R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2004, 11:01 AM   #2431
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 146
Default

thanks 0b4,yeah wish my track was much cleaner also i was thinking narrower belts would be less subject to pebles has any one tried belts from other cars to see if the'll fit? thanks.
elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:49 PM   #2432
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

I had some one tell me about a screw kit that works on the r40. (chassis $75-100 for 20 grams) ($100-125 for 180 grams) that will put my car just at the limit. I was going to by the chassis but changed my mind when i find out who has it i will post it.
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:01 PM   #2433
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
I have a question about putting oil/grease in the diffs.

My buddy who has a R40 said don't put oil in the diffs because they'll leak. He recommended Associated Black Grease.

Is this true?
I have three diffs and none of them leak. Take your time building them and make sure the gasket gets seated right. Do up the 4 screws in a cross-wise way and check them all a few times. After you run the car a few times recheck that they are tightened down snug and you are done.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:03 PM   #2434
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default Re: Re: Re: 4 gear diff upgrade for r40

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGWX3&P=7
Good find Harry. This is the best way to buy these items. It should only run $18 or so, that price seems a bit high.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:05 PM   #2435
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by elephant
thanks 0b4,yeah wish my track was much cleaner also i was thinking narrower belts would be less subject to pebles has any one tried belts from other cars to see if the'll fit? thanks.
Nothing fits from my old V1R. The belts should be fine, my local track is pretty dirty and i have only had one rock incident. Belt did not break just messed up the pulley some.

If you have chronic belt and pulley damage you should seriously consider a shaft drive car. If your track is that badly maintained you will always be pulling rocks outta your car.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:07 PM   #2436
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by 20 SMOKE
I had some one tell me about a screw kit that works on the r40. (chassis $75-100 for 20 grams) ($100-125 for 180 grams) that will put my car just at the limit. I was going to by the chassis but changed my mind when i find out who has it i will post it.
I am having trouble understanding what you are saying here. Are you saying that one kit saves you 20 grams and the other saves you 180 grams?

I have the HPI titanium kit and from memory that saved me around 20-30 grams. I cannot see any screw kit saving more than that. Plus the HPI kit ran me like $45 not over $100.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:18 PM   #2437
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

is the chassis worth spending $75 to $100 depends were you buy it for 20g or 180 grams for $125. the guy said it took 6oz off the car and i checked a scale and it came to about 180g and it is a screw kit but i am going to chaeck on that. it does seem a little hard to beleave
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:19 PM   #2438
Tech Elite
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,668
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Could you please post the p/n for the hpi ti screw kit? HPI doesn't want to respond to my e-mails regarding product inquaries.

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
I am having trouble understanding what you are saying here. Are you saying that one kit saves you 20 grams and the other saves you 180 grams?

I have the HPI titanium kit and from memory that saved me around 20-30 grams. I cannot see any screw kit saving more than that. Plus the HPI kit ran me like $45 not over $100.
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:21 PM   #2439
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mtveten
Could you please post the p/n for the hpi ti screw kit? HPI doesn't want to respond to my e-mails regarding product inquaries.
Z368.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:22 PM   #2440
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by 20 SMOKE
is the chassis worth spending $75 to $100 depends were you buy it for 20g or 180 grams for $125. the guy said it took 6oz off the car and i checked a scale and it came to about 180g and it is a screw kit but i am going to chaeck on that. it does seem a little hard to beleave
It is impossible to save 180 grams with a screwset. The stock steel screws only weigh like 50-60 grams I think.

The lightweight chassis will only save you like 20-30 grams as well. I would not buy it just to save that weight.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:40 PM   #2441
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 70
Post Alloy Steel Machine Hex Screws

Hi guys,

do one of you tried those screws? What do you think about that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...187174209&rd=1
Frag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 07:01 PM   #2442
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
It is impossible to save 180 grams with a screwset. The stock steel screws only weigh like 50-60 grams I think.

The lightweight chassis will only save you like 20-30 grams as well. I would not buy it just to save that weight.
thats why i said its a little hard to beleave, i agree 20 to 30 not much for a $100 when i find out this weekend i'll put it here.
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 07:04 PM   #2443
Tech Elite
 
J.Gonzalez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: connecticut
Posts: 2,409
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default more diff questions

Thanks for the link...guess I will just have to wait until it is availble....What are diff lube are you guys using with one way in hte front ...10k,30k,50k.

What are the reasons for going heavy or lighter
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 07:50 PM   #2444
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: west grove PA
Posts: 19
Default r40 parts

where does everyone get their parts ?
bigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 07:54 PM   #2445
Tech Master
 
DOMOisCOOL's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Daly City, California, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,914
Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL
Default

Local Hobby Shop or www.towerhobbies.com
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New on Nitro and this forum Emaxx rider Rookie Zone 8 02-06-2008 07:21 AM
HPI Nitro MT 2 Forum Tom P Electric Off-Road 5 07-19-2004 06:26 PM
New Nitro R/C Forum Dantherc10man Web Links 0 08-09-2003 07:39 AM
Nitro car forum Rose Money Singapore R/C Racers 47 07-04-2002 08:49 PM
Nitro Forum ART2 Singapore R/C Racers 41 05-16-2002 10:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:18 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net