R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-02-2003, 08:32 PM   #61
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to serpentracer1

I've got to put my 2cents worth in!I have raced some type of rc car since 1987,and have gotten out of it the past 2 1/2 years and I am now getting back into nitro onroad once again its changed so much but I will tell you that all you people putting down HPI should in fact thank them.If it wasnt for the release of thier nitro onroad car that drew interest from the rc community but it brought a hole new prospective to the new person that wasnt involved in rc to begin with.I worked part time in a hobby shop for 9yrs and when they released the the rs4 It was awesome a good package and it appealed to not only people already racing but to the new rcer and our hobby grew at a pace that was unbelievable.Not only in hobbist but in after market co. as well.The demand for the car and parts for it grew like crazy.I had the opportunity to talk to hpi on a one on one basis when we had problems or parts missing from kits and they took care of the problem without any Questions.Frank will remember this they put the dogbones from the 190mm car in some kits by accident and when we found out I called and it wasnt a problem and they sent us dog bones to give to our customers without any questions asked they have always been like that LOOKING OUT FOR THIER CUSTOMERS..SO ALL IM SAYING IS DONT BASH OR SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT HPI.WE AS THE RC COMMUNITY SHOULD BE THANKING THEM FOR GETTING THE NITRO TC CRAZE STARTED AND HELPING OUR HOBBY GROW!!!!!!!!!!MY 2-CENTS
Orion R10 Pro VST powered
serpentracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 09:38 PM   #62
Tech Addict

The R40 looks just as fast as any other high end GP tourings on the market in the video, but that was under a team driver's control
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 10:17 PM   #63
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by serpentracer1
.......SO ALL IM SAYING IS DONT BASH OR SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT HPI.WE AS THE RC COMMUNITY SHOULD BE THANKING THEM FOR GETTING THE NITRO TC CRAZE STARTED AND HELPING OUR HOBBY GROW!!!!!!!!!!MY 2-CENTS
In the States maybe...but over here in HKG....Kyosho was here with their GP10, Spiders...way before HPI!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 10:28 PM   #64
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
In the States maybe...but over here in HKG....Kyosho was here with their GP10, Spiders...way before HPI!!
no no, should be brokomo or Tamiya !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 05:51 AM   #65
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to serpentracer1

Yea you are right about the other companies having nitro cars first and all but when the HPI came out it was a user friendy car and you roll with it out of the box back than and so many companies jumped on the band wagon and thus we have today the nitro explosion as you would say and the customers justed loved the car and all the after market goodies they could get it was just unbelieable.Ive always liked HPI products and always will I gonna pick up a R-40 to try out.and see how it preforms Im sure it will just like they said it would. And I can add it to my stable of nitro cars along side my impacts,Impulse specs,my 705 and my RC10gts.
Orion R10 Pro VST powered
serpentracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 06:37 AM   #66
Tech Apprentice

Stop the whining,no ones bashing hpi,if anything they should have done this along time ago.They finally remembered the racing enthusiast that began nitro racing with their product.
alvinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 09:21 AM   #67
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by alvinm
Stop the whining,no ones bashing hpi,if anything they should have done this along time ago.They finally remembered the racing enthusiast that began nitro racing with their product.
Not whining...simply stating a fact. Here in HK...it has been HPI jumping onto other people's bandwagon. This does not imply it is the same for the rest of the world.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:57 AM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think kits were shipped out last week cause most of the hobbyshops here in the bay area that ordered them got thier kits Friday morning from hpi. I walked into a hobbyshop and they had like 20 kits out.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 05:11 AM   #69
dtm
Tech Champion

This a pretty amazing piece of timing....they got here in Hong Kong on Friday also!!!
Old 08-04-2003, 11:05 AM   #70
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
Not whining...simply stating a fact. Here in HK...it has been HPI jumping onto other people's bandwagon. This does not imply it is the same for the rest of the world.
I don't know why you are replying to my post,it was directed to those that think hpi is being bashed.Where you bashing
alvinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 11:15 AM   #71
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Frank, will the R40 be Challenge Legal ?
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 05:00 PM   #72
Tech Fanatic

For 2004 the R40 will be allowed in the Nitro Modified class only, and we'll also open that class to allow HPI Pro Foam Tires. The 2003 World Finals in Vegas will allow the R40 in the Nitro Mod class with any foam tires. For the race coming up in New Jersey we won't allow the R40 to run (because of supply issues) but if anyone wants to practice with it they'll be welcome to show it off
Old 08-04-2003, 06:19 PM   #73
Tech Addict

Frank-Any idea on what wheels fit? Does it require special offset wheels like the MTX3 or is it standard?
CraigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 08:56 AM   #74
Tech Fanatic

It doesn't require offset wheels but you can use them to make for a wider track.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:40 AM   #75
Tech Adept

Frank:
Have you guys tested the car with rubber tires? And how is the performance running under rubber as compare to foam?

Thanks.
Supra66 is offline   Reply With Quote