R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2004, 10:17 PM   #2866
Tech Regular
 
tranced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 270
Default

is that the rev2 .8 module 2 speed i see?
tranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 04:50 AM   #2867
Tech Elite
 
fastharry™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default

of course..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 07:52 AM   #2868
Tech Regular
 
tranced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 270
Default

did you also upgrade your sig ?

or should i say downgrade
tranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:39 AM   #2869
Tech Elite
 
PTP Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

i weighed my car after the mods i made i took off 90g and the car was completely different

it felt alot faster way more responsive

unfortunatly i had engine problems all day and eventually an engine failure that prevented me from a good finishing position

i guess my cheap used mt-12 wasnt ever going to be as fast as everyone elses x12 and all the 5 ports heck 1 guy runs a .15 5 port RB

we need a real 75cc fuel tank i was trying to stetch mileage and leaned the engine way too far out (still plenty of smoke from exhaust though )
__________________
Paycheck to Paycheck Racing
Jason Miller
PTP Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:43 AM   #2870
Tech Elite
 
fastharry™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tranced
did you also upgrade your sig ?

or should i say downgrade
how do you mean?..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:43 PM   #2871
B
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PTP Racing


i guess my cheap used mt-12 wasnt ever going to be as fast as everyone elses x12 and all the 5 ports heck 1 guy runs a .15 5 port RB

The MT12 is the same speed as the X12
I own both and that is what I have found.
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 05:02 PM   #2872
Tech Regular
 
tranced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 270
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
how do you mean?..
you turned your sig off.. its so unusual! im used to seeing your trail lol!
tranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 05:18 PM   #2873
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by B
The MT12 is the same speed as the X12
I own both and that is what I have found.
Not really true. There are 2 X12s.

RB X12 - more horsepower than MT12 but not a huge difference.
Mugen X12- NS based motor, big power difference.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 05:27 PM   #2874
Tech Elite
 
fastharry™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tranced
you turned your sig off.. its so unusual! im used to seeing your trail lol!
I know it takes up alot of reader space....and might annoy people......so I usually reserve it for the Serpent related replys..except for Marcos710....a good guy..

Last edited by fastharry™; 05-16-2004 at 06:09 PM.
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 05:29 PM   #2875
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Yowza!! For high speed freaks!



22/23/24 2nd pinions.



42T spur!!

Now you should hammer with this gearing.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 05:34 PM   #2876
Tech Regular
 
tranced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 270
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
I know it takes up alot of reader space....and might annoy people......so I usually reserve it for the Serpent related replys
wow ya hate your veteq that much eh ?

guys, my mugen centax mission failed. started to slip today, scuffed everything.. must just not like HPI hehe..

will go back to hpi centax.. im having a hard time finding a good setup.. gonna try hara's, even though im running on complete crap compared to revelation.. its a start!
tranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 06:12 PM   #2877
Tech Elite
 
fastharry™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Yowza!! For high speed freaks!



22/23/24 2nd pinions.



42T spur!!

Now you should hammer with this gearing.
this I find hard to believe......I buy the .08 module cause of the increased tall gearing....and HPI comes out with better gearing for the outdated trans......
__________________
www.fastharry.com---search "fastharry" on facebook
See Fastharry in Super Nitro racing at the HPI CHALLENGE...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzo-cBEnE0c
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 06:26 PM   #2878
B
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Not really true. There are 2 X12s.

RB X12 - more horsepower than MT12 but not a huge difference.
Mugen X12- NS based motor, big power difference.
haha, o yeah, i totally forgot about the Mugen one.
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 06:59 PM   #2879
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
this I find hard to believe......I buy the .08 module cause of the increased tall gearing....and HPI comes out with better gearing for the outdated trans......
I only found them on the European forum. Over there tracks are huge, so mayby they felt they are required. In any event I think they will likely do the same with the 0.8 module soon.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 07:01 PM   #2880
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PTP Racing
i weighed my car after the mods i made i took off 90g and the car was completely different

it felt alot faster way more responsive

unfortunatly i had engine problems all day and eventually an engine failure that prevented me from a good finishing position

i guess my cheap used mt-12 wasnt ever going to be as fast as everyone elses x12 and all the 5 ports heck 1 guy runs a .15 5 port RB

we need a real 75cc fuel tank i was trying to stetch mileage and leaned the engine way too far out (still plenty of smoke from exhaust though )
How much did your laptimes improve? For the tank issue you can use a Kyosho filter, works great.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New on Nitro and this forum Emaxx rider Rookie Zone 8 02-06-2008 07:21 AM
HPI Nitro MT 2 Forum Tom P Electric Off-Road 5 07-19-2004 06:26 PM
New Nitro R/C Forum Dantherc10man Web Links 0 08-09-2003 07:39 AM
Nitro car forum Rose Money Singapore R/C Racers 47 07-04-2002 08:49 PM
Nitro Forum ART2 Singapore R/C Racers 41 05-16-2002 10:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:25 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net