R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-18-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Mixing Armorall with Nitro Fuel???

Just got a tip from a reliable source that I should mix a little bit of Armorall with my fuel in order to prevent the fuel from sticking to my body and making a mess and to prevent bubble's from forming in my tank. Anyone heard of this?
almtx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think if you check Armor all is mostly water !! Don't put that in your fuel !

I think someone is try to pull one over on you !!
Old 04-18-2008, 03:27 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by almtx3 View Post
Just got a tip from a reliable source that I should mix a little bit of Armorall with my fuel in order to prevent the fuel from sticking to my body and making a mess and to prevent bubble's from forming in my tank. Anyone heard of this?
You're willing to damage an engine; just because you don't want to clean your ride?????

Don't do it!!!
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo

Last edited by lil-bump; 04-18-2008 at 05:53 PM.
lil-bump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Unhappy PAM

Use PAM on your exhaust. Yes, the stuff our Moms used in the Kitchen. When you open a new shiny expensive tuned pipe spray some on before your quals and mains, and the crud will stick to that and not the pipe. This method is much more subtle, and reliable than putting stuff you would use on a dashboard inside your motor. Never tried it on a body, however if your diligent about brushing off your body with an average 2" paint brush after every run, then doing a thorough cleaning at the end of the day, your body will look new for a long time, unless you are hitting every other board like me sometimes.
Lil Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Actually two sprays of Armour All into your fuel is all it takes for a whole gallon. Keeps it from foaming up and does nothing to your engine...been doing this for years....
Old 04-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Fuel now a days are formulated with anti foaming agents, Armour All contains silicone oil which engine manufacturers warned against using in the engine, I see that signature says "WERKS" fuel which I heard is a good quality fuel, why does it foam? that's why you add Armour all to your fuel?
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #7
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I didn't think it would be a bad idea but I personally was bit hesitant. I use Odonnell fuel and never had an issue. Final verdict, I dont think its too bad to add Armorall to your fuel but it basically boils down to a personal preference.
almtx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:33 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Just my 2 cents but I would never add anything to your fuel which is going to introduce water into your engine, no matter how small of an amount. Here are a couple tips as far as keeping your car, parts and body clean. I use a water based clear coat to seal my paint jobs. I put 3 to 4 coats and when I'm done racing I just wash the body off with dish soap and water and the clear coat doesn't allow anything to stick. You can find this product at your local Home Depot or Lowes. As far as keeping my car clean I use the Serpent cleaning putty. It's as good as having an air compressor at the track. Another thing I do for my engine cooling heads and pipes is clean them overnight in a crock pot. You can find an old cheap one at just about any garage sale. Put the crock pot on low and fill halfway with anti freeze solution then put in your pipes and cooling heads overnight. You'll find that this will knock off all the grit, grime and foam that builds up and your pipes will come out looking like brand new. After that I polish them with metal polish and then wax them to limit anything sticking to them. Hope this helps.

G4RS
Speyederjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:22 AM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speyederjedi View Post
Just my 2 cents but I would never add anything to your fuel which is going to introduce water into your engine, no matter how small of an amount. Here are a couple tips as far as keeping your car, parts and body clean. I use a water based clear coat to seal my paint jobs. I put 3 to 4 coats and when I'm done racing I just wash the body off with dish soap and water and the clear coat doesn't allow anything to stick. You can find this product at your local Home Depot or Lowes. As far as keeping my car clean I use the Serpent cleaning putty. It's as good as having an air compressor at the track. Another thing I do for my engine cooling heads and pipes is clean them overnight in a crock pot. You can find an old cheap one at just about any garage sale. Put the crock pot on low and fill halfway with anti freeze solution then put in your pipes and cooling heads overnight. You'll find that this will knock off all the grit, grime and foam that builds up and your pipes will come out looking like brand new. After that I polish them with metal polish and then wax them to limit anything sticking to them. Hope this helps.

G4RS
How long do you leave it on low? Afterwards, just leave it soaking until the next day?
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #10
Tech Regular

Leave it on low overnight or at least 12 hrs then turn off and pull out the items with needle nose and clean them off when they first come out. The material is ready to just fall off at this point and that's why I prefer to do it right when I pull them out. Just use some old rags or towels to do this. The other thing I do is just leave the crock pot under my work bench with the lid on with the same fluid time after time. Of course I do turn it off after each use. I've had the same fluid in mine for the last 8 months and it's still good enough to clean my stuff. Another tip, do not do this in your home because it does have that antifreeze odor. Hope you enjoy the results, let me know.

G4RS
Speyederjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette

Great, thanks for the tip. Going to try it soon!
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #12
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by almtx3 View Post

don`t do it....

gianni
serpentmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #13
Tech Apprentice

turtle wax also good
E.Rocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:03 AM   #14
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Rocha View Post
turtle wax also good