thanx solara
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:06 PM   #1817
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
You better hope none of the "silver bullet devotees" hear you say that..esp "slow" marcos....
hey slow harry i have both the R40 and the 710 so does it matter that my laps are faster in the 710 than the R40 ,running identical motors and pipe!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:11 PM   #1818
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to S-T-R-l-K-E-R

the bottom of pipe seems to get all scratched up and eventually a hole appears underneath the pipe. does this happen to you people as well? is it because i didnt set my up stops properly? is it cause i have my car's ride height set too low? or it rols too much.

just need your $.02 why this is happenning
S-T-R-l-K-E-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:07 AM   #1819
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

striker:

maybe a little of everything. in race trim most people use around 5mm of ground clearance, so that is pretty low to the ground. add that with a softer suspension setting and your car may roll more causing your pipe to wear out. also it depends on how low you mounted your pipe to begin with because you shouldnt have to sacrifice your suspension tuning to compensate for your pipe not getting scratched.

marcos:

seems to me that you may be better off with the 710 and just getting rid of the R40 since you like the latter car more. and to explain why you are faster with the 710 perhaps you have a setting more suited on that particular car or you simply drive better with the 710 on those particular settings than the R40 with the same or similar settings.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 06:24 AM   #1820
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by icon
striker:

maybe a little of everything. in race trim most people use around 5mm of ground clearance, so that is pretty low to the ground. add that with a softer suspension setting and your car may roll more causing your pipe to wear out. also it depends on how low you mounted your pipe to begin with because you shouldnt have to sacrifice your suspension tuning to compensate for your pipe not getting scratched.

marcos:

seems to me that you may be better off with the 710 and just getting rid of the R40 since you like the latter car more. and to explain why you are faster with the 710 perhaps you have a setting more suited on that particular car or you simply drive better with the 710 on those particular settings than the R40 with the same or similar settings.
i agree with with your comments.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:22 AM   #1821
Tech Regular

remember one thing. 6 fast laps in 90 seconds and a broken rear end or shock tower don't win the race. but 20 almost as fast laps in 300 seconds will.

Enjoy your 710!

Buh-bye.
treky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 07:27 AM   #1822
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by treky11
remember one thing. 6 fast laps in 90 seconds and a broken rear end or shock tower don't win the race. but 20 almost as fast laps in 300 seconds will.

Enjoy your 710!

Buh-bye.
i have raced the 710 in 8 races and havent broke a single part. I guess if you dont wreck you dont brake!
Old 03-03-2004, 07:42 AM   #1823
Super Moderator

Default R40

Is the R40 going to be legal for this years HPI Challenge?
Old 03-03-2004, 08:14 AM   #1824
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b
Default Re: R40

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.S710
Marcos.S710 - There should be no reason that it wouldn't be. It was legal for the HPI World Finals last year.

Is there any particular reason that you keep hanging around in this thread? You don't race the car and you don't even like it. That's fine if you love your 710...please feel free to share your feelings in the 710 thread. But hanging around here trying to tell everyone the 710 is better is getting kinda old and doesn't even matter to the people who like their R40s. We're all trying to share constructive opinions and ideas here and I just don't want to see this thread turn into bash fest.

AMGracer - Where did you get the Ti screw kit from?
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:33 AM   #1825
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: R40

Quote:
Originally posted by rod_b
Marcos.S710 - There should be no reason that it wouldn't be. It was legal for the HPI World Finals last year.

Is there any particular reason that you keep hanging around in this thread? You don't race the car and you don't even like it. That's fine if you love your 710...please feel free to share your feelings in the 710 thread. But hanging around here trying to tell everyone the 710 is better is getting kinda old and doesn't even matter to the people who like their R40s. We're all trying to share constructive opinions and ideas here and I just don't want to see this thread turn into bash fest.

AMGracer - Where did you get the Ti screw kit from?
i do own a R40 and i still race my R40 it is my second car !! Thank you very much and as long as i own it i will post on this forum.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:38 AM   #1826
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

rob_d: thats about as polite as I've ever heard anyone to tell someone to 'go away'! Man, I have a couple telemarketers that I need you to speak to!

It would seem that after the first time saying 'my other car is better', that that would be enough. Maybe he just likes the company over here better.

Some of us here are to blame as well. I swear we spend almost as much time here discussing or just plain dissing the Serpent cars as we do talking about the R40.

Wouldn't it be simpler to keep discussion of a particular car on that particular thread....just a thought.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:44 AM   #1827
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: R40

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.S710
and as long as i own it i will post on this forum.
And its certainly your right to do so. But it still doesn't give you the right to try and stir up trouble. But it does lead one to ask the question, if the other car is better, then why keep the slower one? You can only race one at a time.

And if you still have your R40, then why is the only car you talk about on this thread your Serpent? Do you constantly talk about your R40 on the Serpent thread???

Anyway, I think all he was saying is that if your going to be here, can you at least talk about the R40.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:48 AM   #1828
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: R40

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
And its certainly your right to do so. But it still doesn't give you the right to try and stir up trouble. But it does lead one to ask the question, if the other car is better, then why keep the slower one? You can only race one at a time.

And if you still have your R40, then why is the only car you talk about on this thread your Serpent? Do you constantly talk about your R40 on the Serpent thread???

Anyway, I think all he was saying is that if your going to be here, can you at least talk about the R40.
i did asked a question
Quote:
i wanted to know before i get the conversion kit to test and tune the car and get ready for the challenge.Hopefully my local track will host the event again this year.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:22 AM   #1829
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
QUOTE FROM ROOKIE SOLARA>..........................................
huh...and I thought Serpent arranged to have this car walk on water in Mel Gibson's Sequel...
Thanks Harry, now you just put me into the bad position at the Serpent camp...............

So what are you going to do with your R40...? Upgrade or new R40 04 spec?
Do you think those alum coilover are standard on the 04 spec or those are for the presentation only....? Cause they were not listed on the 04 spec.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:34 AM   #1830
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

But I have to say, everyone into 200mm TC should download the Serpent SETUP manuel for the 710, especially the last couple pages where it shown the TROUBLE SHOOTING.

It gives you step 1 to 8 of how to correct your car's handling problem, almost ALL of them will apply to any TC, not just Serpent's TC.

Very very detail and usefull handbook of TC.

Download it here...

http://www.mytsn.com/products/dnlfil...etSAMPLE%2Epdf
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote