R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Already registered for both. Are you coming down? Come play down here a little bit. I start breaking in motors this weekend for the 1/8.

DJ Apolaro
hey dj,
since your not practicing tomorrow, why dont you come to homestead and show me how to set up a car the right way
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:25 PM   #32
Tech Elite

You might want to find someone that know about the xray nt1.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
that would be you!!! you know more about touring cars than 99.99% of anyone out there
Old 05-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #34
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Now that's funny.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:03 PM   #35
Tech Master

Smile Good News, Leave Your Tents at Home!

Homestead RC Raceway is pleased to let you know we have improved our pit area and eliminated something most racers hate to lug around. Tents are not needed any longer for practice and racing. We have made arrangements with the good folks at Homestead Miami Speedway to use their Hospitality Chalet Tent for all of our practice sessions and races.

The new pit area has overhead lighting, ceiling fans and electricity. Smoking, tire truing and engine tuning in this area is prohibited. Please use the designated smoking area, tire truing station and the tables outside the tent for engine tuning.

The old pit area will now be used for parking automobiles and trailers only. Tents will not be allowed in this area any longer.

Remember to leave those tents at home! Below are a couple of pictures of the new covered pit area at Homestead RC Raceway.
Attached Thumbnails
ROAR, Region 4, Super Regional @ Homestead RC Raceway-img_1537.jpg   ROAR, Region 4, Super Regional @ Homestead RC Raceway-img_1539.jpg  
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:50 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That is outstanding Doug.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #37
Tech Adept

my checks in the mail,,,
Old 05-04-2008, 06:13 PM   #38
Tech Elite

I went the track today and it was really fun. People in sedan ran tires ranging from 37 to 42, depending on preference and 35's in 1/8 scale. The best laps today for sedan were mid 13's and 1/8 was mid 12's. A special note for you sedan guys. The competition today was stiff and Mr. Eduardo Cabal was on fire. He was the fastest car in the main by 1/2. Andrew is also back for the summer and we all know he knows this track. He ended up winning the main. People were braking in motors for 1/8 scale at they also looked good. Make sure to make reservations for the Regionals and come have fun.

DJ Apolaro
Old 05-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I went the track today and it was really fun. People in sedan ran tires ranging from 37 to 42, depending on preference and 35's in 1/8 scale. The best laps today for sedan were mid 13's and 1/8 was mid 12's. A special note for you sedan guys. The competition today was stiff and Mr. Eduardo Cabal was on fire. He was the fastest car in the main by 1/2. Andrew is also back for the summer and we all know he knows this track. He ended up winning the main. People were braking in motors for 1/8 scale at they also looked good. Make sure to make reservations for the Regionals and come have fun.

DJ Apolaro
dj,
did you race sedan? if so, how were your lap times? how did you do in 1/8th?
Old 05-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #40
Tech Elite

QUOTE=Joe Chaplow;4413636]dj,
did you race sedan? if so, how were your lap times? how did you do in 1/8th?[/QUOTE]

I only ran 1 Qualifier in sedan and started the main. Had trouble after about 5 laps. I did good in both, but was really tring to run the 1/8 to learn. The real excitement this weekend was Eduardo in the final. Not taking anything away from Andrews win, but Eduardo did great and was really fast. My laps were fast in both. Not sure of the actual times. For my first time really running the 1/8 I did respectable.

DJ Apolaro
Old 05-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #41
Tech Apprentice

It was a good showing this past Sunday. The track was good but I believe that if the traction was a little better in certain areas we would have seen more time in the 13sec. Doug and Johnny and others are doing a heck of a job giving us this facility to run.

Please all who read this thread spread the word come down to the Super Regional you will not be disappointed.

Car: Mtx4
Radio Futaba 3pk
Engine: Novarossi / Os Speed Tunned.
Fuel: Maxy / O' Donnell
MTX4JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:58 AM   #42
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTX4JR View Post
It was a good showing this past Sunday. The track was good but I believe that if the traction was a little better in certain areas we would have seen more time in the 13sec. Doug and Johnny and others are doing a heck of a job giving us this facility to run.

Please all who read this thread spread the word come down to the Super Regional you will not be disappointed.
Thank you very much for the kind words. Besides Johnny and myself, we have a lot of good team members at Homestead RC Raceway that want to make this facility a special place to come and enjoy rc cars. We are also very fortunate to have the Homestead Miami Speedway management to work with and for them to allow us to use their facility and let us take advantage of so many of the assets and amenities it provides.

Moving the pit area to the large covered Chalet Tent has worked out very well, This provides a more comfortable area. Bringing a tent is not necesary any longer. This area has overhead lighting, ceiling fans, and electricity. This new pit area is much closer to the rest rooms. The tent sidewalls muffle the high pitch engine noise. The tire truing station, body washing area, compressed air hose and engine tuning tables are only steps away.

I agree with you that we will see the Sedans turning fast laps in the low 13's and the 1/8 monsters in the very low 12's at the Super Regional. We are looking forward to hosting this event and want to provide a great venue for everyone attending the Super Regional.

This is a friendly reminder to get your entries in by May 8th to avoid the late fee. Entry forms are available at the beginning of this thread and at www.homesteadrcraceway.com.

If you have never been to Homestead RC Raceway you can visit the web site listed above and browse through the Photo Gallery for lots of pictures of the track and facilities.
Attached Thumbnails
ROAR, Region 4, Super Regional @ Homestead RC Raceway-img_1276.jpg  
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:55 AM   #43
Tech Apprentice

good job guys, Doug,Johnny ad david D very well...andrew congratz and Cabal look very good...

see you in the regional 4 guys

ciao
gianni
serpentmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:23 AM   #44
Tech Master

I want to thank the guys from the homestead group for the outstanding work to really prep this track. I want to thank David Duprezzel for doing such a good job blowing the track it was really clean so the cars come off the track very nice. Traction was pretty good. It is an interesting layout. Please cut the loop from its orginal 50 foot length. Thanks......HEHE Doug you do a really good job announcing the races. It is good to hear an anouncer that knows what is happening in the qualifyers and in the mains annoucing what is happening. Makes the drivers feel comfort if they are doing good and distress if they are not. But atleast we know where we stand in the race. Cant wait to come back for the Regionals
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:25 AM   #45
Tech Addict

Doug - Mike & I had a great time on Sunday. The pit area is a really nice feature - a tent is just one less thing to cram in the car. It was a great turn out. Thanks to Homestead crew for a fun day!
Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote