R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-14-2004, 05:40 PM   #1951
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by PTP Racing
what kind of bodies are you guys running?

i mounted a new mazda 6 body today and the rear mount is under the rear wing

i was looking for a stratus 2.1 but couldnt find 1

has anyone used the rdlogic stratus body? if it fits well i am probably going to run that

anyone know what body hara ran when he won the nats?

i cant wait to get this thjing on the track i wish it would warm up a little here
Heheh so many questions. I run a Stratus 2.1, Alfa 2.1, 300M and Mazda 6 as the conditions and track dictates. All are good in their own ways. For the Mazda 6 you can make the wing fit, you have to use the middle or front hole on the wing and the rear most hole in teh wing support on the body. Or use the Hara rear shock towers with the wider and more forward body mounting posts.

Hara won with a Losi Alfa.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 05:42 PM   #1952
Tech Elite

Quote:
oh and getting those wires installed correctly was nearly impossible i finally wrapped the wires in electrical tape making them into a harness and that way i was able to get them where i wanted

also does anyone know what shore the kit tires are? my guess is a 42 front and a 37 rear seems like an odd combination

i installed the lightened 2 speed shaft and midshaft and one way hopefully that will help the heavy drivetrain also switched to 30k mugen rear diff fluid
Depends on where you bought your kit. American kits are 40/40, Asian 40/37 and European 37/37.

*EDIT* Whoops......... Try again..........

Depends on where you bought your kit. American kits are 40/37, Asian 40/40 and European 37/37.

Last edited by AMGRacer; 03-14-2004 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:52 PM   #1953
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

hey....AMG..just wanted to tell you you are doing one hell of a job helping people...As well as the ringleader of another thread on RC tech......(of course,you spend more of your time racing rather than helping people since the R40 runs so well out of the box)......

Its gonna be warm in NJ in the USA soon....and I'll soon be racing......Can't WAIT to get them wolf skinned baby lamb 710
s on the track......
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 07:01 PM   #1954
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
hey....AMG..just wanted to tell you you are doing one hell of a job helping people...As well as the ringleader of another thread on RC tech......(of course,you spend more of your time racing rather than helping people since the R40 runs so well out of the box)......

Its gonna be warm in NJ in the USA soon....and I'll soon be racing......Can't WAIT to get them wolf skinned baby lamb 710
s on the track......
Thanks Harry! I had a bit of a shocker on the weekend however Sometimes it is one of those days I guess...........

First race ran out of fuel! (Too much exhaust timing...........) Second race crashed as I came into refuel before the start (whoops) and locked my brakes on! Third race stalled on the darned starline!! Qualified 8th and started 8th on the grid. Finally got my car sorted for the final but my tires were wrong (!) and I had to baby the car around. Moved up to 3rd place and was hunting 2nd place down but overdrove it and crashed and pushed my body onto the front wheel. Finished 5th in the end
Old 03-14-2004, 09:53 PM   #1955
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Race Now!

Fast Harry,
come on down the last sunday of the month for the local trophy race at HobbyChamber.com in West Haven, CT. You can run with us anytime you want, and bring friends.!!! We get approx 30-40 ppl on a given day. I run a fast top two-three usually. Let me know I can give you some other info. High grip, and very fast indoor asphalt track. It is truely awesome, I have been running all winter, almost every week.
Anyone going to email me the editable setup sheet, the one from HPI I cant edit., unless I print it, write it in, and scan it, way to much work.

The Ace's race team will be there for sure!
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 09:59 PM   #1956
Tech Elite

Default Re: Race Now!

Quote:
Originally posted by Vr6vroom
Fast Harry,
come on down the last sunday of the month for the local trophy race at HobbyChamber.com in West Haven, CT. You can run with us anytime you want, and bring friends.!!! We get approx 30-40 ppl on a given day. I run a fast top two-three usually. Let me know I can give you some other info. High grip, and very fast indoor asphalt track. It is truely awesome, I have been running all winter, almost every week.
Anyone going to email me the editable setup sheet, the one from HPI I cant edit., unless I print it, write it in, and scan it, way to much work.

The Ace's race team will be there for sure!
I cant edit the darned thing either, I think there is some underling Japanese language elements in the .pdf which is messing with my old copy of Adobe. Just print them out like I do and whack them into a folder
Old 03-15-2004, 08:25 AM   #1957
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
what kind of bodies are you guys running?

i mounted a new mazda 6 body today and the rear mount is under the rear wing

i was looking for a stratus 2.1 but couldnt find 1

has anyone used the rdlogic stratus body? if it fits well i am probably going to run that

anyone know what body hara ran when he won the nats?

i cant wait to get this thjing on the track i wish it would warm up a little here
Same thing happened with my Mazda 6 body. I just mounted the wing all the way back and that leaves plenty of room to get to the body clips. Or you can cut the first leading edge off the wing and make it not so deep. That would allow you to mount it forward more, but you'll lose some surface area off the wing.

The other bodies I'm going to try is my Stratus 2.1 from last season(to compare it to the Mazda 6) and a Lola body since our expert class allows them to be used.

Last edited by Darkseid; 03-15-2004 at 01:57 PM.
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 09:38 AM   #1958
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yeah i did the same thing with the wing

soon i will start getting somemore hop-ups like the hara shock towers

going to try and run some laps today during lunch break
Old 03-15-2004, 09:46 AM   #1959
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

The HPI carbon shock towers seem to have an extended area where you can put body mounts...is anyone using them? I have the shock towers but I don't feel completely comfortable having the body mounted to the shock tower. It just doesn't seem all that sturdy. Anyone try them that way?
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:09 AM   #1960
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default some one posted this on the serpent forum

Quote:
Originally posted by rodrigo1508
Well I have just got back from my LHS with a snake under my arm, I am still a little unsure of my decision (you are welcome to give support) of getting rid of my r40 and buy a 710.
Well I will start building and see what happens
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:56 AM   #1961
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

I think I saw enough S710 vs R40 post and trash talking including the stupid ass pictures..........Come on guys, GROW UP and PROVE that your ride are better then the OTHERS instead of making those stupid pictures or saying crap about your car is sucks and my car is better......

You can only say YOUR DRIVING skill is better......I do not think either the R40 or S710 is better then each other.....

Talk like a grown up and deal with the R40 or S710 under its own thread..........if you guys are totally against what I am saying, I am absolutely disappointed about this R40 thread....

At least I don't see those S710 people start the R40 bashing marathron once in a while, they are all minding their own S710 business...
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:02 PM   #1962
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
I think I saw enough S710 vs R40 post and trash talking including the stupid ass pictures..........Come on guys, GROW UP and PROVE that your ride are better then the OTHERS instead of making those stupid pictures or saying crap about your car is sucks and my car is better......

You can only say YOUR DRIVING skill is better......I do not think either the R40 or S710 is better then each other.....

Talk like a grown up and deal with the R40 or S710 under its own thread..........if you guys are totally against what I am saying, I am absolutely disappointed about this R40 thread....

At least I don't see those S710 people start the R40 bashing marathron once in a while, they are all minding their own S710 business...
oh im scared, i was just commenting of what was said in that forum ,chill out.i have both cars so by the same drving skills applied to both cars i can say wich one is better than the two from my point of view thats all. is not my fault that this person converted over , (fastharry i will wait for your comments that always follow)
Old 03-15-2004, 12:12 PM   #1963
Tech Apprentice

You know, who cares who has what car? Most serious racers buy a new car every year anyway. Chances are, it won't be the same one they have now.

I started with an OB4 Nitro, then bought an Impulse, then an NTC3, now an R40. Non of the car's I have owned have been perfect, but they have all been better than the previous one. At this level, any of these cars can win with the right driver.

I did think of a good bash on the Serpent cars, not that it means I don't like Serpent. They changed the names to numbers to remember how much to charge. $710, $835, $950.

Yes, it's a joke.
burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:32 PM   #1964
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have to agree with Rookie Solara on this one. Marco.S710: if you don't like the R40, sell it to someone who may appreciate it and quit taking pot shots on this thread. You have a habit of doing that and it is starting to annoy others on the thread. If you love Serpent, that is fine. Stick with just that brand of car (which changes every 6 months) and roll with it. I, and many others, like our cars, own and have owned many other, and try to keep our criticisms constructive (as far as what we can do to improve flaws we have found).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:46 PM   #1965
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by JLock
I have to agree with Rookie Solara on this one. Marco.S710: if you don't like the R40, sell it to someone who may appreciate it and quit taking pot shots on this thread. You have a habit of doing that and it is starting to annoy others on the thread. If you love Serpent, that is fine. Stick with just that brand of car (which changes every 6 months) and roll with it. I, and many others, like our cars, own and have owned many other, and try to keep our criticisms constructive (as far as what we can do to improve flaws we have found).
i never said that i didnt like the r40 , i own an r40 also!!and if you read the quote from earlier it was left by someone else it was left by this person
Quote:
Originally posted by rodrigo1508
Well I have just got back from my LHS with a snake under my arm, I am still a little unsure of my decision (you are welcome to give support) of getting rid of my r40 and buy a 710.
so read the post completely next time, and if i annoy you you havent seen anything yet so quit