Tech Fanatic

waz going on JAG?
KLANDERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:19 PM   #6047
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Midak

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG Racing
Man this thread is getting out of control.
Seriously, we need our own R40 forum and not this thread that goes on for 2 years strong.
Midak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:27 PM   #6048
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

So...what are you suggesting we do then?

Klander- First thing I'll do is work with the graphite shock towers. The shocks are now in a different position and I'm not sure how it affects the handling. With the stock shocktowers I left it in the std position and tuned the ride height, camber, toe in to neutral and the shock collars. That's about it. The car handled great for my liking and with the zero toe in hardly slide out. My friends R40 now slides out with his setup, but I'm not entirely sure what he has his at. If I have time tomorrow, I'll work on some setups in the lot here then when I have time, head up to the track and do some test runs. First however, I need to finish this break in.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:34 PM   #6049
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by HarKonnenD
So...what are you suggesting we do then?
I suppose we could pester the site admin to create a sub forum for the R40 so we can at least have individual threads on the R40.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:37 PM   #6050
Tech Elite

Sounds ok, but why a "sub" forum for the R40? Just leave it as one big R40 thread. We're already pulling other R40 owners from other forums looking for help and we recommended them come here.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:40 PM   #6051
Tech Apprentice

Problem is its not very searchable for future refference and if you dont check in once a day lately, 3 pages have filled and your last post is buried. I see questions go unanswered here for that very reason.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:02 AM   #6052
Tech Fanatic

hey you guys, I really don't see the problem cause I check it every day at the office. Maybe I'm more interested in learning different stuff everyday, or maybe I don't have as many R-40 friends because in Guatemala serpents have way much more pull. When I first entered the forhum many people helped me with my questions, so I feel at home here, but if you guys wanna post another forhum maybe one that says R-40 freaks or so... let me know and I'm in. for those of you who are not intereted as much as we are in learning stuff just deal with it, I thought that's what this forhum was for, to share tips, pics and share the fact that we love r/c and have the same brand car...
Let me know if anyone has a better idea, but I feel just at home...
KLANDERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:13 AM   #6053

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Quote:
Originally posted by Midak
Problem is its not very searchable for future refference and if you dont check in once a day lately, 3 pages have filled and your last post is buried. I see questions go unanswered here for that very reason.
Yeah it sucks too cause the software this site is using is old. The newer software that I run on my board allows you to search within threads. So 150page threads are managable. While here we just blanket on top of it and there is no way to get info out of a 150page thread.

If you did a search on something for the r40. Most likely this thread will come up. But it will bring you to the first page and you have to scan 150 pages to find it.

Reason why the new version has that. Maybe we can contact the admin and get him to upgrade.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:15 AM   #6054
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Midak
That has happened in the past, but there's less of it now . Now that I'm more into the R40 I reply to anyone who has a question and I get notified for EACH post. I'm not the best, but I can help with more than the average stuff. For the time being, it's just mostly bashers with the R40s and most of the pros are just gearing for racing. Probably a new upgrade for the site would help you search faster though like RCCA's forum.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:55 AM   #6055
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Artificial-I
Yeah it sucks too cause the software this site is using is old. The newer software that I run on my board allows you to search within threads. So 150page threads are managable. While here we just blanket on top of it and there is no way to get info out of a 150page thread.

If you did a search on something for the r40. Most likely this thread will come up. But it will bring you to the first page and you have to scan 150 pages to find it.

Reason why the new version has that. Maybe we can contact the admin and get him to upgrade.
You can do that on this board.

Under search options change Show results as threads to Show results as posts.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:20 AM   #6056

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
You can do that on this board.

Under search options change Show results as threads to Show results as posts.
Ahh, never knew you could do it that way on here. Not many run vb2 anymore.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:04 AM   #6057
Tech Apprentice

Default hello

hi guys, can everyone here can shard some R40 pics here and comments. thanks you...
NovaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:38 AM   #6058
Tech Apprentice

Hey boyz long time no post here. I am jus tgetting ready for our season here and just wanted to come in and see how things were going. Looks like this thread has been pretty active lately.

I had my R40 since it came out and finally have it up to par with most of you. only thing missing here is the LW two speed. No rush for now I will see how most of you rate it. (pics to come)

NovaKing.. what are you looking to see when we post our pics, etc.

you want chassis pics or with bodies on?

A couple of things I noticed out there. When ordering replacement parts, HPI has upgraded the plastic pieces now to fix most of our concerns from the past year or so..

Tank is bigger!!! Now I can meet the 5 minute fuel pit time.
Rear uprights and A arms now come with grooves to prevent rocks from sticking to the inside of the wheels and the two set up positions for the sway bar. neat stuff. I guess I have not been up on things all winter.

Now if we can only get a revamped clutch set up from HPI we will be in business.

Does anyone know of the effects of what the lower suspension brackets have on your handling? these are the plastic parts that have a 0 or a 2mm engraved on the inside. see items in plastic tree 73479 #4 and #2 (0) and #5 and #6 (2).

Reference to lower suspension build with items mentioned above

I have not had enough run time this spring yet to be able to test this out but I am hoping someone out there already experimented.
SasonRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 09:27 AM   #6059
Tech Apprentice

Default hello

Quote:
Originally posted by SasonRC
Hey boyz long time no post here. I am jus tgetting ready for our season here and just wanted to come in and see how things were going. Looks like this thread has been pretty active lately.

I had my R40 since it came out and finally have it up to par with most of you. only thing missing here is the LW two speed. No rush for now I will see how most of you rate it. (pics to come)

NovaKing.. what are you looking to see when we post our pics, etc.

you want chassis pics or with bodies on?

A couple of things I noticed out there. When ordering replacement parts, HPI has upgraded the plastic pieces now to fix most of our concerns from the past year or so..

Tank is bigger!!! Now I can meet the 5 minute fuel pit time.
Rear uprights and A arms now come with grooves to prevent rocks from sticking to the inside of the wheels and the two set up positions for the sway bar. neat stuff. I guess I have not been up on things all winter.

Now if we can only get a revamped clutch set up from HPI we will be in business.

Does anyone know of the effects of what the lower suspension brackets have on your handling? these are the plastic parts that have a 0 or a 2mm engraved on the inside. see items in plastic tree 73479 #4 and #2 (0) and #5 and #6 (2).

Reference to lower suspension build with items mentioned above

I have not had enough run time this spring yet to be able to test this out but I am hoping someone out there already experimented.
anything will do. but hope both pic...
NovaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 10:24 AM   #6060
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default Urgent !

Hi,

A friend its about to buy an R40 (normal one) as his first nitro 200mm car (he runs offroad). On the R40 wich are the most parts that tend to break in order to take replacement parts in hand ?. Im recommending him based on my exprience with 200mm nitro cars and basically im asking him to buy :

- Entire Belts sets.
- Lower and upper suspension arms.
- Suspension mount set.

Other than that ... what ? ...

Thanks !!

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote