2008 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

I know I thanked many representing the One Eighth Racers, but there were many I must thank, personally.

Thanks to Aaron, Paul, Mike McBride, DJ, Scott, and my dad for a great time under the tents! Paul, next time I want to practice half as much as you....LOL

Thanks to my sponsors, Mike Swauger from Mugen USA for a great car and GLC door prizes. Eric Vasutin at Werks Racing for the incredible engine and fuel combination (and GLC door prizes). Robert Morris at KO Propo America for the awesome new 2.4 system that worked perfectly! And of coarse Parma and Paul Ciccarello for countless hours to make the Parma R12 a great handing body! Thanks to Brad Tofflemire and YB Slow Inc on the lightweight drivetrain modifications.

Thanks to my dad for the great pit work, when I pitted you were quick!

Finally thanks to those that came by and acknowledged that the One Eighth Racers has a nice home. That really capped off a great weekend to hear the hard work paid off.

Hope to see everyone next year! Many I will be seeing in a couple months at the MWS race and/or the wedding.

Take care,
Brian Berry

Last edited by Brian Berry; 08-05-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like to thank all my sponsors for the top notch equipment that was supplied for this race!

Thanks to Joel Johnson & Kyosho America for a super smooth race car, the Evolva M3 is hands down the best car I have driven. Thanks to Richie Siriano & Brooklyn Hobbies for all of the support. Thanks to Eric Vasutin & Werks Racing for the fastest fuel and motor combo that I have ever had the pleaser of running in my car.Thanks to Rich Brown & Empire Racing for all of the hop up parts especially the rear sway bar. Thanks to Thello Jordon, Gary Elias, Rick Davis, Scott Kimbrow and Jim Atkins for all the help.

I had a faster car than what the records will show, my lap times were consistent but I just had to screw up one lap on every round of qualifying LOL my bust.

I would like to thank the crew from THE ONE EIGTH SCALE RACERS CLUB for putting on a great race. The traction was so good I was traction rolling in the qualifying and main. I will change my setup and I will definatly be back next year!
Old 08-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Rookie

First I want to thank the Toledo club for a great race-facility. Next I want to my sponsors. Mugen, Parma (the R-12 is awesome), Murnan Modified Motors (Uriah is amazing with HP and fuel milage), and Johns BSR Tires (these tires are amazing). Finally, I want to thank my dad (Jerry) and Mike Pulfer for everything they do! Also, a special thanks to chicky, brian, aaron, ira, mark, jamie, paulie b., filo, ian, conely, and many others! CANT WAIT to get back to 301 for the nats, that place ROCKS!
Old 08-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Josh, following Scott, at the beginning of the 1/8 A-Main

Top 3, 1/10 Scale A

Top 3, 1/8 Scale A

Josh, Family, and Friends
Old 08-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Tech Addict

Wow, it's now 2am, and I just finished editing and posting the photos on SGrid. Here's a few of them to look over....

Sedan A-Main

GT A-Main

Masters A-Main

1/8 A-Main
Old 08-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Bobby Flack
Old 08-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Rick Vessell

Dan Louis, Skip Starkey, Brent Gottfried - Masters!

Pitmen, racing back to the pits with damaged cars...

Scott Kimbrow, taking a real tight line

Woof!!

High gas prices won't stop Louie Szilagyifrom racing!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just got back to work today!
Wanted to say thank you to the crew at the Great Lakes Challenge
you did a great job on the race and the event !
I had more fun at this race than any in a long time.
Thank you to
MAX POWER MOTORS for the motors donated for the club for the drawing cause i got the MAX POWER .12 XXLS3 Massimo Fantini Modified/Tuned Motor and it will be running at the Sedan Fuel Nationals at Fort Meyers in October !
Hope all the RIBS were on Q!
see ya in Ft Meyers
later
Jeff Epperson

Blowin Smoke BBQ
Old 08-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Did anyone find the photo's on sgrid. I could not find them.

DJ Apolaro
Old 08-06-2008, 01:11 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

A BIG THANKS to all of my sponsors, Mugen Seiki Racing USA, Byron's Fuel, Leisure Hours Hobbies, Futaba, O.S. Engines, YBSlow, and Fastlane Graphix.

Personal Thanks To, Rick Vessell, Kurt Lechel, Dan Louis, Barry Volt, Joby Uchtman, ( for the almost pit work ) and DAD!!.

It was nice to see everyone out having a good time.

Jody Flipse and Terry Rott, nice to see you two again.

Also Thanks to the Toledo Crew for a great race!!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Did anyone find the photo's on sgrid. I could not find them.

DJ Apolaro
Just the ones in the race report. Not the actual gallery.

BTW good run this weekend!!!

Gael
Old 08-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

DJ, the photos for the report(s) are mostly all there.

The collection of chassis photos I still need to complete.

The "gallery" (slide-show) isn't uploaded yet. I'm still editing it. I don't think anyone wants to go through 600 images - I know I'd hate that. I need to cut it down a bit more, maybe to 100 or so, then upload it all. I hope to have this finished by late tonight.

In hindsight I should have taken a photo of your chassis as well, as I was trying to get most of the fast guys. I know I've got several good photos of you out on the track.

Anyway, with a little bit of luck I'll be all caught up by tomorrow. (Want to send me a write-up to go with your photo?)
Old 08-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

(If you still don't find it by tomorrow, send me an email at "mikem @ rc-racing.com" and I'll tell you where to find it. I rarely check private messages here or elsewhere, so please use email.)
Old 08-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikemyers
DJ, the photos for the report(s) are mostly all there.

The collection of chassis photos I still need to complete.

The "gallery" (slide-show) isn't uploaded yet. I'm still editing it. I don't think anyone wants to go through 600 images - I know I'd hate that. I need to cut it down a bit more, maybe to 100 or so, then upload it all. I hope to have this finished by late tonight.

In hindsight I should have taken a photo of your chassis as well, as I was trying to get most of the fast guys. I know I've got several good photos of you out on the track.

Anyway, with a little bit of luck I'll be all caught up by tomorrow. (Want to send me a write-up to go with your photo?)
No problem, I though you posted that the photos were up. Not a big deal. I will try to send you something, as far as a write up. You have a chassis shot of my car with and without the body when you took the photo of the car with the twister pro light rims.

Thanks,

DJ Apolaro
Old 08-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Dj

Congrads on you podium finish.From B-main Watson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.