Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Battery tray sorry about that, had radio tray on my brain . Who makes the brass trya you use? I was thinking of having a steel one milled.
http://www.ybslowinc.com/products.php?category=2
Old 07-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
thats the one, I believe brass is the heaviest material you can easily get. I had one made from stainless before that is thicker and not quite as heavy.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

guys i am wondering.how low in weight can a rrr go?(rrr-evo-evo 2).
no lipo,rtr with or without body.
i have a rrr wc.with titanium rear axle,hollow middle,no battery switch,plastic disk holder,2 titanium pillow,normal nmh battery and front differential,59-61 tyres.
this car weights 1770gr with fuel.no body,with body it goes 1880gr.
i think it is a lot!
what can i do to reduce it?i want easy-cheap solutions.(if there is).
but no lipo.

how much is your weight?(with the same specs,if there is anyone).
thanks!
Old 07-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
i have a rrr wc.with titanium rear axle,hollow middle,no battery switch,plastic disk holder,2 titanium pillow,normal nmh battery and front differential,59-61 tyres.
i think it is a lot!
but no lipo.

thanks!
I have the same kit and with body, tires 58/60, no fuel the car weighed 1730grams. It might be the engine weight. I had a RB in it. They are very light motors compared to the nova's I run.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
thats the one, I believe brass is the heaviest material you can easily get. I had one made from stainless before that is thicker and not quite as heavy.
Sweet thanks!!
Old 07-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

ROAR weight is without fuel but everything else race ready, that alone is probably where most of your trouble is. Your body seems a little heavy, try painting lighter or using less tape inside but you are only maybe 20-30g heavy here.

As said, some engines are heavy. IDM/Picco are very light engines and pipes, I always have to add weight to the pipe side of my car because of this. I also measure it to be legal with 55/56mm tires since that is what I will come off of a main with. Twister makes "Pro-Light" wheels that can be 10-20 grams lighter depending on what you are using now especially if you get the kyosho style.

The expensive items are KO half height servos for 10g each, lipo (but you have to use a brass plate then so more expensive and equals nimh) and that is really about it.

On some tracks I really prefer running my car in the 1800+ range especially if the traction is low and some club races I run below well legal in the 1640 range.. it depends on the track if one is better than the other to me but I think most people will argue that the lightest car will be the fastest.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

let's give a bit more information about the car.it has also the first crf engine with drilled holes in the head,(around 5-6 gr lighter),nova 2630 pipe,some crap jr metal servos that has normal weight.rear titanium turnbuckles that it's not a big deal.4-5 gr lighter overal.grp tires in dish wheels,maybe a bit heavy too.(maybe i must take my dremmel out,but i am afraid that the dynamic balance will go for a walk ).
i agree that the body is heavy,my mistake!
Old 07-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

let's give a bit more information about the car.it has also the first crf engine with drilled holes in the head,(around 5-6 gr lighter),nova 2630 pipe,some crap jr metal servos that has normal weight.rear titanium turnbuckles that it's not a big deal.4-5 gr lighter overal.grp tires in dish wheels,maybe a bit heavy too.(maybe i must take my dremmel out,but i am afraid that the dynamic balance will go for a walk ).
i agree that the body is heavy,my mistake!
A CC of water is about 1gram and I don't know fuel weight off the top of my head because I have never had a reason but you are basically 1805 or something close empty.

1725 is legal, so basically servos would get you down 20g. run shorter servo wire, no switch (plug directly into the receiver) and get the capricorn pulley that allows you to use a plastic rear brake pulley and you are probably right there.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i think it is a lot!
but no lipo.

thanks!
Do the titanium rear axles wear out? Can you get them for the diff also? Has anyone tried them?

My diff outdrives seem to wear out pretty quickly. Do people use the standard ones or have you changed to aftermarket?
Old 07-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by barg
Do the titanium rear axles wear out? Can you get them for the diff also? Has anyone tried them?

My diff outdrives seem to wear out pretty quickly. Do people use the standard ones or have you changed to aftermarket?
Does anybody make a titanium axle? I would prefer steel there anyway because I have tried aluminum and you don't even want to go there. You can get the cross pins for the inside of the diff in titanium, I have them and they don't wear but I don't think they are important or contribute much.. they were just on the wall at the right time.

I have had pieces seize to the titanium center shaft, so I run the hollow steel ones front and center although there are hundreds of people that will tell you titanium has no problem.

The diff outdrives/axles and dogbones need to be greased often. Perhaps just before the mains, or every day is good. They shouldn't be wearing much. I think I get probably 5-6 gallons before I decide to change them (similar with the front ybslow spool)
Old 07-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

About the lightest I have gotten my car down to is 1595 (without fuel).

If you are wearing out diff outdrives, something must be wrong. They last a very long time.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by barg

my mistake.titanium rear 2speed shaft.not rear axle.
brian i use the rrr break set up with the plastic brake pulley already.
no switch too.no receiver's plastic base.when i remove the switch with his base and the receiver's base i gain 20-21gr.

scott can you share with us how someone can go in the1700gr weight range?
not even 1600gr
let's begin with the easy ones!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

my mistake.titanium rear 2speed shaft.not rear axle.
brian i use the rrr break set up with the plastic brake pulley already.
no switch too.no receiver's plastic base.when i remove the switch with his base and the receiver's base i gain 20-21gr.

scott can you share with us how someone can go in the1700gr weight range?
not even 1600gr
let's begin with the easy ones!
I am about to walk out the door to go to the airport, but I will give some insight. A LOT of titanium and some aluminum.

Ti Pillow balls
Ti hinge pins
Ti 2-sp shaft
Ti front shaft
Ti upper screws
Futaba 9452 and 9551 servos... There is a lot of weight there.
Shorten servo wires
Alum front spool
Ceramic bearings (I dont really use them anymore though)
Lipo battery (1300 mah)... Bigger battery is totally unnecessary... and yes I use a Novak regulator and an on/off switch.
Small/light receiver: I use a Spektrum 3520
Old 07-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

my evo 2 wc with only ti pillow balls is under weight. The evo 2 wc is a light car out of the box you shouldn't have to take away any weight. 1727 with over-sized tires.

kyosho evo 2 wc
jp eagle tl3-t
jp 2620 pipe and manifold
futaba 9451 brushless servos
3.1 stratus
2d clutch 4 flyweights
personal transponder

hopups:
ti pillow balls
alu brake lever arm
alu middle shaft mount

weight 1727 with oversized tires.

your car is light enough trust me
Old 07-11-2009, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HoboShop
my evo 2 wc with only ti pillow balls is under weight. The evo 2 wc is a light car out of the box you shouldn't have to take away any weight. 1727 with over-sized tires.

kyosho evo 2 wc
jp eagle tl3-t
jp 2620 pipe and manifold
futaba 9451 brushless servos
3.1 stratus
2d clutch 4 flyweights
personal transponder

hopups:
ti pillow balls
alu brake lever arm
alu middle shaft mount

weight 1727 with oversized tires.

your car is light enough trust me

we are talking about my rrr wc.not the evo 2.
do you had any rrr?how much did weight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.