Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Roger
Robbie's GPR 220mm MTX-4R

Photos taken by Harry Hananouchi at CP.

woo...: kill me please
Old 06-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Seems like this conversion goes well. I personally think its good for a fast touring car setup to take full advantage of power now available.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Where have most of the racers gone? To nitro off road, where none of this goes on.
anyone else think this true???
Old 06-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by meaN1
anyone else think this true???
It seems to be true to a point. If you haven't noticed, new 1/8th scale offroad tracks are popping up everywhere. I have read of at least a dozen appearing in various areas around the country in the past few weeks. Many are in areas where there are already a couple of offroad tracks that are established. However, that can't be good on turnouts when everyone is running at the same time (diluting the racing pool for each venue in that area). There are many factors to why this is happening but that is for another time and another thread/forum (lets not hijack this one to talk about this topic).
Old 06-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JLock
It seems to be true to a point. If you haven't noticed, new 1/8th scale offroad tracks are popping up everywhere. I have read of at least a dozen appearing in various areas around the country in the past few weeks. Many are in areas where there are already a couple of offroad tracks that are established. However, that can't be good on turnouts when everyone is running at the same time (diluting the racing pool for each venue in that area). There are many factors to why this is happening but that is for another time and another thread/forum (lets not hijack this one to talk about this topic).
I play on road and off road.

This is why some people are moving to 1/8 off road :

1. On road cars need precision to drive, while some people prefer more enjoyment, more relax , more fun. ( in other words, those people prefer less pressure and less precision driving style )

2. Off road cars don't break easy.

3. Off road cars are cheaper to start and to maintain.

4. Most importantly : off road racing perhaps are more crowded than on road racing. This pschylogical factor stimulate your motivation to play ( or switch to ) off road more than on road.

Nevertheless, I still prefer playing on road than off road. I cannot stand the dirty pit area, and breathing in dusty environment make me feel sick afterwards.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

My onroad track has lost their stand due to the crude park officials and their silly games they play with the regulations. The offroad track is much closer (about a 60 mile difference), has on site power, air compressor, bathroom (port-potty but its something), and the shop is right in the pit area! Now this is SUPER convenient. It took 2 days to buy a truggy off a friend of mine and then later sell it and invest into an 8th buggy. I been loving it ever since being I always wanted to race 8th buggy and it is so much fun. Onroad is awesome, but with the price of gas, track issues, and the long traveling every weekend it may be a thought to consider - sell my MTX4 and all gear. However, the car will stay until something gets built up closer.

While onroad does require precision so does offroad! You have to learn proper throttle control to properly land level and clear jumps. If the engine is tuned improperly forget trying to clear some jumps - I learned that the hard way. Clutch setup is crucial as well as maintenance. A blown clutch bearing can end your race fast, however with the shop being on site you can be sure to run in for stuff. This weekend is the CT state champs race and I'll be going.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

What is the handling characteristic of an open cockpit and the closed cockpit body ? I'd been running the open cockpit serpent lola shell since 2005 and the first thing I noticed was it had a lot more steering entering a corner, took sometime to get used to it.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Cool My Baby 1/8

MTX4 Knack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails A New Category Is Born : 1/10 GPR !!-mad-mtx4.jpg  

Last edited by madbeats; 06-07-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Anymore photos ?

Perhaps a close up on Knack parts ?
Old 06-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by asw7576
Anymore photos ?

Perhaps a close up on Knack parts ?
Ok later on .....
Old 06-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by redsand
What is the handling characteristic of an open cockpit and the closed cockpit body ? I'd been running the open cockpit serpent lola shell since 2005 and the first thing I noticed was it had a lot more steering entering a corner, took sometime to get used to it.
Say you use a touring car body like a Dodge Stratus and a Lola body of any brand. The Lola body will give more downforce in the rear, but the car will feel sluggish and not as responsive as the touring car body. A touring car body will be best being the car is more neutral and allows the suspension and car setup to function. Now, if you add the floating rear mount which is featured on all 8th onroad cars it will be the best setup. The downforce is applied to the rear HUBS and NOT push down on the rear of the car allowing the suspension to move freely at all range of speed. This is the reality of difference for people who think a sedan with a lola body will be better - wrong.

As far as closed cockpit 8th bodies the one with the open handles far better being the aerodynamics going cross the body is reduced. They are pretty cool looking, but the open ones handle and still look better.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Eye balled the karahara 220mm today, well what a mind blowing setup and a cheap upgrade for the average "Joe" racer, will be ordering mine in the not so distant future. Hope this class kicks off well here in Oz with one of our local tracks here in Sydney looking like taking up the challange with another maybe to follow, talk today today was maybe have run as an "outlaw class"
Enjoy the pic's

Last edited by Mugenville; 06-08-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Awesome paint jobs.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know where you get the floating rear end for the V-1RRR?? And where do you get Knack parts??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.