R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-29-2004, 08:41 AM   #2626
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i just bought the graphite hpi towers and now i am excited to install them thanks to fastharry

been having a hard time getting into wrenching lately for some reason

amg are those hpi parts?

ive got mugen pivot balls and im going to install them on the front of my car the ball on hpi and mugen measure 7.9mm and all the years i ran mugen i never bent or broke 1 plus i got em for free from a friend who has installed titanium pivot balls in his mtx3
Old 04-29-2004, 09:03 AM   #2627
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by HPIRACER310
Any one know how much lighter the HPI lightweight chassis is from the stock one?

-Chassis-
Stock 115.8g
HPI 73924 Option 93.1g

-2-speed-
Stock 60g
0.8m Light weight 87173 43.2g

Hope this helps

-t
Thad Garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:05 AM   #2628
Tech Regular

Hey Thad,

Get us all those Japanese options.
treky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:35 AM   #2629
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to goldenboy

fast harry was right on everyting, i got the new shock towers about 2 weeks ago and i raced last weekend and the car was just sooo much better, not really sure why the shock towers helped, but they did. also i run sidwinder prorace blend 30/10% and i will never go back to any other fuel, i love it now. i used to use monster, but now that =junk, and blue thunder has always =junk

amg, do you know when those parts are coming out, i already have the sideplate , but what about the tit. pivot balls?
goldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 10:42 AM   #2630
Tech Apprentice

FastHarry,

did you installed the graphite shock tower in the default setting (as mentionned in the setup sheet comming with it)? Or you played around a little bit with the settings?
Frag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:48 PM   #2631
Tech Regular

For anyone interested it looks like HPI listened and will have a couple of challenges again.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...255#post854255

Quote:
Originally posted by HPI Staff
OK, OK, don't blow this out of proportion guys, no need to burn your cars. Frank moved to Europe so we didn't want to commit to too many events without knowing who would run them. These events are not quite as easy as you make them sound, and we have 5 hobby shows this year instead of 1 like we used to. So, among all of our normal work we're scrambling to figure out who/what/where/when we can handle for the HPI Challenge.

We've always been more than fair with the events, we donate the entire entry fee to the host club, we buy nice trophies, each racer gets about twice the entry fee in free prizes, and we send two HPI employees to the event to help run everything. And then when it comes time for the HPI Finals we host a huge event and pay the airfare to a handful of winners. It's no wonder that you want us to have the races, they're fun and a great deal for racers. I can tell you that the job of organizing an event is not easy, our employees are usually frazzled by the time they get back home. I don't think we deserve the "have more races or I'll burn my cars and never support HPI again" attitude. Appreciate -- don't hate. Nobody guaranteed that we would continue to have races for eternity, they evolved, evolution sometimes means that things will change a little.

That said, we have some good news to announce. We're setting up at least two HPI Challenge touring car events, one hopefully hosted by Bruckner Hobbies and the other one hosted by the Austin, TX Hobbytown stores. We're looking at dates right now, we'll post the info as soon as possible so that people can make plans. Winners will be chosen for a free trip to Europe for the finals etc. etc. We hope to see you at the races.

Giddyup!

See you there boys. And I want my Glostarter back Contender!

treky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:58 PM   #2632
Tech Adept

frag,
i know i did, and it handles a lot better. so i think you should put them in the stokc holes also, at least for now, and then you could mess around and see if you get any better driving
Old 04-29-2004, 02:06 PM   #2633
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by goldenboy
frag,
i know i did, and it handles a lot better. so i think you should put them in the stokc holes also, at least for now, and then you could mess around and see if you get any better driving
My first feeling at the end of the assembly is that the R40 seems a little heavy. So I decided to install some lightweight parts on it.

I installed both graphite shock towers, the lightweight chassis, 2 speeds shafts, middle shafts and the new .8 pitch transmission. I just CAN't wait to run the beast on the track. It is way to clean for my taste by now.

[email protected] I feel like I will not miss my RS4-2 after all.

Last edited by Frag; 04-29-2004 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:23 PM   #2634
Tech Apprentice

**Double Post**
Old 04-29-2004, 02:29 PM   #2635
Tech Adept

yah i have what you have with a little more graphite parts here and there. but i got a question about the .8 transmission! what is it exactly, like what is different than the stock one??
Old 04-29-2004, 02:48 PM   #2636
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
yah i have what you have with a little more graphite parts here and there. but i got a question about the .8 transmission! what is it exactly, like what is different than the stock one??
The 0.8 pitch Lightweight is MUCH more lighter than the stock version. So it's less difficult for your motor to make it turn and it removes weight from the car.

I didn't ran it yet, but read in this thread somewhere that it will throw you to your max speed faster.

The only problem is that there is not much gear for that new transmission yet.

The stock transmission was considered as a flaw versus the HPI competitor. So HPI came back in force with that one.

It's now available at towerhobbies here: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=HPIC8717&P=K
Old 04-29-2004, 02:53 PM   #2637
Tech Adept

so the kit on tower.... what does it come with?...,..spur gears and all taht good stuff and the pinions, or do you not need the pinions??
Old 04-29-2004, 02:54 PM   #2638
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

One good thing about the new 2/spd is the new pitch you can fine tune your ratio now but to the averge racer you may not notice right away
Old 04-29-2004, 02:57 PM   #2639
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
so the kit on tower.... what does it come with?...,..spur gears and all taht good stuff and the pinions, or do you not need the pinions??
If it is the HPI 2/spd it comes with eveything
Old 04-29-2004, 03:31 PM   #2640
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Here ya go: