R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-26-2003, 01:14 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to DraKhen99
Default Nitro TC3 ... toughest car I've ever seen!

Hey all,

I just picked up a [barely] used Nitro TC3 from a guy who runs outside of my LHS on Friday nights...

and before even handing over the money, someone got on my channel, and the car TOOK OFF!!!! This was my first runaway ever, since I hadn't even had a chance to put in my 75mhz AM receiver and OFNA Failsafe.

So the car took off, made a right turn, hit a curb, cartwheeled 7 or 8 times, and then spun in little circles for about 30 seconds, before I got to it and yanked off the fuel tubing [only thing I could think of at the time, what with all the adrenaline pumping through my system!].

Total damage: One shock MOUNTING bolt, not even the shock shaft, two body stops [those little rings that keep the body from going down too far on the body posts], and a bent wheel.

Chassis wasn't even tweaked...

This is by far the toughest RTR nitro car I've ever seen.

Oh, and BTW, the TC3 is a RTR, and the only hop-up I know of is that the original owner added the 2 speed.

And wow, they say it's a fast car, but it is 10 times smoother to drive than my RS4 RTR 3 and its ALLOT faster too!!! Team Associated, I am VERY impressed! I realize that the RS4 and TC3 shouldn't be compared, but I can't help it, and it is SICK how it's night and day between the two!

So anyway, enough reading for you, has anyone else had a runaway in which they were lucky enough to be driving a TC3 and have it survive like this?
DraKhen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 11:39 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Kewl ! That's nice that your NTC3 survived the dreaded run-away. I hate to see run-aways happen. You got lucky for just breaking that body stops, wheel, and a mounting bolt.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 03:20 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

take it you have not seen much then!!
Old 07-27-2003, 03:33 PM   #4
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b
Default Re: Nitro TC3 ... toughest car I've ever seen!

Quote:
Originally posted by DraKhen99
...has anyone else had a runaway in which they were lucky enough to be driving a TC3 and have it survive like this?
In a word...NO! "Lucky" is the key word. The Nitro TC3 is just about the most fragile pro car out right now.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
LOL, that's for sure.
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 03:33 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Quote:
Ditto on that! I've seen at least one of these cars break at every race. It takes some things to make this car reliable. The toughest car I've ever seen is the V-one-RR.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 05:45 PM   #6
Tech Master

Default Re-toughest car?

Drakhen99- You were just extremely lucky dude tc-3 is very fragile.
nitrohead5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 06:27 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re-toughest car?

Quote:
Originally posted by nitrohead5300
Drakhen99- You were just extremely lucky dude tc-3 is very fragile.
I 2ND THE MOTION.
thefuzzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 08:41 PM   #8
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

As a former NTC3 driver, I agree with those last couple of posts...keep driving it, you'll find out its weak points.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 09:09 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to 2Hard2Handle

YES the word is LUCKY my friend got a ntc3 when he start it and forgot to turn on the radio and the car took off not even far from the cruve, ran into one flip over broke 2 body post radio plate fell off, and even bent the shaft, so i would say u where just lucky, and he didnt even have any hop ups nor a 2 speed lets just put it that way
2Hard2Handle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 09:17 PM   #10
Tech Addict

are you sure the car you just bought is a TC3?
not TG10?
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 09:19 PM   #11

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

I would agree on the V-one r being very durable. I love my ntc3, but that car just doesnt break easily, built like a tank!
Old 07-27-2003, 09:37 PM   #12
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to DraKhen99

Ok, so maybe I haven't seen *too* many bad wrecks, but that was a fairly crazy runaway, and it didn't break much. I have an electric TC3, and that thing has taken a good beating on the oval course I run it on, without breaking more than a couple A-Arms...
DraKhen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 10:27 PM   #13
Tech Regular

Default As a current NTC3 owner...

...I used to take offense at the "fragile" comments as they apply to the car. BUT, I must now agree. Handles like a dream, but if you tap a wall or brush a board, more often than not the pillow ball gets pushed into the arm, stripping threads, or there goes the shock tower. And the tank is in a bad location...I have seen many NTC3's get their pipes shoved into the side of the tank and crack it. No wonder I have so many spare parts, lol.

Personally, I am getting sooooo tired of repairing the d**m thing...
Old Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 11:17 PM   #14
Tech Master

None of you guys know what the heck your talking about. I have been racing this car for a year and a half and I only pushed in my rear turnbuckle after bumping a curb. Not once in this time did I break a part. Man oh man stay off the boards.
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 12:57 AM   #15
Tech Rookie

Talking Re: As a current NTC3 owner...

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Skool
...I used to take offense at the "fragile" comments as they apply to the car. BUT, I must now agree. Handles like a dream, but if you tap a wall or brush a board, more often than not the pillow ball gets pushed into the arm, stripping threads, or there goes the shock tower. And the tank is in a bad location...I have seen many NTC3's get their pipes shoved into the side of the tank and crack it. No wonder I have so many spare parts, lol.

Personally, I am getting sooooo tired of repairing the d**m thing...
2 tanks in 3 weekends here...but I still wouldnt trade it for any of that slow ass shit thats left to choose from!
Ice FN Man is offline   Reply With Quote