R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-15-2004, 01:59 PM   #1966
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.S710
i never said that i didnt like the r40 , i own an r40 also!!and if you read the quote from earlier it was left by someone else it was left by this person so read the post completely next time, and if i annoy you you havent seen anything yet so quit
Why would you post someone elses post here in the first place?
burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:06 PM   #1967
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So, basically what was the point of showing everyone here that guys post? I think THATS what everyone is wondering about.

What was the point?

What did it offer?

Who did it help?

Did it have a point what so ever?

You can go into any thread on this board and find a post about someone who switch from one car to another. So if you weren't doing it just to be annoying, why was that one post on the Serpent thread any different.

Where are the post about a guy switching from the B4 to the XXX BK2, or a guy switching from the XXX-S to the Pro4? If you weren't trying to start stuff buy posting that, then it didn't make any more sense to post that here than if you had posted one of the examples from above.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:15 PM   #1968
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
I think I saw enough S710 vs R40 post and trash talking including the stupid ass pictures..........Come on guys, GROW UP and PROVE that your ride are better then the OTHERS instead of making those stupid pictures or saying crap about your car is sucks and my car is better......

You can only say YOUR DRIVING skill is better......I do not think either the R40 or S710 is better then each other.....

Talk like a grown up and deal with the R40 or S710 under its own thread..........if you guys are totally against what I am saying, I am absolutely disappointed about this R40 thread....

At least I don't see those S710 people start the R40 bashing marathron once in a while, they are all minding their own S710 business...
I have to agree with you. I don't come to the thread half as much as I used to, simply because I know that every 10 post or so, somebody is going to be either taking a shot at the Serpent guys, or one of them is going to be taking a shot at the R40. It gets old.......and REALLY boring!

Why Serpent anyway? Theres how many different nitroTC company's out there? Why specifically Serpent? At least when I owned my Reflex, I understood the non-sense between the Trinity and Kyosho threads. The cars were virtually identical. But theres nothing like that with HPI and Serpent. This crap with Serpent I just don't get it.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:21 PM   #1969
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Talk about a bad weekend... Sat, we did ran 3 quilifies. On my 2nd try, 30 seconds to go, (which by the way is when I'm running out of gas) my RB Rody blew the crank shaft. Not good. We packed up, and rushed to work (70 miles away, at a hobby shop) to find that the only engine I had left ROAR legal was the OS CV-TR. I took it, broke it in, and went back on Sunday. (Full Throttle Speedway, Kissimee FL) and ended up on the bump in "A" main. Boy was I getting smoked in the 200+ ft straights. But the car did very well in the infield.

I did my 30 minute main with the OS, but couldn't get it to run cool. At 20 minutes, it was over 280 deg F. If it went any richer, it was a real dog. At 280+, at the 5 minute mark, it was out of gas.

What's a good "Big track" motor for the R40? I was looking at the Novarossi NS12S3A1
Old 03-15-2004, 02:22 PM   #1970
Tech Regular

Quote:

s left by this person so read the post completely next time, and if i annoy you you havent seen anything yet so quit
Hey Marcos. Your obviously a moron. Anyone that wants to brag about annoying someone is a moron. Sorry, but I call them like I see them.

If you want to post here about the R40 fine, but don't be a MORON about it.

Don't bother replying to me as I will NEVER see it. You have been added to my "Edit Ignore List" of users. So if you want to attempt to annoy others with your moronic posts go ahead.

TO all others. I encourage you to go to the control panel section, choose Edit Ignore List and add Marcos to your list.

It won't matter to any of us if he posts or not if we can't see him. And he'll probably get along with himself a lot better when he only has himself to argue with.

treky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:28 PM   #1971
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by treky11
Hey Marcos. Your obviously a moron. Anyone that wants to brag about annoying someone is a moron. Sorry, but I call them like I see them.

If you want to post here about the R40 fine, but don't be a MORON about it.

Don't bother replying to me as I will NEVER see it. You have been added to my "Edit Ignore List" of users. So if you want to attempt to annoy others with your moronic posts go ahead.

TO all others. I encourage you to go to the control panel section, choose Edit Ignore List and add Marcos to your list.

It won't matter to any of us if he posts or not if we can't see him. And he'll probably get along with himself a lot better when he only has himself to argue with.

Last edited by Marcos.J; 03-15-2004 at 02:38 PM.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:35 PM   #1972
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jea3
Talk about a bad weekend... Sat, we did ran 3 quilifies. On my 2nd try, 30 seconds to go, (which by the way is when I'm running out of gas) my RB Rody blew the crank shaft. Not good. We packed up, and rushed to work (70 miles away, at a hobby shop) to find that the only engine I had left ROAR legal was the OS CV-TR. I took it, broke it in, and went back on Sunday. (Full Throttle Speedway, Kissimee FL) and ended up on the bump in "A" main. Boy was I getting smoked in the 200+ ft straights. But the car did very well in the infield.

I did my 30 minute main with the OS, but couldn't get it to run cool. At 20 minutes, it was over 280 deg F. If it went any richer, it was a real dog. At 280+, at the 5 minute mark, it was out of gas.

What's a good "Big track" motor for the R40? I was looking at the Novarossi NS12S3A1
i have the os tr on my car also , ,you can add one tooth to your second gear pinion on your clutch bell and run 30% nitro thats what i have on my car and it ran at 258 degrees,with plenty of power on the top end. i also have the Novarossi NS12S3A1 modified and it has a little bit more top end than the tr but the tr has alot more punch out of the turns. we are going to be testing on wednesday if you want to join us.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:59 PM   #1973
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
I have to agree with you. I don't come to the thread half as much as I used to, simply because I know that every 10 post or so, somebody is going to be either taking a shot at the Serpent guys, or one of them is going to be taking a shot at the R40. It gets old.......and REALLY boring!

Why Serpent anyway? Theres how many different nitroTC company's out there? Why specifically Serpent? At least when I owned my Reflex, I understood the non-sense between the Trinity and Kyosho threads. The cars were virtually identical. But theres nothing like that with HPI and Serpent. This crap with Serpent I just don't get it.
I have to agree with Darkseid.
What is the real beef between HPI and Serpent and vise versa?
Are people still mad about the whole Veteq thing?
All the touring cars that are out are top notch.
If you base your decision about which car is better by what car wins a major race, I guess Kyosho has the best car out right now.
There are people that are dogging the 710 because there are some parts that are weak.
Well, that's why they're making new parts for it, so it won't break as easy.
There are people that are dogging the R40 because they thing it's too heavy.
Well, that's why HPI is coming out with a new car and an upgrade kit.
We should be happy that both companies are listening to their customers and doing something about the weaknesses of their cars.
I still don't see why people are always trying to say one car is better than the other.
The real argument should be who is a better driver than the other.
That's what it all comes down to at a race.
It doesn't matter what equipment you have.
It's all about the guy driving the car.
Come on now.
Let's put all this bashing to rest.
These forums are here for us to help each other to become better drivers and understand what everything on the car does.
Do you not help someone at the track just because they have a certain brand car?
Why do that here?
ChrisBlack310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:03 PM   #1974
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBlack310
If you base your decision about which car is better by what car wins a major race, I guess Kyosho has the best car out right now.
There are people that are dogging the 710 because there are some parts that are weak.
We should be happy that both companies are listening to their customers and doing something about the weaknesses of their cars.
I still don't see why people are always trying to say one car is better than the other.
Come on now.
These forums are here for us to help each other to become better drivers and understand what everything on the car does.
Do you not help someone at the track just because they have a certain brand car?
Why do that here?
That is very well said
good for you buddy
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:12 PM   #1975
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBlack310
Come on now.
Why do that here?
Well said Chris.
I agree with you 100%
PSI Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:18 PM   #1976
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rod_b
The HPI carbon shock towers seem to have an extended area where you can put body mounts...is anyone using them? I have the shock towers but I don't feel completely comfortable having the body mounted to the shock tower. It just doesn't seem all that sturdy. Anyone try them that way?
Yep they work fine. Use the Pro 4 style body posts. Lots of cars have the rear body mounts directly on the tower, it may increase the risk of breaking the rear tower, but not significantly.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:19 PM   #1977
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

Quote:
Originally posted by myself nowhere
I am getting rid of my NTC3 and going solely with the R40
Hey, look what someone posted... J/K

Just trying to lighten the mood. Anyway lets all just be happy with what we have.

Why the R40 vs 710? Because the 710 is the latest and greatest and because the R40 has a National Championship under it's belt. It's easy to pick on the HPI because HPI makes toys and Serpent and Mugen make "race" cars. I think too many people get caught up in the brand name wars. Personally, if I beat someone I'd like to believe that "I" beat "them." Not my car beat that car. Actually if you think about it...it would be kinda funny at the end of the main to say "well yeah of course you won, you drive a [fill in car here]. You're not good enough to beat me with a car like mine"

LOL
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:21 PM   #1978
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Jea3

There is no good motor for any given car. The TR is an OK motor but lacks top end. You need to gear up big time. Even then you will top out on a 200+ foot straight. In this case you will heat the motor up excessively as you discovered. What you can do to remedy that is add some head shims. Try .1mm increments.

Any of the NS series Novas loves the big tracks. The V series RBs are great and all of the JP motors. Also STS makes a great motor called a D3 which works very well.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:22 PM   #1979
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

To give my view of why their seems to be a rift between Serpent and HPI seems to stem from the 2003 ROAR nationals. Many in the Serpent camp did not like the fact the Hara was not an American citizen (even though he met the qualifications on residency to race the race from what I was told) and that HPI, an inferior product to theirs in their mind, won on it first time out at a major event. Many in the Serpent camp feels that their product is superior to everyone else's and ROAR has usually modified their rules to accomodate Serpent, Inc (being sarcastic). Many from my area when to the race as spectators (and close friends to Ralph Burch) and cried about how Ralph and Serpent got ripped off from a win (these guys are also on the Serpent bandwagon). But, these guys did not complain about Baker's second place showing behind Hara (seems to have no problems with Associated). Many of the Serpent owners here cannot believe that I compete, and beat on occasions, with such an inferior product as an HPI car (heck, I did the same with my Racer 2). But, until the Serpent camp gets over the fact that HPI is not an inferior product to theirs, this will always be an issue.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:23 PM   #1980
Tech Elite

Quote:
i have the os tr on my car also , ,you can add one tooth to your second gear pinion on your clutch bell and run 30% nitro thats what i have on my car and it ran at 258 degrees,with plenty of power on the top end. i also have the Novarossi NS12S3A1 modified and it has a little bit more top end than the tr but the tr has alot more punch out of the turns. we are going to be testing on wednesday if you want to join us.
If this is what you have found:

i also have the Novarossi NS12S3A1 modified and it has a little bit more top end than the tr but the tr has alot more punch out of the turns.

you are doing something VERY VERY wrong. What is modified in the Novarossi and who did it? Cause it sounds like they killed your motor. There is no way a TR is only marginally slower with a properly tuned NS12 with correct gearing, clutch and 2 speed settings UNLESS your track is ultra short and tight.