R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2004, 10:11 PM   #3931
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default Re: Re: Re: 4WD overdrive settings

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG Racing
Thanks AMGRacer. I think I'll do some experimenting on overdirve ...

Are these the pivot balls you are reffering to? GPM states they are steel... xo no weight savings.
http://www.gpmracing.us/index.cgi?pa...NRS4022A&c=130
The pivot balls I am talking about are here:

http://www.gpmracing.com.hk/car/page/r40_1.jpg

I am not saying that they are brilliant, but they are lighter (I weighed them) and they have lasted around 5-6 months so far.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:13 AM   #3932
Tech Elite
 
HarKonnenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,024
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD
Default

Anyone know a place to get a nice chassis for the R40 at the lowest price? Trying to get a first upgrade to reduce most of the weight. Next, I'll try that green gear to change the ratio. I'm currently going to use the MT12, but maybe moving upto a Sirio .12 w/black heatsink. If I can, maybe get the updated one with the blue heatsink. Not sure bout any RB engines though. The MT is hardly used anyway, and need to be leaned out some more to see some speed. Would have gotten a Kyosho though of tower, but they recently jacked the prices way the hell up their cracks and I'd doubt many ppl will buy a VoneR, or VoneRR with body for $350-$399.
__________________
Trying to live every day like its the last....
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 07:52 AM   #3933
Tech Regular
 
JAG Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Prosper, Texas
Posts: 458
Send a message via AIM to JAG Racing
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HarKonnenD
Anyone know a place to get a nice chassis for the R40 at the lowest price? Trying to get a first upgrade to reduce most of the weight. Next, I'll try that green gear to change the ratio. I'm currently going to use the MT12, but maybe moving upto a Sirio .12 w/black heatsink. If I can, maybe get the updated one with the blue heatsink. Not sure bout any RB engines though. The MT is hardly used anyway, and need to be leaned out some more to see some speed. Would have gotten a Kyosho though of tower, but they recently jacked the prices way the hell up their cracks and I'd doubt many ppl will buy a VoneR, or VoneRR with body for $350-$399.
Previous page discusses this... RCModel has it for $63.


MT-12 is a great little motor for small to midsize tracks. But, if you are a better than average driver I can see where you might need more ponies..
JAG Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 10:58 AM   #3934
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 197
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

look,

Here is a pic of the new tank. The upper seam is taller but they left the edges the old thickness to fit the body clips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newtank1.jpg (92.9 KB, 169 views)
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 10:58 AM   #3935
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 197
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default 2

2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newtank2.jpg (73.9 KB, 145 views)
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 10:59 AM   #3936
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 197
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Rear too

Rear too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newtank3.jpg (81.8 KB, 139 views)
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:51 AM   #3937
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Boom,

Looks like someone needed to clean their car before taking the pics.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:05 PM   #3938
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JLock
Boom,

Looks like someone needed to clean their car before taking the pics.
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 04:09 PM   #3939
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: canada
Posts: 103
Default tank

Thanks Boom I have the old tank as mine does not have that lip
Does tower hobbies stock the new style tank or old style?
Lou
look is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 04:50 PM   #3940
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 197
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

look,

I got the tank in the pics from Tower mid-Aug.... so I assume you'll get a new one.

I'm tired of cleaning the tank, it gets dirty too fast.
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:47 AM   #3941
Registered User
 
OB42TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 417
Default

If you don't have the new style tank just call up HPI support; they'll get you the right one(s). Great support from HPI.
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:09 PM   #3942
Tech Elite
 
HarKonnenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,024
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG Racing
Previous page discusses this... RCModel has it for $63.


MT-12 is a great little motor for small to midsize tracks. But, if you are a better than average driver I can see where you might need more ponies..
Yeah. I've been actually thinking about a Sirio outlaw .12 (w/blue heatsink). They have it at my LHS for about $179 or so. I may go with the standard one. The owner said, they didn't have upgrade parts for it now since the people who bought the R40 there didnt request any. So, I'm back on the R40 instead of the NTC3. Still, need to get a new battery pack, but I'll have more than enough for all that, maybe a new body and a can of paint. My friend sorta thinks the R40 is kinda like a money pit since it cost's quite a bit just to lighten the car. I'm not so sure about that. I mena it does cost a good amount, but it a really nice car.
__________________
Trying to live every day like its the last....
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 01:05 PM   #3943
Tech Regular
 
JAG Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Prosper, Texas
Posts: 458
Send a message via AIM to JAG Racing
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HarKonnenD
Yeah. I've been actually thinking about a Sirio outlaw .12 (w/blue heatsink). They have it at my LHS for about $179 or so. I may go with the standard one. The owner said, they didn't have upgrade parts for it now since the people who bought the R40 there didnt request any. So, I'm back on the R40 instead of the NTC3. Still, need to get a new battery pack, but I'll have more than enough for all that, maybe a new body and a can of paint. My friend sorta thinks the R40 is kinda like a money pit since it cost's quite a bit just to lighten the car. I'm not so sure about that. I mena it does cost a good amount, but it a really nice car.
I run my R40 nearly stock ( lightened shafts only ) w/ stock MT-12 engine and it runs just fine and I usually run in the 'A' main at the club level. I tend to believe my driving skills are holding me back more than the car's weight if you know what I mean. BUT, I think I'll try a few lightweight parts just to see. A lighter car should handle better and make it easier to drive.

If you are looking for a good deal on a brand new R40 ($219 + S&H) let me know! I also have some batteries, engines, etc.
JAG Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 02:06 PM   #3944
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

JAG,

Sometimes a lighter car is not easier to drive, especially if it is not set up properly. You can sometimes get away with not-so-good set up on a heavier car than you can with a lighter one. You know that I would know more than anybody else.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 02:52 PM   #3945
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Just installed the piston set that Hara used on his R40 and as Thad said it really smooths out the shock action. Worthwhile in my opinion as the pistons only run around $9.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New on Nitro and this forum Emaxx rider Rookie Zone 8 02-06-2008 07:21 AM
HPI Nitro MT 2 Forum Tom P Electric Off-Road 5 07-19-2004 06:26 PM
New Nitro R/C Forum Dantherc10man Web Links 0 08-09-2003 07:39 AM
Nitro car forum Rose Money Singapore R/C Racers 47 07-04-2002 08:49 PM
Nitro Forum ART2 Singapore R/C Racers 41 05-16-2002 10:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:56 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net