Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the only gain that i can think from a 2 mm offset is
1:a bit less flex in the rear.since the pillow isn't so unscrew.
and 2:a bit more side traction from the short arms.
but again i have not see any big difference.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

if anyone is interested in my RRR WC Novarossi engine and Carbon fiber Vantage tuned pipe let me know
Old 07-05-2009, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

i know ds has been asked before but just i couldn't find the page...

i just want to know what are d pros and cons of lay-down vs. upright servo for the throttle...

thanks..
Old 07-05-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I like the up right better only because it is easier to adjust the linkage
Old 07-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RevMaxx

i just want to know what are d pros and cons of lay-down vs. upright servo for the throttle...

thanks..
The lay down will lower the CG a bit I think compare to the upright but honestly I can't tell the difference when I drive it. For me I like it in upright position (easier to change the throttle servo when you need to and less hassle coz less linkage). I m also using low profile servo which I mounted below the upper deck which should lower the CG a bit and make it look good as it sits flush with the upper deck.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR
Yes indeed.

BTW, I replaced the steel pillow balls with Ti ones, substantial weight reduction. Now I'm also thinking of replacing the nimh batt with a lipo. What do you recommend for one? Regulator, too
I sell micro batteries and run a RRR WC Evo 2 and I've found that the car handles better with the NiMH than with the Lipo. I put a Lipo in and switched back. I'm not so sure there is an advantage to Lipo in this car as I get a whole day of racing from one charge of my 1500 5 cell receiver packs. I currently only have 900mah Lipo packs for the gas cars, but I am having some 1900's made in the same dimensions as a 5 cell side by side NiMH receiver pack to see if it is enough weight to make the car feel better.

If you are going to use a Lipo I would suggesting something in the 1000mah or better range with a 4a regulator on it. Today's servos with 200+ oz/in of torque pull quite a bit of juice from the packs when you are at full brake or you have something binding your steering (like another car or the wall in my case hahah).

Some links and info:

Well soldered 5 cell pack with wires routed along the side

85mm
|----------------------|
| | | | | |
| | | | | | 32.5mm
|----------------------|

and 17.4mm tall with shrink, remove .1mm if you don't have shrink on your receiver pack.

My packs are not ready yet, but in the mean time I've had to test a bazillion Lipo manufacturer's products and settled on these and highly recommend them:
Hyperion
http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=6597

Common sense rc
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...products_id=46

IP
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-bat...?cPath=52_1285

If you want to go cheap (these cells are o.k. but they don't last as long as above before puffing).
Yeah Racing:
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-bat...?cPath=52_1285

This all assumes of course that you are mounting your regulator somewhere else. If you are mounting your regulator in the same compartment as your Lipo pack the most you are going to be able to fit in there is a 1200 or so. It will depend on how big your regulator is and i'd suggest shrink wrapping your regulator and your pack in the same "package" to avoid vibration issues.

1000's last a day or so give or take in a 1/10 like our Kyosho's, the 2200's will last about 3 full days of racing without being charged although i'm sure none of use will leave it that long after being the habit to charge after each heat .

I am working on more information and sharing the research I did fro my company into the deep rabbit hole of NiMH Lipo and LiFe batteries. Keep an eye on www.skyrocketracing.com for info in the near future. Feel free to shoot me battery questions and such via the forum, pm's or my site.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Thank you for a very comprehensive answer, nice to read.
Based on your writing I'll stick with my nimh pack unless anyone else says otherwise
Thanks again
Old 07-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

what is the stock spur gear and pinions on the evo
Old 07-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
what is the stock spur gear and pinions on the evo
pinion 16/21
spur 56/61
Old 07-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikaR
Thank you for a very comprehensive answer, nice to read.
Based on your writing I'll stick with my nimh pack unless anyone else says otherwise
Thanks again
Oh i forgot to mention that the 1500mah NiMH are about 120 grams vs the 900mah lipo at like 40grams.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RevMaxx

thanks..
When I laid the servo flat it smoothed the car out a lot. It also help on high bite with traction rolling...

I would defiantly try it out and see if you like it or not...
Old 07-06-2009, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Oh i forgot to mention that the 1500mah NiMH are about 120 grams vs the 900mah lipo at like 40grams.
this is why you run a 60-70g battery tray, putting the weight even lower than it could be with nimh. if you run certain KO servos/receiver you don't have to run a regulator and get 7.4v power straight through which takes a 0.10 servo down to 0.07 or so.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
this is why you run a 60-70g battery tray, putting the weight even lower than it could be with nimh. if you run certain KO servos/receiver you don't have to run a regulator and get 7.4v power straight through which takes a 0.10 servo down to 0.07 or so.
JR just released some high voltage servos as well, and I think HiTech RCD also has 7.4 volt servos. I'm curious about the receivers though, some of these higher voltage servos have up to 500 oz/in of torque, I don't know how many amps that would be but ... it can't be a small number.

I thought about the heavy radio tray. I may give it a shot again with the tray, but the car felt tippy and I would dig into the corners and slow waaay down without that extra 80grams in the belly.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
JR just released some high voltage servos as well, and I think HiTech RCD also has 7.4 volt servos. I'm curious about the receivers though, some of these higher voltage servos have up to 500 oz/in of torque, I don't know how many amps that would be but ... it can't be a small number.

I thought about the heavy radio tray. I may give it a shot again with the tray, but the car felt tippy and I would dig into the corners and slow waaay down without that extra 80grams in the belly.
radio tray or battery tray? my lipo + brass battery tray come out to about 120g total and you can lower the tank some and I still have to use lead on the left side of my chassis.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
radio tray or battery tray? my lipo + brass battery tray come out to about 120g total and you can lower the tank some and I still have to use lead on the left side of my chassis.
Battery tray sorry about that, had radio tray on my brain . Who makes the brass trya you use? I was thinking of having a steel one milled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.