R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2004, 01:40 PM   #3706
Tech Regular
 
treky11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tranced
what type of rear body mount posts can be used on the carbon fiber rear shock towers? i see that hara had used them for the 03 nats, any takers?
From the pics those look like the standard HPI mounts that got used on the old rs4 series of cars. I think its the ones on the bottom of the tree in this pic. They come on trees from a few of HPI's kits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hpic3163.jpg (26.5 KB, 135 views)
treky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:44 PM   #3707
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by treky11
From the pics those look like the standard HPI mounts that got used on the old rs4 series of cars. I think its the ones on the bottom of the tree in this pic. They come on trees from a few of HPI's kits.
Yupe....I use the same one, from PRO 4, mount it at the farest hole on the carbon tower.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 03:48 PM   #3708
Tech Regular
 
tranced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 270
Default

thanks guys. who would have guessed, hpi recycling parts?
tranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 07:35 PM   #3709
Tech Master
 
drfritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Vancouver Wa usa
Posts: 1,769
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Thanks...I think i need to learn how to use SEARCH ENGINE on Tower.....
However, still, no clutch shoes for 0.8 gear box....at least, if your shoes wear out, what are you going to do...?
m I think I saw in a past post that the hpi r40 spur gears will work on the old reflex/ serpant two speeds, is this true.
the new two speed is a different design from the older two speed, been wanting to try .8 gears and this might be the way to go and alot cheaper to if I may say so.
WHATS ONE MORE MANUFACTOR ON MY CAR.
Kyosho evo with mugan rear up rights, serpent two speed and k factory shock towers and yokomo springs. and the thing rocks.
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:02 PM   #3710
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 974
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Johnnytc3
Default

Hey hpi r40 owners,

Will the mugen centax work for the r40? I just got an r40 and i already have 4 mugen clutches on my engines and it would be nice if it was a direct fit.
Thanks
Johnny
Johnnytc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:26 PM   #3711
Tech Addict
 
jscamry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oviedo,FL
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by 20 SMOKE
has any one found alum front hubs i was told there were some on ebay but could not find them any one know?
hey Jamie the front and rear arms are usually found on ebay but i searched buy found nothing. but here is an overseas link


J.
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:03 PM   #3712
Tech Fanatic
 
kidDynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by drfritz
m I think I saw in a past post that the hpi r40 spur gears will work on the old reflex/ serpant two speeds, is this true.
drfritz, I'm not sure about the Serpent but the Reflex two speed housing and spur are actually one piece. And it's a fixed 1.0 style gear.

There CLUTCH shoe however may work. I was told some manufacturers buy the same shoes from the same factory in asia due to a patent on design and material. I'll double check it. But who ever heard of anyone anyone following patent laws out there anyways.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:42 PM   #3713
Tech Master
 
drfritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Vancouver Wa usa
Posts: 1,769
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
drfritz, I'm not sure about the Serpent but the Reflex two speed housing and spur are actually one piece. And it's a fixed 1.0 style gear.

There CLUTCH shoe however may work. I was told some manufacturers buy the same shoes from the same factory in asia due to a patent on design and material. I'll double check it. But who ever heard of anyone anyone following patent laws out there anyways.
I do'nt think so, the 1.0 type sure look the same to me, the kyosho .8 second speed gear housing is one peice.
the only thing that might be different is maybe the bearing sizes, looks like that are direct copies of each other, which is good, I just paid over $48.00 for a new one two speed clutch housing, that 7.69 from hpi looks like a much nicer deal. for what they cost I would not be out a ton of cash.
just would like another option than having to pay the over price trinty stuff.

Last edited by drfritz; 08-26-2004 at 11:58 PM.
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:18 AM   #3714
Regional Moderator
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
but the Reflex two speed housing and spur are actually one piece. And it's a fixed 1.0 style gear.
Huh?....

No, the old Reflex 2-speed housing is just like most others. It uses a large nut to hold the spur gear onto the 2-speed housing. And while I can't say whether the R40's normal spurs will fit, they certainly are close in design.
__________________
TLR 22...Tamiya F104...
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:52 AM   #3715
Tech Fanatic
 
kidDynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
Huh?....

No, the old Reflex 2-speed housing is just like most others. It uses a large nut to hold the spur gear onto the 2-speed housing. And while I can't say whether the R40's normal spurs will fit, they certainly are close in design.
Darkseid, you're right. Sorry drfritz. I have an old reflex and I forgot I switched out the 2speed with my old RR Kyosho set because it was lighter.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:17 PM   #3716
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jscamry
hey Jamie the front and rear arms are usually found on ebay but i searched buy found nothing. but here is an overseas link


J.
There rear I wan't front to
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 05:56 PM   #3717
Tech Adept
 
MRWRX_69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 243
Default

hey guys i need a list on what fings to get rid of or a list of how to make a r40 lighter
on my r40 i have the following, alloy servo saver, alloy tray holders, graphite shock towers, alloy chassis stiffener, front alloy roll bar and a few other fings i need this list asap so i can improve my alredy improving r40,
MRWRX_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 06:28 PM   #3718
Tech Regular
 
treky11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by MRWRX_69
hey guys i need a list on what fings to get rid of or a list of how to make a r40 lighter
on my r40 i have the following, alloy servo saver, alloy tray holders, graphite shock towers, alloy chassis stiffener, front alloy roll bar and a few other fings i need this list asap so i can improve my alredy improving r40,
do a search or read through this r40 forum. there is already plenty posted on this topic
treky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 07:55 PM   #3719
Tech Regular
 
tranced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 270
Default

get: superchassy
get: hollow layshafts
get: ti screw kit
tranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:38 PM   #3720
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

1. shafts
2. two spd .8
the chassis only saves you 20g unless you find it cheep.
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New on Nitro and this forum Emaxx rider Rookie Zone 8 02-06-2008 07:21 AM
HPI Nitro MT 2 Forum Tom P Electric Off-Road 5 07-19-2004 06:26 PM
New Nitro R/C Forum Dantherc10man Web Links 0 08-09-2003 07:39 AM
Nitro car forum Rose Money Singapore R/C Racers 47 07-04-2002 08:49 PM
Nitro Forum ART2 Singapore R/C Racers 41 05-16-2002 10:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:55 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net