R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-22-2005, 03:18 PM   #5071
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to JAG Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by nsxshogun
So If I wanted some new ones who would I contact and what would I ask them for. My clutch is set up fine but I tried to take the screws out and reinstall them to make sure but Couldnt.
Just contact HPI Customer support - check the website.

Just tell them the 2.6mm ( I think that is what they are ) screws in the kit stripped out and that you would like a replacement.

Interesting that the silver panhead strips but the black one is OK - probably two different screw vendors are being used - just a guess though. It might be difficult to find replacement 2.6mm panhead screws in the US - so lean on that when you talk with them.

Good luck!
JAG Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:15 PM   #5072
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Klander- Naw I didn't try the axle yet, but I will soon. Gonna get the 4gear spider gears and fill the rear diff as well. I saw the lola bodies and love them as well. I can't wait to get two of them for my R40 as well as spare parts.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:16 PM   #5073
Tech Fanatic

HarkonnenD: did you see those cool lola bodies?
I wonder if the car will handle like the serpent impact... Some friends have them in Guatemala... What I want is to get my car dialed with all the LW parts to try and race with them. So far on the straights is where they pass me, but on turns I'm right there with them, sometimes I even make them spin out... I guess is the preassure lol...
KLANDERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:17 PM   #5074
Tech Fanatic

HarKonnennD: sorry thought you hadn't seen the post...
KLANDERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:04 PM   #5075
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG Racing
Just contact HPI Customer support - check the website.

Just tell them the 2.6mm ( I think that is what they are ) screws in the kit stripped out and that you would like a replacement.

Interesting that the silver panhead strips but the black one is OK - probably two different screw vendors are being used - just a guess though. It might be difficult to find replacement 2.6mm panhead screws in the US - so lean on that when you talk with them.

Good luck!
I have a few extra screws that are the same but I can't get them out to replace them. I also brought a new wrench.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:25 PM   #5076
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by KLANDERMAN
AMG I wonder how low can you go when it comes to weight on the r-40? mine weighs around 1826 grams, but with the LW chassis thats 20 grams less, 1806 grams and with the LW 2 speed which is on ot's way I guess another 30 grams or so... 1776 grams...
what's the weight of yours???
Mine weights 1727 grams with body, engine, tires, body, transponder, everything minus fuel.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:26 PM   #5077
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Benzoil
ok, I'll stick to my original choice and go for the TOP, the reliability factor may cost me a 100 grams but I guess the 2004 kit will make up for that. Would you recommend any crucial parts/hop ups to be ordered along with the kit? For example on my RS4 I kept busting my rear hubs...
Disregard these weights. Most of the .12 motors weigh almost the same amount. Certainly there is not 100grams difference.

The TOP motor is a screamer and it will fly.

If you get the 2004 kit you do not need to buy any additional parts in my opinion, my new 2004 kit is almost stock. I have added a few custom touches here or there that I can outline if you are interested.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #5078
Tech Elite

Quote:
which R-40 version already comes with the LW chassis, the graphite shock arms and the LW 2 speed?
The 2004 comes with many hopups, but not the graphite arms.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:32 PM   #5079
Tech Elite

Quote:
COOL!!! have you tried the solid rear axle in the front? I ordered a high torque servo about 120 oz. at 6 v. Maybe this way with the solid axle I don't lose to much steering, but gain acceleration...
The thing to remember about the R40 is that in my opinion the car is inherently sprung wrong from the factory. The black front and rear springs do not take into account the different effects of the different types of swaybars.

I would recommend black front and gold rear, or black front and red proceed rears (almost same as gold but longer). Why this is is that the front swaybar when set to 90 degrees is very stiff, and with black on the rear the car will understeer badly. With the spring stagger front to back you can adjust the balance of the car much better with the front swaybar. Also the rear swaybar mounting point on the stock arms is not very good. It is too close to the centre which makes the leverage on the arms insufficient for them to work properly. Get the graphite arms and use the outer mounting points to make the rear swaybar be stiffer and also work more smoothly.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:40 PM   #5080
Tech Regular

Thanks for the complements on my body, a page back or so. I used it as a show body until I sold the car. It was painted by a friend of mine. I miss it. I'll have to get another because of it's originality.

AMGRacer is that avatar Major Kusanagi? I'm watching Ghost in the Shell right now on satelite.
vulso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:44 PM   #5081
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to 007kel Send a message via Yahoo to 007kel
Default Lola Bodies

Sorry so late on this. Here's a pic of my R40 and the Yoke GTP body (which is similar to the Lola bodies).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r40 gtp 01.jpg (106.8 KB, 107 views)
007kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:52 PM   #5082
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to 007kel Send a message via Yahoo to 007kel

Here's a another pic with the GTP body over the R40. Yeah, pic isn't so great. But it looks like it will work, may have to cut the body for the front shock tower...hmm This GTP (which I use on my Yoke GT4) body is fun to run on the track, it's so much easier to drive than a sedan body. Guys out here call it cheater bodies. But their fun to run. Looks like I may have to go buy another GTP body, this time for the R40.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r40 gtp 04.jpg (102.0 KB, 82 views)
007kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:13 AM   #5083
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by vulso
AMGRacer is that avatar Major Kusanagi? I'm watching Ghost in the Shell right now on satelite.
You got it. Nice choice in Anime.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:18 AM   #5084
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
You got it. Nice choice in Anime.
Thanks its a great movie. How did you like Ghost in the Shell 2? It didn't seem to have the same production values as one but still good.

Also does anyone here run the HPI 12R-XS motor? I just bought on E-bay nib for $80.00 wanted some of yalls experience with it.

P.S..........AKIRA is still the best
vulso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:27 AM   #5085
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by vulso
Thanks its a great movie. How did you like Ghost in the Shell 2? It didn't seem to have the same production values as one but still good.

Also does anyone here run the HPI 12R-XS motor? I just bought on E-bay nib for $80.00 wanted some of yalls experience with it.

P.S..........AKIRA is still the best
I have not seen 2, has not been given big props amongst my buds so not bothered. I really dig Akira, but man that ending messed with my head kinda.

I have one of those motors, it is actually manufactured by STS. Good motor, reliable and fairly quick.