Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum >

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Old 05-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAG Racing
AMG - Please explain this..
The rubber inserts into the front shock tower have two types, centred holes and offset holes. If you build the car with the stock settings the top hingepins are angled downwards from the rear to the front at around 2 degrees, this gives an effect called reactive caster, as the suspension compresses the R40 actually loses some of its caster. I am running on a very fast and open track and I wanted to know if some people had changed this to neutral or reactive caster increase with any good effects?
Old 05-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
Wow thats heavy. My car weighs about that with the body on and new foams.............. You dont have the 2004 right?
I dont think so, I bought mine from towers in january, but have bee spendig money on the LW parts, so far I still need the titanium screws and the LW upeer deck which are on the way, but I still want to get the fiber brake disk, the lower suspension mounts and so on... YOu probably have no battery case, LW battery pack, no receiver box etc etc etc, but I don't know where to get the titanium shocks, pivot balls and I don't know what else??? let me know how to make it lighter...
BTW here in Guatemala mine is the lightest one, and so far I have bee kicking butt, but I want it lighter just in case I go to Houston to do some racing... lol
Old 05-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KLANDERMAN
I dont think so, I bought mine from towers in january, but have bee spendig money on the LW parts, so far I still need the titanium screws and the LW upeer deck which are on the way, but I still want to get the fiber brake disk, the lower suspension mounts and so on... YOu probably have no battery case, LW battery pack, no receiver box etc etc etc, but I don't know where to get the titanium shocks, pivot balls and I don't know what else??? let me know how to make it lighter...
BTW here in Guatemala mine is the lightest one, and so far I have bee kicking butt, but I want it lighter just in case I go to Houston to do some racing... lol
Yeah the 2004 is pretty light stock. I am running it fairly stock with not many additional lightweight parts (battery mainly) and it is way lighter.

I would avoid getting the fibre brake disk myself they are pretty bad once they get some fuel on them.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Initiate

is there any online (uk based) site which stocks a good range of R40 spares, ive been looking around all evening without much sucsess.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Old 05-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

AMG there is a big race happening in Costa Rica on july... People from all over the world are going to be there. I will be going there too, but I need to have my car as light as possible and practice a lot with it to try an win some races. Last week I raced at El salvador, but ended up 3rd. because they had some really good drivers and I had never raced at the track. The next race is not this weekend, but the next. I want to be prepared because they got me because I keep on taking the throttle off in parts of the circuit in which i thought I wasn' going to cut it, but now I know lol... Let me know what else I can do to kick butt.

Thanks
Klanderman
Old 05-25-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pinkpanther
is there any online (uk based) site which stocks a good range of R40 spares, ive been looking around all evening without much sucsess.

Thanks in advance

Chris
This is the UK distributor:

MIRAGE RC ENTERPRISES
Units 1-3
Queens Drive Industrial Estate
Swadlincote
Derbyshire
De11 0eg
England

Tel: 044 01283 226570
Fax: 044 01283 229401
Email:
[email protected]
Web: www.mirageracing.com

Give them a bell and they will probably help you.

Also try this link: http://www.mirageracing.com/shops.php
Old 05-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah, i found that site through the HPI wecsite tho im really looking for an online shop that i can order from.

Chris
Old 05-25-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KLANDERMAN
AMG there is a big race happening in Costa Rica on july... People from all over the world are going to be there. I will be going there too, but I need to have my car as light as possible and practice a lot with it to try an win some races. Last week I raced at El salvador, but ended up 3rd. because they had some really good drivers and I had never raced at the track. The next race is not this weekend, but the next. I want to be prepared because they got me because I keep on taking the throttle off in parts of the circuit in which i thought I wasn' going to cut it, but know I know lol... Let me know what else I can do to kick butt.

Thanks
Klanderman
Sounds like you are doing very well already. I would not add too many hopups in the near future myself, every time you change something you affect the overall balance of the car. For example the LW top deck has a bit more flex than the stock top deck, hence you will find the car will twist a bit more changing the balance.

Everytime I go to a new track I put my baseline setting into my car (pretty much the Hara 2004 ROAR Nats settings) and begin with tire testing. After you have gotten some grippy tires you need to then determine how big to run them and determine tire wear over 5-10 minutes heats and the effect on your ride height. Then unless the car is really unbalanced I try to lower the ride height as much as I can until it gets too low. Then test the bodies, I usually use the EAST 350GT, Mazda 6 or Alfa 2.1. The above things are often overlooked but really are the most critical settings on a touring car. All other settings from there really should be for fine tuning unless your track is very slippery or very grippy or some other unusual circumstance.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pinkpanther
yeah, i found that site through the HPI wecsite tho im really looking for an online shop that i can order from.

Chris
*sigh* Ok let me do the search for you, whereabouts in the UK do you live?
Old 05-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
Sounds like you are doing very well already. I would not add too many hopups in the near future myself, every time you change something you affect the overall balance of the car. For example the LW top deck has a bit more flex than the stock top deck, hence you will find the car will twist a bit more changing the balance.

Everytime I go to a new track I put my baseline setting into my car (pretty much the Hara 2004 ROAR Nats settings) and begin with tire testing. After you have gotten some grippy tires you need to then determine how big to run them and determine tire wear over 5-10 minutes heats and the effect on your ride height. Then unless the car is really unbalanced I try to lower the ride height as much as I can until it gets too low. Then test the bodies, I usually use the EAST 350GT, Mazda 6 or Alfa 2.1. The above things are often overlooked but really are the most critical settings on a touring car. All other settings from there really should be for fine tuning unless your track is very slippery or very grippy or some other unusual circumstance.
OK thanks!! Usually after I get done racing, I take the car apart (the engine, the tires, the 2 speed tranny and clean it up real good.) Icheck the carburator to see if dirt went in to then clean the engine, but so far I have taken the engine apart once... after that I check the ride height and the camber and balance of the car because mostly I hit or get hit by other cars. the sheet I use to set the car again is the one you sent me fron Hara's ride. I use the HPI nissan 350z or the stratus aero II body.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

All the ones with WWW next to them have webshops and these all can order the full range of HPI parts.

Model Active

The Old Chapel, Durham Road, Chester Moor, Chester-le-Street, Co Durham, DH2 3RJ

Ph: 01913874338 Fx: 01913888354
Web: www.modelactive.co.uk
Email: [email protected]
Apex Models

182, Dukes Ride, Crowthorne, Berkshire, RG45 6DS

Ph: 01344777918 Fx: 01344750350
Web: www.apexmodels.com
Frome Model Centre

2 Catherine Street, Frome, Somerset, BA11 1DA

Ph: 01373465295 Fx: 01373465295
Web: www.frome-model-centre.com
The Gadget Experience

T/A Fastlane, 8 High Street, Swansea, SA1 1LE

Ph: 08456442198 Fx: 01792474665
Models In Motion

21 The Hyde, Shephall, Stevenage, Herts, SG2 9SD

Ph: 01438740404 Fx: 01438749020
Web: www.modelsinmotion.co.uk
The Racing Drome

30 Alston Drive, Bradwell Abbey, Milton Keynes, MK13 9HA

Ph: 01908579797 Fx: 01908319426
Modelsport UK

2 Cross Green, Otley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS21 1HD

Ph: 01943466535 Fx: 01943850810
Web: www.modelsport.co.uk
Tay Racers

Balbeggie Services, Main Street, Balbeggie, Perthshire SCOTLAND, PH2 6EZ

Ph: 01821640789 Fx: 01821640888
DMS Racing

418 St Albans Road, Watford, Herts, WD24 6PJ

Ph: 01923816636 Fx: 01923816636
Old 05-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Cheers, i did a search through mirage for 'leciester' and got nothing of any use.
Out of the ones listed below Apex is the only one that stocks the full range on spares, but one site is enough!

Thanks for the help

Chris
Old 05-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just checked out hpiracing.com website. The new S2000 body came out for 200mm finally. Its the new ap2 version body with hardtop.

http://hpiracing.com/bodies/bodyfocu...er&value=17506

I wonder how it handles. Guess we will find out. I want to get that one badly.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Look so beautiful.....especially the wheels
Old 05-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yea. Im thinking on making an RS-R S2000.

Heres a video of it:
http://www.rs-r.co.jp/2005motor/fd1/fd_1.htm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.