R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-08-2004, 08:41 AM   #3766
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

If ppl can see the latest pic of HARA's National champion car....he relocated the receiver to the side of the throttle servo (just like 710, MTX3 or V1RRRRRRRR).....which I don't know why ppl not to do that at the beginning....

I am actually using the S710 receiver box, drilled 2 holes and mounted it like OEM.........I can even use the on/off switch from the stock position.

And I am planning to mount the 5 AAA receiver pack at the original receiver location..........then I can mount the tank underneath the radio deck for lower CG....not sure that will work or not cause that will be something I will do after the nitro season is over....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:39 AM   #3767
Tech Adept

Can someone give me part numbers for these links. I really have problem with the rear camber links keep getting stripped.

tx
X-Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:52 AM   #3768
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
And I am planning to mount the 5 AAA receiver pack at the original receiver location..........then I can mount the tank underneath the radio deck for lower CG....not sure that will work or not cause that will be something I will do after the nitro season is over....
I think moving the batts to the engine/pipe side would throw the balance of the car off. You're replacing a receiver with 5 AAA batts. That's a pretty big difference in weight.
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:53 AM   #3769
Tech Champion

Are they any different then the stock one...? Or you are talking about the turnbuckles...?

I use this............and yes, I am still trying to locate my friend and try to get more and sell them here....

Old 09-08-2004, 09:55 AM   #3770
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by rod_b
I think moving the batts to the engine/pipe side would throw the balance of the car off. You're replacing a receiver with 5 AAA batts. That's a pretty big difference in weight.
True....and I did think about that issue (balancing)....but right now... I would like to see the 1725 gram R40 is any better or faster then the current 1950 gram R40...........balancing will be the next point of attact.....
Old 09-08-2004, 10:51 AM   #3771
Tech Adept

Rookie...that's what i'm taling about.

How about these optional parts?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGPB1&P=Z

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDHR9&P=7

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZT56&P=7

X-Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:46 AM   #3772
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by X-Garage
Rookie...that's what i'm taling about.

How about these optional parts?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGPB1&P=Z

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDHR9&P=7

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZT56&P=7
I think they all look good.........but for the rear, I used that 4 nuts to prevent the ball cups got pushed in after impact....
And those purple turnbuckles....anything that save the weight will work....not to mention, BLING BLING.........
Old 09-08-2004, 07:20 PM   #3773
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
If ppl can see the latest pic of HARA's National champion car....he relocated the receiver to the side of the throttle servo (just like 710, MTX3 or V1RRRRRRRR).....which I don't know why ppl not to do that at the beginning....

Thats how i've had mine since day one
Old 09-08-2004, 07:22 PM   #3774
Tech Adept

hi ppl
can anyone give me a list of what option parts are on the 2004 Spec R40
MRWRX_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:25 PM   #3775
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by 20 SMOKE
Thats how i've had mine since day one
Did HARA called you about that mod a year ago....? LOL

Anyhow, Mike Myers posted some awesome pictures of the National esp HARA car in close up and with the raced orange head MAXY (instead of the after race purple head Maxy)....go take a look...

Thad from HPI already mentioned, that is INDEED the exact same R40 just finished the A-main X minutes ago....not a PICTURE ONLY R40.......if ppl want to know how good these A-main drivers are....take a look at HARA's car, chassis, pipe, tank, tires, rims and body..........the whole thing is like 98% brand new, after an 1 hour A-main race with 11 others top class driver, and obviously, they never touched each other for the whole 60 minutes, at least, not HARA..............still, I don't believe that is the EXACT SAME R40 that hara drove (just the picture only R40)...but THAD already said he cleaned the car really fast and then took those pictures.........I am wondering what he used to clean the car.........? My car (even a brand new car) will never look like that even after a 5 minutes qualifier.....

Also, that included a picture of a HPI R40 after the enigne caught on fire....don't know who's own that R40 (I think that is R40 because of the rear bulkhead, correct me if I am wrong).

P.S...yes, you have to create an account and log in to view the race report and pictures...

Last edited by Rookie Solara; 09-08-2004 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:37 PM   #3776
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by MRWRX_69
hi ppl
can anyone give me a list of what option parts are on the 2004 Spec R40
I don't want to repeat the list then 1000 times....take a look at these postes back from FastHarry and others....like 70 pages ago....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&pagenumber=59
Old 09-08-2004, 08:07 PM   #3777
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thad was using some sort of clay to clean the car. I watched him do it. He pulled the tank and everything. Had the car spotless in no time.
Chewdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:11 PM   #3778
Tech Regular

Quote:
still, I don't believe that is the EXACT SAME R40 that hara drove (just the picture only R40)...but THAD already said he cleaned the car really fast and then took those pictures.........I am wondering what he used to clean the car.........? My car (even a brand new car) will never look like that even after a 5 minutes qualifier.....

a picture of a HPI R40 after the enigne caught on fire....don't know who's own that R40 (I think that is R40 because of the rear bulkhead, correct me if I am wrong).
That picture was taking before the main. After the main there was just a bunch of foam dust and a little bit of fuel around the tank. I just gave the car the old once over with some of that Serpent cleaning putty and sprayed the tank down with some motor spray.

Yes, the car that caught fire was Randy Kastlís R40. His pit man said that the engine came in at 400+ degrees and he used some fuel to cool it off and whoosh.

Last edited by Thad Garner; 09-08-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Thad Garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:55 PM   #3779
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Thad Garner
That picture was taking before the main. After the main there was just a bunch of foam dust and a little bit of fuel around the tank. I just gave the car the old once over with some of that Serpent cleaning putty and sprayed the tank down with some motor spray.

Yes, the car that caught fire was Randy Kastlís R40. His pit man said that the engine came in at 400+ degrees and he used some fuel to cool it off and whoosh.
His pitman poured fuel on a hot thing
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:43 AM   #3780
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry

Quote:
P.S...yes, you have to create an account and log in to view the race report and pictures...
Hey Rookie, I am a member of S grid, where do I have to go to look up the pics that Mr.Myers posted about the R40?

thanks Jason
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote