R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-16-2005, 09:13 PM   #6766
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Midak

The lola is for a car that has rear body posts that cause the compression to be on the wheel hubs, not on the shocks.
Midak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:53 PM   #6767
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

[/B][/QUOTE]

I think mine is WAY cooler..

guess what..I got motivated tonite....painted a stratus body....got my stuff together....and I'm going racing tommorow..firts time since the HPi world finals.....guess i'll see if playing gran turismo has helped me keep off the rust..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:05 PM   #6768
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG Racing
Huh?? The benefit of the Lola vs a normal sedan body is simply the increase in downforce due to the aerodynamic affects. More downforce means better tire contact to the ground which can equal to better traction. Lolas are known for providing great steering response - what are you expecting out of the Lola? . I don't understand your point when you say"...when the shocks compress, it pulls the body down..". I think you have it backwards; as the body is forced down by wind resistance this force is what is compressing the springs. Keep in mind that this is only at "high" speeds. Why do you say it is bad if your springs are being compressed slightly? By the way, do you know how much the springs are compressing as you are going at full speed?

I have never heard of anyone complaining about the handling of a Lola body. Matter of fact, try to run a Lola body in Sedan class and see how many people complain that you have a unfair advantage.

My .02

P.S. -- Nice Paint Job
Sry, I was reading something on how it works from an RCCA magazine and I may have gotten it mixed up as to how the Lola mounts work. Sry bout that. It's just that with my newest setup I've been running with my HPI Nissan Skyline the car handles very well at top speed as well. Wonder if it's just me. Meh, NVM.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:06 PM   #6769
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
I think mine is WAY cooler..

[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah yeah yeah,
Old 05-16-2005, 10:11 PM   #6770
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to JAG Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by HarKonnenD
Sry, I was reading something on how it works from an RCCA magazine and I may have gotten it mixed up as to how the Lola mounts work. Sry bout that. It's just that with my newest setup I've been running with my HPI Nissan Skyline the car handles very well at top speed as well. Wonder if it's just me. Meh, NVM.

I think I understand that you prefer the downforce to be applied to the wheel hubs and not the shock towers ( which compress the shock springs ). Ideally, you have a valid point for discussion but the Lola body (even with this non-ideal mount) provides great downforce which is a good thing!! Keep in mind that the front has the same "problem" of compressing the springs

Bottom line - I can run faster lap times with my Lola than my sedan body....
JAG Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:07 AM   #6771
Tech Elite

Ok kewl. Sounds good. Gonna keep the lola on then for the high speed runs. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow weather permitting and see if I can get another video going.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:44 AM   #6772

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Im running 35 rear and 40 front. Seems to be a good combo. This is on a high grip track.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:44 AM   #6773
Tech Fanatic

The lola body is awesome! I was passing cars left and right!! Everyone kept on asking what brand my car was... lol... I love it!
I felt the car being faster and the steering response was so good I had to go down on the Tx to about 92%.
here is a pic of the lola
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lola2.jpg (163.8 KB, 77 views)
KLANDERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:47 AM   #6774
Tech Fanatic

HARK- How are those red springs working on your car? are they softer or harder? let me know aight...
Old 05-17-2005, 09:20 AM   #6775
Tech Elite

Klander-They are longer springs. These are from the NEO TNT. The rear red springs are a bit longer than the front and when compressed feel a bit stiffer-not by much though. However installing them directly into the stock settings, the rear is now more stiffer than the front. I'm still getting use to the horizontally mounted droop screws on the front. I prefer the standard position better, however I'd had all good setups with this car. I'll give it a try today when I can and run the lola body.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:29 AM   #6776
Tech Fanatic

HARK- nice!!! did you get the lola clip I sent you?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:36 AM   #6777
Tech Elite

Yep, sure did . Looks a bit faster than before too! Weird thing is with my setup I can't get the car to spin out no matter what I do. However it doesn't have any understeer either. Just point the car where you want to go and it goes. The only thing is the rear tires just wear down SO much faster than the fronts. It's like the front has little or no wear at all! So definately I'd give up that setup for something else. Now with all the red springs I'll tinker around with it and try it out.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:48 AM   #6778
Tech Fanatic

Well mine has being doing some funny stuff, on ocassions when I turn right after the straight, just before I give it full throttle the car tends to spin a bit and I have to slow down... I had this porblem before and I took the rear swaybar and it got better, but know I don't know why it's doing this. I use the Gold shocks on the rear and stock in the front the camber is at neg. 2 degrees and the toe-in at 2.5 neg degrees, the ride height is at 6mm rear/ 5mm front. any advice???
Old 05-17-2005, 11:08 AM   #6779
Tech Initiate

Default Hara setup

I just noticed something on the following steup sheet,

http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/se...sr40_setup.jpg

A Hara inversed the front lower suspension mount, anyone tried this? Wouldn't this highten the roll center and CG of the car?
Benzoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:37 AM   #6780
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to JAG Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by KLANDERMAN
Well mine has being doing some funny stuff, on ocassions when I turn right after the straight, just before I give it full throttle the car tends to spin a bit and I have to slow down... I had this porblem before and I took the rear swaybar and it got better, but know I don't know why it's doing this. I use the Gold shocks on the rear and stock in the front the camber is at neg. 2 degrees and the toe-in at 2.5 neg degrees, the ride height is at 6mm rear/ 5mm front. any advice???
Have you tried to increasing the amount of roll in the rear. Try experimenting with both the ride height (6mm both Fr & Re)and your rear "up-travel" stops. My thought is maybe your rear suspension is bottoming out as the rear is leaning thus causing the skid. The fact that it improved by removing the sway bar kinda points to this in my mind anyway.

With you car sitting normal, lift up on the rear of the chassis ( using a tip of a screw driver) and see how much travel ( in mm.) it goes before the rear tires lift off the ground . Make sure both rear tires lift off at the same time too!

Last edited by JAG Racing; 05-17-2005 at 11:51 AM.
JAG Racing is offline   Reply With Quote