R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-09-2004, 01:52 AM   #3781
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by jscamry
Hey Rookie, I am a member of S grid, where do I have to go to look up the pics that Mr.Myers posted about the R40?

thanks Jason
Starting Grid > 2004 On-Road > #97: 2004 ROAR Fuel Sedan National > Post #68

Mike did a real nice job with the info and beautiful pixs.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:54 AM   #3782
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
where do I have to go to look up the pics that Mr.Myers posted about the R40?
Naked
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:27 AM   #3783
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry

thanks kidDynomite
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:47 AM   #3784
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
still, I don't believe that is the EXACT SAME R40 that hara drove (just the picture only R40)...but THAD already said he cleaned the car really fast and then took those pictures.........I am wondering what he used to clean the car.........? My car (even a brand new car) will never look like that even after a 5 minutes qualifier.....

A spray bottle full of denatured alcohol would clean it up really quick . If your'e really in a hurry, use some compressed air to help speed evaporation and to blow off any remaining dirt and tire dust.
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:48 AM   #3785
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Thanks guys.........well, it is not my first day to run NITRO car, but what AMAZED me is................how LITTLE of a impact or scratch or whatever that stucked on HARA's ride after an 1 hour race....look at his body, I only spot a black mark at the lower passenger side front spoiler.......thats all.

And that RD Logic pipe..............like new, and that means he didn't touch any curb or other cars at all, look at that tip.....no scratch.

Thad..........if we can get more support or head up from you more offen in Rctech, I am sure the R40 will get more respect from the rest of the track............

I still have ppl asked my why I downgraded myself from NTC3/710 to R40 and those who said "Hara can win national with a Toy's R Us RC car...." thing all the time...........
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:03 PM   #3786
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry
Default rcscrew kit v.s. hexscrew kit

hey all, how is it going? I was wondering if anyone has tried rcscrew kit vs hexscrew kits for the R40? I am looking to purchase a kit mainly for spare screws and 2ndly to look a bit better.

here is the link to hexscrews

thanks Jason
Old 09-09-2004, 12:32 PM   #3787
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to regg151 Send a message via AIM to regg151 Send a message via Yahoo to regg151

I just received a set from hexscrews yesterday. so far I like the quality as well as the strength of the screws.
one thing to keep in mind though is that these are steel screws and will rust if run through water also won't do much to reduce weight but they are really strong I also got a set for my savage and so far they are holding up great no stripped heads even after repeated use.

Inferno GT Hyper 21 8 Port Ipanema Tires
Spektrum DX3R
Team CFX Racing, RCNB Race Team, CFX Paintworks.com
regg151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:35 PM   #3788
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to regg151 Send a message via AIM to regg151 Send a message via Yahoo to regg151

nearly forgot I currently have the RCscrewz on my R40 and i'm constantly haveing problems with the heads stripping out on me. I love the look of stainless but hate haveing to resort to a dremal to get my screws out.

Inferno GT Hyper 21 8 Port Ipanema Tires
Spektrum DX3R
Team CFX Racing, RCNB Race Team, CFX Paintworks.com
regg151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:56 PM   #3789
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by regg151
nearly forgot I currently have the RCscrewz on my R40 and i'm constantly haveing problems with the heads stripping out on me. I love the look of stainless but hate haveing to resort to a dremal to get my screws out.
thanks for the info about the rcscrewz and hex screws. So are the ti screw by hpi worth. it mean they are light and strong kinda best of both worlds..

~Jason
Old 09-09-2004, 02:02 PM   #3790
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

If you can afford the HPI Titanium screws set for R40, get it........I wish I could, and I know it is better, it is not because it is TI or lighter, they are self taping screws........not like RCscrez or others that are machine scerws.......which will take FOREVER to remove one screws.....

My car came with the Rcscrewz, but I replaced them but using original HPI R40 self taping.............much better grib then machine screws and repairing is much faster.

But roughtly $60 US for a set of Titanium screws are kinda pricey.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:45 PM   #3791
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Thanks guys.........well, it is not my first day to run NITRO car, but what AMAZED me is................how LITTLE of a impact or scratch or whatever that stucked on HARA's ride after an 1 hour race....look at his body, I only spot a black mark at the lower passenger side front spoiler.......thats all.

And that RD Logic pipe..............like new, and that means he didn't touch any curb or other cars at all, look at that tip.....no scratch.

Thad..........if we can get more support or head up from you more offen in Rctech, I am sure the R40 will get more respect from the rest of the track............

I still have ppl asked my why I downgraded myself from NTC3/710 to R40 and those who said "Hara can win national with a Toy's R Us RC car...." thing all the time...........

I think itís funny that youíre so impressed at the cleanliness of the car.

You need to understand that some people are brand loyal. Some people like AE and Losi just because the think is all made in the USA. Some just like a certain brand because that was the manufacture of there first RC car. Just shrug off the haters and always know that the car you are driving is the back to back national championship winning car.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:08 PM   #3792
Tech Elite

Quote:
thanks for the info about the rcscrewz and hex screws. So are the ti screw by hpi worth. it mean they are light and strong kinda best of both worlds..

~Jason
The hpi screwset is the best period. Mine are 6 months old and all are still perfect condition. Plus they are ti. Plus they are exactly the same as the kit screws.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:14 PM   #3793
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Thad Garner
I think itís funny that youíre so impressed at the cleanliness of the car.

You need to understand that some people are brand loyal. Some people like AE and Losi just because the think is all made in the USA. Some just like a certain brand because that was the manufacture of there first RC car. Just shrug off the haters and always know that the car you are driving is the back to back national championship winning car.
Hey Thad are we going to see some more tuning info for the R40? The manual info is very low on detail. You have a 2 time national and 1 time world champ in your stable, who also has articles in the RC World Japanese magazine. How about an article on the HPI site with Haras tuning tips.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:19 PM   #3794
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
The hpi screwset is the best period. Mine are 6 months old and all are still perfect condition. Plus they are ti. Plus they are exactly the same as the kit screws.
Am I mistaken or did I see titanium wood screws in the HPI kit?

Hey Thad, it looks like Hara's engine was a NovaMax. Did Maxy make additional mods to the engine?
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:20 PM   #3795
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Hey Thad are we going to see some more tuning info for the R40? The manual info is very low on detail. You have a 2 time national and 1 time world champ in your stable, who also has articles in the RC World Japanese magazine. How about an article on the HPI site with Haras tuning tips.
I will pass on the idea.

Here is Hara's nats setup- http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/se...sr40_setup.jpg