Tech Rookie

LILROBBY i've had the same questions and found most of my answers here:

http://www.rctek.com/info_centax_clutch.html

http://www.teamtrinity.com/tech/clutchtune.asp

hope this helps
smz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 07:28 PM   #1847
Tech Regular

it gets me kinda angry that i dished out over 300 for the R40 and misc. hop ups, while the 04 spec comes complete for that much.. i dont even have half the stuff of the 04 spec!
tranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:23 PM   #1848
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to S-T-R-l-K-E-R

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Does anybody have the new top deck yet?

One thing I hate about the R40 is how tough it is to get the motor out. Looks like this topdeck might give more clearance for getting it out. Anybody know?

i have all this installed on my r40 and its quite light. however in regards to your question. NO the engine is just as tough to remove. it really is just all the same with the stock top deck. its just lighter.
S-T-R-l-K-E-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:53 PM   #1849
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

does anyone have, or know anywhere I can find nice, clear large pictures of the R40?

I tried the HPI website, but not very satisfied... Anyone got pics of the car with mods?

thx in advance
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 07:42 AM   #1850
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by tranced
it gets me kinda angry that i dished out over 300 for the R40 and misc. hop ups, while the 04 spec comes complete for that much.. i dont even have half the stuff of the 04 spec!
Welcome to the same anger that the Losi, Yokomo and Associated kit users have gone through for years. Just when you get just about all the hop ups for a kit, then comes the "factory", "worlds", "so&so edition", etc... kit.

By this point, most RC people have come to expect this...
Old 03-04-2004, 10:12 AM   #1851
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: R40

Quote:
No website sorry. Email to [email protected]
They do have a website, but only 1 page website that you cannot order online............you still have to email MR. LAM (the owner) and list the parts and parts number and have him to quote you with shipping.

Mr. Lam is very nice.........I got all my Nova Rossi and Serpent parts from him (if I cannot get those in USA)....

www.harmonymodel.com.hk if you care to look....and HSC is from Hong Kong, just like Rcmodel.com.hk or Dinball.com.hk....etc
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:15 AM   #1852
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by tranced
Serpent 705 said the same thing over the Serpent 710 thread....at the end, they sold their almost new 705 for $150 each and dished out another $360 for the 710.......

I think that is the typical PLAN for all RC mfr........someone mentioned Kyosho and Tamiya did that as well.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:34 AM   #1853
Tech Champion

Quote:
The Japanese model R40 comes with a front oneway and the alloy shocks. The US model comes with the front diff and plastic shocks. I think they are showing the Japanese model in the picture. If you notice this model also does not have the titanium screwset whereas it is mentioned in the parts listing.
I was always wondering what were the different between the 821 and 30821 kit................thanks for the info.
If that is the case..........I will have no choice to order it thru HK or JAPAN....in order to get the better parts for less money.

WHY US always get the lower quality version........REAL CAR is the same (still no SKYLINE R34), now even RC car is still the 2nd best...
Old 03-04-2004, 01:53 PM   #1854
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
WHY US always get the lower quality version........REAL CAR is the same (still no SKYLINE R34), now even RC car is still the 2nd best...
Well isn't it obvious......the world hates us!

Seriously though, you can add one more thing to the list. Video games always launch over seas first. In particular, special packs that include bonus stuff always seems to hit other countries first, or only hit in other countries. The US people are left to either drool in envy, or pay insane cost to get the stuff over seas...

go figure...
Old 03-05-2004, 02:06 AM   #1855
Tech Adept

Hi as you may know I cant find 30000wt oil for my r40 but I did find some 10000wt would it be too bad it is for the spider diff mod
rodrigo1508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:04 AM   #1856
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
Well isn't it obvious......the world hates us!

Seriously though, you can add one more thing to the list. Video games always launch over seas first. In particular, special packs that include bonus stuff always seems to hit other countries first, or only hit in other countries. The US people are left to either drool in envy, or pay insane cost to get the stuff over seas...

go figure...
Can you imagine our life (in USA or other places) without INTERNET...................what would that be?

No ebay, no online order, no online tracking....? About Video game.....I still haven't see any INITIAL D games at local store...NOTHING.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:37 PM   #1857
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to LILROBBY

yes, you might have to actually visit and support you lhs that would be just terrible!!!!

Associated T4
Associated Rc8 electric?
Associated TC5
LILROBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 09:37 PM   #1858
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by LILROBBY
yes, you might have to actually visit and support you lhs that would be just terrible!!!!
Save that stuff for someone who hasn't already been there. I have supported my lhs to no end, only to have them screw me on several occasions. I have three kids and a limited RC budget, and if I can find something I'm looking for for $10-$20 less(even after I account for shipping cost) online, you think I'm not going to go that route? Pleazzzzze...

As far as I'm concerned, that call for "support your lhs" only goes for the people who have money to burn. I buy what I can or what is convenient from the lhs, but I'm not going to throw money away either.

And thats not even mentioning whether or not you have a lhs within' a decent range. I spent insane amounts of money in my local HobbyTownUSA, only to have them close up shop and sell out their space to the fabric store next door! No new location, no nothing...just gone. Now that leaves my nearest 'RC supported' lhs almost an hour away in any direction.

Support your lhs indeed...

But me....I'm okay............I'm not bitter or anything!
Old 03-05-2004, 10:01 PM   #1859
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to LILROBBY

dude you need to chill!!! just because you supported your lhs doesnt mean everyone else did. maybe it was just bad management.

Associated T4
Associated Rc8 electric?
Associated TC5
LILROBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 03:24 AM   #1860
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

i wouldnt actively support my LHS, and i work there .

money is money and if i can save money elsewhere then why bother? hobby stores are a business, and if they cant compete then thats the owners problem; they can lower the margin on major items like cars and electronics and concentrate earning profits elsewhere, like in accessories needed for these cars. god forbid they actually have to lift a lazy finger to type up and order and keep these parts in stock!

dont get me wrong, we need local hobbyshops to support this hobby. they make excellent places for meets, shooting the bull, etc and of course racing if they have an adequate track. but when owners are too lazy to stock parts or try to rape our wallets with insane prices, then it just turns ugly and no one wins.

icon is offline   Reply With Quote