Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
picco P9r plugs??? >

picco P9r plugs???

picco P9r plugs???

Old 04-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default picco P9r plugs???

Do you have to run picco plugs in these engines?

or will novarossi plugs work?

many thanks
Old 04-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kurtcash
Do you have to run picco plugs in these engines?

or will novarossi plugs work?

many thanks
Only PICCO plugs will work on PICCO engines, now if you want your PICCO to leak then go ahead use a Novarossi plug and be ready to buy a new head button.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes, you HAVE to run picco plugs, nova plugs will leak.

http://kamikazetoysandhobbies.com/pr...php?cat=4&pg=2
Old 04-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Plugs

No you don't have to run Picco plugs. I have a Trinity Picco XP12 which I purchased from USA & have tried Novarossi plugs & they worked fine but I found them to be faulty, the end of the coil came loose from the body (must have been a bad batch).But the best plug I found is the Odonnell Racing ODO77T & I get great HP out of the motor & last a long time up to 4 race meets & still OK. These plugs are also pure platinium while other plugs have iridium alloyed into them.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

I repeate, you HAVE to use Picco plugs. Picco Plugs have lasted me way more than 4 race meets. I havent changed mine since january.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not only that the plugs last longer, the taper of this new version PICCO's are different from the old engines like XP 12, also if you put an Odonell plug in the PICCOs it does not seal properly and as hello just said it will leak and more likely damage the tread in the head button.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

I think kurtcash should have said what model Picco he has or intending to purchase, because there are a few different brands of piccos ie picco, trinty, ofna, adam drake, etc . This is good to know that the new Picco needs Picco plugs I assume this is written in the instructions some where clearly and the reason as you have mentioned. Thanks for the info.By the way, that is 4 or more race meets since January with 4 qualifiers of 5 mins & 20 min finals. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Tech Addict

Picco or Dynamite plugs are what I personally use.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Colt4g63
Picco or Dynamite plugs are what I personally use.
Dynamite for some reason does not seem to work well with the P9's, with the 12 it's not that bad, I believe the dynamite plug are hotter than the original PICCO plugs, and they don't last, also if you compare the coils it is way skinnier than the PICCO plugs.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

you can use mega and sirio onroad plugs aswell both the same as picco plugs
Old 04-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Dynamite for some reason does not seem to work well with the P9's, with the 12 it's not that bad, I believe the dynamite plug are hotter than the original PICCO plugs, and they don't last, also if you compare the coils it is way skinnier than the PICCO plugs.
I have yet to test the life span on the P9R using the Dynamite compared to Picco plugs. On the JLRs the Dynamite are what I use and what are in my JLR on the dyno when it made 1.22HP and 38 Oz/IN They worked VERY well on the JLRs. I run the 8s in it. I use them as they seem to work well for me and the local hobby shop here stocks them and there cheap I will take your word for it and grab some Picco plugs off you and throw them in the P9R and see how they compare to the Dynamites as far as longevity and power on the dyno. Play with heat ranges etc
Old 04-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Colt4g63
I have yet to test the life span on the P9R using the Dynamite compared to Picco plugs. On the JLRs the Dynamite are what I use and what are in my JLR on the dyno when it made 1.22HP and 38 Oz/IN They worked VERY well on the JLRs. I run the 8s in it. I use them as they seem to work well for me and the local hobby shop here stocks them and there cheap I will take your word for it and grab some Picco plugs off you and throw them in the P9R and see how they compare to the Dynamites as far as longevity and power on the dyno. Play with heat ranges etc

You will definitely notice the difference when using it with the P9R, switching from a PICCO P7TC to a Dynamite plug.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Tech Lord

Because the bore/stroke is the same as Novarossi you can always get an Novarossi underhead to use NR plugs in your Picco
Old 04-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Roelof
Because the bore/stroke is the same as Novarossi you can always get an Novarossi underhead to use NR plugs in your Picco
Obviously you never tried it, Novarossi head button's mounting holes are different from the PICCO head button's mounting holes, it won't line up.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:22 AM
Tech Addict

The head button/combustion chamber has ALOT to do with how the engine performs. Just throwing any head button on and engine is not a good idea.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.