is because of the WASP header and tuned pipe, they look so massive I think there like a 15 to 20 gram difference with other pipes... Gonna do some testing and if anone knows how much their pipe and header weighs... let me know to compare ok.
KLANDERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:23 AM   #7142
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I got my bearings yesterday and my rack is slop free now.

The only slop remaining are from the ball ends. Now this is a pro car.
WeatherB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:23 AM   #7143
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD
Thumbs up

Anyone know where to find a good receiver cover for the RX? I'm gonna take out that RX box, but will need to use some good double sided tape to keep the batt from sliding out and into the side belt. Aside from that the LW chassis and engine mounts will come. I'm use to driving the car with the diffs so the oneway and solid rear has been cancelled for the moment.

Klander- Have you got any upgrades lately? I may try your design, but for now I'm running the car the way I have it since it run's great anyway.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:27 AM   #7144
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

Ahhh snap thats what I need to get. Another one-way. I love the turn in of using the one way.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:27 AM   #7145
Tech Elite

BTW, I never really thought about the car's weight at the moment, but I said hell all this removal of 10grams + will seem to reduce some weight. AH HAH! Here is a nice site guys for weight conversions!

http://www.curezone.com/conversions.asp Definately help in the weight loss plan for the R40. LOL
Old 06-03-2005, 08:28 AM   #7146
Tech Fanatic

HARK- yes, i got the lw upper deck, I drew around it and posted it so anyone can trace it and have it too. I got the titanium screws, got rid of the Rx box and the battery box and now my Rx sit inside a balloon and need to be tied on top of the steering servo. I'l post pictures later, just need to buy some tie raps.. Now the car weighs 1720 with out gas or body.... The lola weighs 98 grams, so do the math and that's the weight of my car. I'm going to work on a home made RX pack, mine glued to the cover weighs 130 grams.... I've seen post of people with 63 gram packs, so that's what i'll be wornking on the weekend.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:31 AM   #7147
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsxshogun
Ahhh snap thats what I need to get. Another one-way. I love the turn in of using the one way.
I only like em for the track. They do work if you got the wide rear tires and a nice setup. Makes em pull hard in the turns since they both will spin at the same rate while under acceleration. On my 8th it's cool to drive, but really need the body otherwise it handles like crap. My R40 I can drive without the body and it's glued to the ground.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:32 AM   #7148
Tech Fanatic

BTW HARK- If you take the front gear diff which weighs something like 50-60 grams and replace it with the front one way which weighs like 30 grams, that's a nice conversion, and mine is the 3racing aluminum front one way, so I wonder how much does the resin type might weigh??? around 22 grams or so... I'll look for it to see if I order it... that could be8 less grams lol... massive diet for the R-40 lol....
Old 06-03-2005, 08:33 AM   #7149
Tech Elite

Klander-How big is your RX and what brand is it? Mine is the Futaba 3pdfx rx. I was gonna go with the JR XS3, but some people have had doubts and claims to like the M8 better. I want the JR since I don't need xystals.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:36 AM   #7150
Tech Elite

Wow. Lookin good man. I'll have to make an order for some of them things then since HPI's stuff is rediculously expensive!
Old 06-03-2005, 08:37 AM   #7151
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Klander-How big is your RX and what brand is it? Mine is the Futaba 3pdfx rx. I was gonna go with the JR XS3, but some people have had doubts and claims to like the M8 better. I want the JR since I don't need xystals.
It's a kopropo mars, it is really small, but I took 10 grams off by taking it out of his box lol... now its wrapped in a balloon and I still need to see where it is going to go. For now it sits ontop of the steering servo which is cool because al the wirng is together and if I clea it up as I take it apart all the electric stuff stays on one side, so it's cleaner all the time. At lunch I;ll try to get my camera and post pictures of it ok
Old 06-03-2005, 08:43 AM   #7152
Tech Fanatic

What really kicks butt is the titanium screws... alltogether the weigh 34 grams, but the steel screws all together were weighing like 54-60 grams, so that's worth it, The LW upper deck was 16 grams compared to the 20-22 grams that the stock was. Check this out this is the tracer, so that you can lighten yours...

Attached Thumbnails
HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-lw-upper-deck.jpg  
Old 06-03-2005, 08:47 AM   #7153
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Well HARK I was going to buy the newest kopropo radio, but felt like another $270 bucks was too much, so what I did was to order the spectrum system in which it has a 3 channel Rx with a box module that fits behind my Tx and works like a charm, you dont use crystals so there no one to get crossed with Frequencies... They have it at many stores now, so maybe you should see it at...

http://www.spektrumrc.com/
Old 06-03-2005, 12:14 PM   #7154
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLANDERMAN
HARK- yes, i got the lw upper deck, I drew around it and posted it so anyone can trace it and have it too. I got the titanium screws, got rid of the Rx box and the battery box and now my Rx sit inside a balloon and need to be tied on top of the steering servo. I'l post pictures later, just need to buy some tie raps.. Now the car weighs 1720 with out gas or body.... The lola weighs 98 grams, so do the math and that's the weight of my car. I'm going to work on a home made RX pack, mine glued to the cover weighs 130 grams.... I've seen post of people with 63 gram packs, so that's what i'll be wornking on the weekend.
here's the battery pack to run...so buy it and be done....weighs 65 grams...
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCKM2&P=7

fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 12:19 PM   #7155
Tech Fanatic

Thanx Harry!!! I'll probably order it until monday, just in case I need to order somthing that breaks during the wekend.