R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2004, 03:42 PM   #3856
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Side Brace

Quote:
Originally posted by jscamry
Who make that side brace?

~Jason
HPI look at rcmodel
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:16 PM   #3857
Tech Addict
 
jscamry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oviedo,FL
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry
Default Thad:

what is the part number for the hpi - Aluminum suspension spacers.

Thanks Jason
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:58 PM   #3858
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 197
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Thad Garner
0mm bump stop basically means that we didn’t use the set screw to limit the up travel of the suspension, only the down travel (droop/rebound stop) see attached picture.
Thad,

Thanks for the clarification. Do all HPI team drivers write their setup sheets that way? i.e. measure droop from the hub carrier, as opposed to the ballstud mount as indicated in the setup sheet.
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 05:21 PM   #3859
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Belts and Pulleys

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
You serious? The 3 belt change should take 20 minutes tops!
Then you are very fast builder..........there is no way I can remove all the stuff including engine and pipe, then the bulkhead, then take the belt off, put the belt on, put the bulkhead back on, put the engine and pipe on, and do the setting in 20 minutes....if I can finish that in 3 hours, that is fast for me...

Again, that is ME only......not to mention, I have those machine RCSCREWZ all over the R40.....that take extra times to take those screws off.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 05:37 PM   #3860
Tech Regular
 
Thad Garner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Trabuco Canyon
Posts: 305
Default Re: Thad:

Quote:
Originally posted by jscamry
what is the part number for the hpi - Aluminum suspension spacers.

Thanks Jason
Z813 -.5mm
Z814 - .75mm
Z815 – 1.0mm
Z816 – 1.5mm
Z817 – 2.0mm
Z818 – 2.5mm
Z819 – 3.0mm
__________________
R1Wurks - Awesomatix USA
Thad Garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 05:39 PM   #3861
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Belts and Pulleys

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Then you are very fast builder..........there is no way I can remove all the stuff including engine and pipe, then the bulkhead, then take the belt off, put the belt on, put the bulkhead back on, put the engine and pipe on, and do the setting in 20 minutes....if I can finish that in 3 hours, that is fast for me...

Again, that is ME only......not to mention, I have those machine RCSCREWZ all over the R40.....that take extra times to take those screws off.
The front bulkhead comes out with 6 screws, pop a linkage from the steering off lift out the bellcranks and you can remove the first belt. Put the middle belt on while you have the layshaft out.

The rear bulkhead has 9 screws you need to remove, pop off the shocks and the bulkhead top lifts away. You get get the layshaft out with a bit of wiggling, or just loosen the 4 motor screws. Rear belt is out. Should not take you too long, and the motor can stay in place............
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 05:41 PM   #3862
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Belts and Pulleys

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Again, that is ME only......not to mention, I have those machine RCSCREWZ all over the R40.....that take extra times to take those screws off.
OK missed that part. If you need to pull out machine screws from every screw i can definately see that adding a fair bit of time.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 05:44 PM   #3863
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Hey Thad I noticed that Hara did not use a large fuel filter this time. Has the fuel tank size been increased sufficiently now?

Also why does Hara move the receiver to the servo side of the car? If it is for balance then the same could be achieved with some lead weight as the RX units is pretty light.........

Oh yeah, do you have any insights into the new belts? I remember the old Racer 2 had optional urethane belts which I used and actually found them more prone to damage............
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:03 PM   #3864
Tech Regular
 
Thad Garner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Trabuco Canyon
Posts: 305
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Hey Thad I noticed that Hara did not use a large fuel filter this time. Has the fuel tank size been increased sufficiently now?

Also why does Hara move the receiver to the servo side of the car? If it is for balance then the same could be achieved with some lead weight as the RX units is pretty light.........

Oh yeah, do you have any insights into the new belts? I remember the old Racer 2 had optional urethane belts which I used and actually found them more prone to damage............
-Yes, the tank is a almost 75cc. Last year it was less then 73. I just kept going back and forth between tech adding more fuel line until it was exact. But remember, the tank expands probably .5cc during running so a quick spray down with some motor spray before post race tech always helps…just to be safe.

-I think he runs his RX on that side merely for convenience. He shortens all his wires so they plug directly in without bundling. Also he doesn’t run a switch so it makes plugging in a snap.

-I haven’t received the new belts yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg harar40.jpg (148.8 KB, 182 views)
__________________
R1Wurks - Awesomatix USA
Thad Garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:11 PM   #3865
Tech Regular
 
Thad Garner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Trabuco Canyon
Posts: 305
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by boom
Thad,

Thanks for the clarification. Do all HPI team drivers write their setup sheets that way? i.e. measure droop from the hub carrier, as opposed to the ballstud mount as indicated in the setup sheet.
I think so... I can only assume. You can be sure that me and Hara’s droop settings are done that way.
__________________
R1Wurks - Awesomatix USA
Thad Garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:10 PM   #3866
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Thad Garner
-Yes, the tank is a almost 75cc. Last year it was less then 73. I just kept going back and forth between tech adding more fuel line until it was exact. But remember, the tank expands probably .5cc during running so a quick spray down with some motor spray before post race tech always helps…just to be safe.

-I think he runs his RX on that side merely for convenience. He shortens all his wires so they plug directly in without bundling. Also he doesn’t run a switch so it makes plugging in a snap.

-I haven’t received the new belts yet.
Cool

I also noticed that Hara was running the stock 2004 top deck, not this one:



Any particular reason to have 2 seperate "lightweight" top decks? It seems that the "new" one has a bit more material in it.

Also Hara was running the Orion "Fresh Kicks"? Any particular reason, or he was running a sponsors tire?
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:35 PM   #3867
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Sorry Thad,

Another question, do you know whether Hara balances his tires? This is something I have thought about but I am unsure whether it is worth it..................
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:16 AM   #3868
Tech Regular
 
Thad Garner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Trabuco Canyon
Posts: 305
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Cool

I also noticed that Hara was running the stock 2004 top deck, not this one:

Any particular reason to have 2 seperate "lightweight" top decks? It seems that the "new" one has a bit more material in it.

Also Hara was running the Orion "Fresh Kicks"? Any particular reason, or he was running a sponsors tire?
-Hara’s kit was the 04 JP kit so he just used the top deck that came with the kit. Actually the new lightweight upper deck is lighter. Also the new upper deck uses better quality US graphite.

-We tried many different tires and the Orion tires just worked best. HPI, Orion and CRC tires all use the same foam supplier, so it comes down to wheel flex. The Orion wheel has the most amount of wheel flex.

- I have tried balancing in the past and haven’t seen/felt any difference. It isn’t necessary.
__________________
R1Wurks - Awesomatix USA
Thad Garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 11:05 AM   #3869
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Belts and Pulleys

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
The front bulkhead comes out with 6 screws, pop a linkage from the steering off lift out the bellcranks and you can remove the first belt. Put the middle belt on while you have the layshaft out.

The rear bulkhead has 9 screws you need to remove, pop off the shocks and the bulkhead top lifts away. You get get the layshaft out with a bit of wiggling, or just loosen the 4 motor screws. Rear belt is out. Should not take you too long, and the motor can stay in place............
I will save that and give that a try when the new belt is out....I am kinda slow on building and THINKING.....I always remove EVERYTHING for only 1 part....I don't know how to find a short cut to remove or rebuild stuff, thats why it will take me HOURS to rebuild the car...

Not to mention, I have TV, DVD, internet, BABY, wife and a lot of stuff around me while I am rubbing my R40...that take extra times, LOL.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 12:09 PM   #3870
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Belts and Pulleys

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
I am rubbing my R40...that take extra times, LOL. [/B]
any word on those nuts
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New on Nitro and this forum Emaxx rider Rookie Zone 8 02-06-2008 07:21 AM
HPI Nitro MT 2 Forum Tom P Electric Off-Road 5 07-19-2004 06:26 PM
New Nitro R/C Forum Dantherc10man Web Links 0 08-09-2003 07:39 AM
Nitro car forum Rose Money Singapore R/C Racers 47 07-04-2002 08:49 PM
Nitro Forum ART2 Singapore R/C Racers 41 05-16-2002 10:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:23 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net