R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-27-2005, 09:00 PM   #6226
Tech Master

nope...
maybe I typed the wrong addy..

Last edited by onnetz; 04-27-2005 at 10:30 PM.
onnetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:10 PM   #6227
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Yep. It was wrong alright...and so is this one.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:32 PM   #6228
Tech Master

ooops..
well someone ended up with a video to watch..
Old 04-27-2005, 09:35 PM   #6229
Tech Master

do you guys use ofna's fail safe?

I still need to get one..
Old 04-27-2005, 09:36 PM   #6230
Tech Fanatic

HARK nice vids... I check the first one , looking good!!! but my sister just got back from San Antonio, Tx. and she wants me to see some DVD of the tapp and jazz competition that she won lol... I'll be right back to see the others ok
KLANDERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:39 PM   #6231

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Well finally got to run the car. Gosh its slippery with rubber tires. I had to run these though. I only have one good set of foams and I wasnt about to ruin them.

The motor is insanely fast. Ive always been used to cv-r motors. First time running a novarossi. Even sounds amazingly strong.

I was having troubles keeping it idling or running for very long. It would either cut out after run hard or would die for not running hard enough.

Temps were like 220-240. Really have no clue whats the deal.

The car runs well. Only problem is my steering , its real notchy and funky. I goto drive straight and then it starts turning. The steering is sticky.

Im wondering if its just the servo saver not being tight enough. Any input on this would be great.

Also the one way has seemed to have killed the brakes. Any slight tap and the car does an instant 360. This is normal on the R40 right. I know this was pretty much true for the older hpi vehicles.

Otherwise looking pretty good , but not really. I wont be able to run this car at the challenge the way it drives. Itll go one way , then just get locked in a turn.

Ah well im sure its something simple and maybe I can get it fixed before sat. But I highly doubt it.

Luckily my Racer2 is waiting in a$$ kick mode. I have been setting and tweaking that thing and removing slop for the past month. The steering is so gdamn tight and smooth and precise. If you drove it with a body on you wouldnt believe it was an old rs4. I mean even just from what I had before these few tweaks with slop has just brought this car around.

But I fear the underpower cv-r is going to get blown away on the straights and probably everywhere else. But this thing will hold a good solid average and is really consistent driving.

But that R40 was fun in the lot thats for sure. The thing was drifting like no other. Its always fun, especially when you can function with it. Coming off a corner I would punch it and steer the opposite direction...gotta love it!!!!
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:43 PM   #6232

Quote:
Originally posted by onnetz
do you guys use ofna's fail safe?

I still need to get one..
Theres a bunch. Venom Racing , Futaba has a new one, the fsu2.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:45 PM   #6233
Tech Master

only thing I can think of is to make sure the servo horn isnt rubbing against the top deck.. I know mine is right up against it..
Old 04-27-2005, 09:53 PM   #6234
Tech Elite

MPI is mine failsafe. Works great.

Klander- I'll get better ones next time.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:17 PM   #6235
Tech Master

I'm probably going to go with either the ofna or futaba micro failsafe..
Old 04-27-2005, 10:18 PM   #6236

Quote:
Originally posted by onnetz
only thing I can think of is to make sure the servo horn isnt rubbing against the top deck.. I know mine is right up against it..
Yeah Ive got it pulled all the way back. It looks good...

Hopefully Ill figure it out. I think im gonna rip it apart right now.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:22 PM   #6237
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Artificial-I
Well finally got to run the car. Gosh its slippery with rubber tires. I had to run these though. I only have one good set of foams and I wasnt about to ruin them.

The motor is insanely fast. Ive always been used to cv-r motors. First time running a novarossi. Even sounds amazingly strong.

I was having troubles keeping it idling or running for very long. It would either cut out after run hard or would die for not running hard enough.

The car runs well. Only problem is my steering , its real notchy and funky. I goto drive straight and then it starts turning. The steering is sticky.

Im wondering if its just the servo saver not being tight enough. Any input on this would be great.

Also the one way has seemed to have killed the brakes. Any slight tap and the car does an instant 360. This is normal on the R40 right. I know this was pretty much true for the older hpi vehicles.

Otherwise looking pretty good , but not really. I wont be able to run this car at the challenge the way it drives. Itll go one way , then just get locked in a turn.

Ah well im sure its something simple and maybe I can get it fixed before sat. But I highly doubt it.

Luckily my Racer2 is waiting in a$$ kick mode. I have been setting and tweaking that thing and removing slop for the past month. The steering is so gdamn tight and smooth and precise. If you drove it with a body on you wouldnt believe it was an old rs4. I mean even just from what I had before these few tweaks with slop has just brought this car around.

But I fear the underpower cv-r is going to get blown away on the straights and probably everywhere else. But this thing will hold a good solid average and is really consistent driving.

But that R40 was fun in the lot thats for sure. The thing was drifting like no other. Its always fun, especially when you can function with it. Coming off a corner I would punch it and steer the opposite direction...gotta love it!!!!
HEre is something you can try, use the solid rear diff in the front diff case. I use it when the tracks have a tight turn in which I really have to use the brakes, other than that the track here is really fast and mostly all I do is release the throttle...

If you try it better use a high torque servo, cause you lose steering a bit as the inner tire kinda drags on turns, but it really works and no more 360s
Old 04-27-2005, 10:32 PM   #6238
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by HarKonnenD
MPI is mine failsafe. Works great.

Klander- I'll get better ones next time.
HEY HARK my guess is you were driving while video taping... Am I right??? besides that path looked kinda tough with foams...
anyway thanks for the vids. hopefully I'll send you some from this coming sunday... I got my lola body today, I left it at the office, but I'll take some pics of it. Funny thing my floating body mount didn't come in the package... I'l have to e-mail rcmart tomorrow...
Old 04-27-2005, 10:38 PM   #6239
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Artificial-I

For one, check the glowplug, are you using the right one with the nitro mix when it comes to temp?
is your pipe bent or creating preassure back on the engine?
check your tubbing, i'd get new fuel tubbing
is there a gas tank air leak?
All these can affect the performance of the engine, but take a close look and maybe it's one of this things I mentioned...
Hopefully you'll find the trouble and fix it quick
Old 04-28-2005, 12:05 AM   #6240
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by KLANDERMAN
HEY HARK my guess is you were driving while video taping... Am I right??? besides that path looked kinda tough with foams...
anyway thanks for the vids. hopefully I'll send you some from this coming sunday... I got my lola body today, I left it at the office, but I'll take some pics of it. Funny thing my floating body mount didn't come in the package... I'l have to e-mail rcmart tomorrow...
Yeah I was recording while driving so it was harder. Well it was raining at the time on and off so the ground was a bit wet. My foams left a ton of skid marks and had a lil vapor trail. Basically the car was hydroplaning. It was pretty awesome! The car would go straight then all of a sudden slip to the side. When it's dry the car hooks up better.