R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Hudy Vs Ofna Tire Truer

Just looking to get people's honest opinion on the performance difference (if any) between the Ofna Automatic tire truer and Hudy Auto Tire Tuer
Old 04-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
Tech Adept

It's like comparing a Ferrari and a Hyundai,(both will get you from point A to point B) Both does it's job of truing a tire, but the Hudy has features that the OFNA does not have, also should condider budget $120.00= Manual OFNA, $250.00= Automatic OFNA, or $500.00 + Hudy Ultimate tire truer.
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #3
ALG
Tech Regular

It also depends how much work you will put on the truer.
and HELLO is on the money, is like comparing a Ferrari and a Hyundai

have fun!!!
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

i have the manual ofna truer because it's what alot of pro's recommended. i used it for the first time yesterday and it worked great. it made a nice cut and was very easy to use. i give it two thumbs up. on a side note my local track has some truers there to use and none of them are a hudy. these truers are used by regular racers to sponsored racers, the lower dollar truers work for the pro's and they should work for you.
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Especially when you put a hudy bit in the ofna truer. I have ofna auto-truer with a hudy bit. Get's the job done everytime. I also modified my Bit holder So mine is accurate with hudy bit. No offset needed.
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would stand behind my choice of HUDY time afer time. Had a few ofnas but nothins like a HUDY

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bigemike

I had the same question and I got an older hudy used for about the same price as the ofna and I don't regret it, the ofna is cheaper quality. Do you need the hudy, no, but it is the best and you can tell why when you compare the two.

Search aroung the for sale for a used one, there is one on there every couple of weeks, might be your best choice.
bigemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:48 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

My Ofna fully automatic truer is now more than 10 years old and it`s been used almost every weekend for 1/8th and 1/10th tires.

It never let me down and it cuts tires as good as the Hudy machine.
The most important part of a tire truer is the bit anyways.
I bought one from a fellow at the 2004 winternats that looks like the Hudy, but it has gold colored surface treatment and it work beautifully.

You know guys, cutting tires is not a process that`s dependend on 1/100th of a mm and it's no rocket science either.

But if you want to pay Hudy`s ridiculous prices, go ahead!

Btw, just wanted all those Hudy deciples to know, that he`s not producing his tools in house anymore. they are now made by the company that also make XCeed and many other brands.

Luxury my a$$
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #9
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
Especially when you put a hudy bit in the ofna truer. I have ofna auto-truer with a hudy bit. Get's the job done everytime. I also modified my Bit holder So mine is accurate with hudy bit. No offset needed.

Nice....I 've known you for years...now you let the secret out...after I spent $500.00 big ones....lol

Gooooo Hudy !!!!!

Race you later..........
Old 05-04-2008, 07:48 AM   #10
Tech Master

i bought my ofna back in 94 and never let me down
dg8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #11
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The whole point of a tire truer is to do one job: true tires. Regardless if you get an ofna, hudy or whatever tire truer you decide, at least it'll be better than NOT having one or borrowing a buddies tire truer at the track. If you race r/c cars that use foam tires, then one of the REQUIREMENTS is to have a tire truer at your possession. Using a truer that will be less expensive will not make you any faster on the track. Goodluck.

Last edited by Zac Project; 05-04-2008 at 11:53 AM. Reason: gramatical
Zac Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #12
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Btw, just wanted all those Hudy deciples to know, that he`s not producing his tools in house anymore. they are now made by the company that also make XCeed and many other brands.

Luxury my a$$
I usually do not get involved in discussions like this because I let the customers to speak about how they evaluate, rate and stand behind the products and service they get but this time I need to ask you for the source from where you got the information you posted above? Have you been in HUDY factory to see that they are not producing the products and to be able to give such a statement?

If you like other products is completely fine and correct, your money, your decision and at the end you get what you pay for but to give false statements is not correct. I am sorry to disapoint you but your source is completely wrong and what you wrote is completely not true. All HUDY products are manufactured by HUDY company in house, in Slovakia, Europe.

There are companies which produce for other companies and make tools and products which many of them look like HUDY but I can make you sure that HUDY is only one, manufactured in Europe by HUDY and HUDY does not produce tools for anybody else.

Thank you for your attention
Mario Hudy
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #13
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
I usually do not get involved in discussions like this because I let the customers to speak about how they evaluate, rate and stand behind the products and service they get but this time I need to ask you for the source from where you got the information you posted above? Have you been in HUDY factory to see that they are not producing the products and to be able to give such a statement?

If you like other products is completely fine and correct, your money, your decision and at the end you get what you pay for but to give false statements is not correct. I am sorry to disapoint you but your source is completely wrong and what you wrote is completely not true. All HUDY products are manufactured by HUDY company in house, in Slovakia, Europe.

There are companies which produce for other companies and make tools and products which many of them look like HUDY but I can make you sure that HUDY is only one, manufactured in Europe by HUDY and HUDY does not produce tools for anybody else.

Thank you for your attention
Mario Hudy

Thank you for clearing that.

So everyone now knows Hudy tools are truly HUDY.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:52 PM   #14
Tech Adept

what about the Integy?

http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.c...=2334&p_catid=
nitrothugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #15
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrothugg View Post