R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-18-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default FBF Notification to Fanatic Remote Racerz RC Club

FBF Notification to Fanatic Remote Racerz RC Club

It was recently expressed to me at the last meeting held on 4/17/08 that our club must remove the stand that we have come so much to love. It was told to the club that another club wished and showed interest in hosting races on the clubs track. Seeing that our track is in an open State park Park officials and Superintendents looked into the request. Since our insurance only covers our club on our race days and they were concerned with the danger of the stand collapsing. Greg and myself tried to defend the fact that the stand was built to code but this fact has fallen upon deaf ears. Even though a master carpenter Ray Morales of Morales contracting dedicated his time, energy and expertise in the field of carpentry to construct the structure. We could not convince the management teams that have now shown interest in the OTHER clubs actions that were showing interest in using the facility. I was not given the name of the other club nor any information to contact them. I am asking at this time that anyone that knows of this others clubs interest please have them call me immediately it is imperative. The actions taken have and will cause this club a catastrophic loss. I was and have been told time and time again that the racers themselves are our own worse enemies. It is very unfortunate that the other club did not contact myself or another one of the team or club associates to facilitate any request of the nature that they have perused. I truly regret to have to inform our members that we have very little time and very little chance to correct or avert any actions that are being request to demolish the stand. A course of action has been taken but it will not guarantee anything. At this point no promises can be made but we are doing everything in out power to try and change the Parks managements minds.

The other club I truly wish would come forth and present yourself so that we may try and work in a manner to organize you under ROAR which could possibly bring a halt to this drastic measure that has been called for. It is not a guarantee but we can try anything not to lose the drivers stand. I make all of the above announcements with deep regrets.

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to regg151 Send a message via AIM to regg151 Send a message via Yahoo to regg151

does this other group need no insurance?
why are they not required to have insurance?
who do they know?

If they do need to carry insurance then the stand should be fine as it should be in their insurance package.

NPS Strikes again with the beuracratic BS.

Try to organize something and they find every loop hole to take it away from you.

To the people in the Other club by all means please come forward if the drivers stand is removed it will hurt everyone that races at flloyd bennet field.
regg151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

WWWWWHHHAATTTTT????? Now that's a load of crap. Look at the stand in Bridgeport the way it is now - now that is unsafe.
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Rick,
I can't believe the obstacles you guys are going through. I have visited FBF many times and know most of the NYC racers. I recall the mess that you guys had to go through since building and rebuilding the new drivers stand.

Just a thought..
Since that park is open to the public, isn't the information about the other club classified as public domain? Everybody should know what each other is doing.

The NPS just doesn't know what type of gold mine you guys have created.
I wish you good luck on this fight. It's a damn shame that you guys have to go through this unnecessary BS. I hope the other club contacts you soon.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:16 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Who is the other club and why haven't they ever come forth with this crap before. This does not sound right at all there has to be more info available.
Dreddlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreddlox View Post
Who is the other club and why haven't they ever come forth with this crap before. This does not sound right at all there has to be more info available.

I dont like the way it is going down either. All of this was thrown down my throat and was told now you have been informed of the decision. It is very unfortunate that someone else felt the need to try and form their own alliance with NPS for whatever reason. The very unfortunate fact is that what they have started can not be reversed. The thing that hurts is that no matter how serious or not their intentions were to get access to the track or just to gain information they have caused us more damage than they will ever know.

After all the efforts and energy and funds that went into this project we are all more than hurt by this. I hated hearing it and I hate even more being the bearer of the worse kind of news to have to give to the racers. As I said an action and plan have been implemented to try and stop the wave of destruction that is coming our way. I am not sure if our actions will sway anyone but we are trying. This Sunday at the drivers meeting we will discuss as much as I have been informed and our actions will be discussed at that point.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:07 PM   #7
Tech Addict

They were not directed to us because they wanted to run races on days when we were not. They did not express interest to the parks department about racing with us only racing on their own accord and using the facility under permit from NPS as stated to me the OUTSIDE INTEREST is what started the immediate concerns of the upper management to look deeper. To relieve them of any and all liability this is the choice they feel is the best course of action they have to take. Keep in mind all of the things we have gone through to date it has been nothing but an up hill battle. We recently were in good graces until this outside interest peeked. Now from the lack of respect for what we have accomplished for us all they have damned us and mock the efforts and energies that were devoted to our current accomplishments.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:52 PM   #8
Tech Addict

WWWOOOOOWWWWW.....This is really crazy man. After all the labor and money we put in to get this driver stand up only to lose it over some BS. I can't believe it at all.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:13 PM   #9
Tech Addict

I hope a peaceful solution can be reached. I'd hate to see this taken to the next level. This type of action can lead to a very adverse re-action. Alot of people may take it personal.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:14 AM   #10
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Boy oh Boy ! Only in the beloved NYC could something like this happen.Somebody please step up and reveal this so called new club .I find it hard to believe that nobody knows amything seeing the RC community is worse than a womens hair salon (all the gosip and rumors LOL) anyway I surely hope this gets resolved , I would hate to see anymore negative things happen to Floyd and further slow the positive attitude and progress to make floyd get to the next level

AWESOMATIX USA-SANWA--BSR--TEAM SCREAM --SWEEP RACING USA--TQ WIRE--ROCHE USA--LRP
Sal Amato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:03 AM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrunchone View Post
I dont like the way it is going down either. All of this was thrown down my throat and was told now you have been informed of the decision. It is very unfortunate that someone else felt the need to try and form their own alliance with NPS for whatever reason. The very unfortunate fact is that what they have started can not be reversed. The thing that hurts is that no matter how serious or not their intentions were to get access to the track or just to gain information they have caused us more damage than they will ever know.

After all the efforts and energy and funds that went into this project we are all more than hurt by this. I hated hearing it and I hate even more being the bearer of the worse kind of news to have to give to the racers. As I said an action and plan have been implemented to try and stop the wave of destruction that is coming our way. I am not sure if our actions will sway anyone but we are trying. This Sunday at the drivers meeting we will discuss as much as I have been informed and our actions will be discussed at that point.
Sounds like 'someone' finally got what they wanted.
Hope it was worth it.

Lets just come up with a solution and apply it positively.
Goodness will always prevail over negativity!
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:31 AM   #12
Tech Addict

They can't stop it, they can only hope tio contain it. I'm sure like Jamie said, goodness must prevail and it will. No problems just solutions.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #13
Tech Addict

This Is Crazy
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

So they are making us take the stand down. Yet some other club has interest in running in OUR spot and using OUR stand and being our insurance only covers when WE run this OTHER club isn't insured. Sounds like they want the spot for themselves. That's all I have to say and one more - tell em to **** off and go find their own racing spot!
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #15
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to carsrule692

I dont see why we have to take the stand down. If they dont like it tell um not to stand on it. They could stand next to it or something. This is stupid. I just got a gas car to run there too.
Eurotek Cells, Novak GTX, Novak GTB with 13.5
carsrule692 is offline   Reply With Quote