Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corney_01
Yea i got a nt1 front diff im putting in my rrr and just wanted to see if the rear would work
does the front work?does it needs any modifications?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
does the front work?does it needs any modifications?
I get the diff this weekend so ill let you know but i dont see why it wouldnt
Old 05-21-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone know of a electronic blank set-up sheet that can be edited? The ones from Kyosho are locked with a password, so I can't do anything with them in Adobe. I had found one but it was lost when my computer crashed......

Thanks
Old 05-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Question, does the old rear swaybar off the wc really make a big difference between the new one that is adjustable?
Old 05-23-2009, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
All of those are the older ackerman arms. The EVO 2 also comes with the ackerman setup from the M3 car which is what the instructions will tell you to use. I would use the #11
I'm a little upset with the way the ackerman arm fits int eh evo2 wc, the eylets rub against the diff housing. Didn't Kyosho think anyone would want to run a diff? Do they make a smaller front diff housing than the standard one?
Old 05-23-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mcsquish
Does anyone know of a electronic blank set-up sheet that can be edited? The ones from Kyosho are locked with a password, so I can't do anything with them in Adobe. I had found one but it was lost when my computer crashed......

Thanks
Print the Kyosho Adobe version , scan it, save it as jpeg and than edit with Photo editing software I usually use Corel PP
Old 05-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Whats the Diff?

Originally Posted by YmeBP
I'm a little upset with the way the ackerman arm fits int eh evo2 wc, the eylets rub against the diff housing. Didn't Kyosho think anyone would want to run a diff? Do they make a smaller front diff housing than the standard one?
It looks like Kyosho did figure that most people would run a spool or a oneway in the Evo2/w/Evola steering components. I however,took the complete front diff and "chucked it in my drill press, (carefully), and used a vixon file and a sanding board to decrease OD of the housing. Some sanding on the inner Tie Rod ends and the Evola saver arm, and after much time, patience, test fitting, it all works.

Another guy here in Seattle has managed to fit Xray diffs front and rear. The front diff w/Kyosho sprocket goes right in. The rear required machine work to remove the Kyosho housing from the sprocket and mate the Xray housing to the Kyosho sprocket, in order to retain proper gearing and belt tension. Ive thought about just the Xray diff in the front, but my car works fine now, and I think the Evola Steering parts do improve the car, every little bit helps.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by el salvador
It looks like Kyosho did figure that most people would run a spool or a oneway in the Evo2/w/Evola steering components. I however,took the complete front diff and "chucked it in my drill press, (carefully), and used a vixon file and a sanding board to decrease OD of the housing. Some sanding on the inner Tie Rod ends and the Evola saver arm, and after much time, patience, test fitting, it all works.

Another guy here in Seattle has managed to fit Xray diffs front and rear. The front diff w/Kyosho sprocket goes right in. The rear required machine work to remove the Kyosho housing from the sprocket and mate the Xray housing to the Kyosho sprocket, in order to retain proper gearing and belt tension. Ive thought about just the Xray diff in the front, but my car works fine now, and I think the Evola Steering parts do improve the car, every little bit helps.

el salvador there is any difference in weight between kyosho and xray diffs?

maybe corney_01 can answer this.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey gregory my nt1 diff should be in my hands first thing monday so ill throw it on the scales before i put it in the car also i dont have a rrr front diff to compare it 2 but ill post the weight of the nt1 diff anyway
Steve
Old 05-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by corney_01
Hey gregory my nt1 diff should be in my hands first thing monday so ill throw it on the scales before i put it in the car also i dont have a rrr front diff to compare it 2 but ill post the weight of the nt1 diff anyway
Steve
nice Steve.
but weight it empty!
Old 05-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mcsquish

Thanks
i have one i could email you
Old 05-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Default Difference in Diff weight?

I don't know the "actual" weight difference between the Two MFG's drive train componets. I do know that the Xray parts, when added together, are lighter than the Kyosho parts. I would suspect that the smaller outside diameter of tha Xray diffs, and not so much the overall weight difference, is the main advantage. Companies like Capricorn and YBslow, make light weight outdrive cups, and Mainshafts ect, to reduce drive train weight, and reduce "Rotational Mass", which, in turn would make the car more responsive, transitation better, save wear and tear in some areas, but make for more wear in others. This is what I suspect is the results of all these "Mad Science" eexplorations into the "Unknown".

The "Guy" I mentioned previously w/the Xray Diff conversion, is a "Local Living Legend", Resident Fast Guy, That would not only "Reinvent the Wheel", But also the "Air we (and our engines) breathe". "If it can be improved", he's all over it! I, on the other hand, see no practical advantage, to go as far as he has.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

I went with the older ackerman arms, and figured my 9000 servo could just muscle it through until the parts naturally wore in and made themselves smooth.

I must say ... this car is absolutely great! I ran great laps even though i couldn't get the car to shift into 2nd consistenlty which is a different issue but i gotta tell you this car handles like a DREAM!!! It is extremely fast through the corners, settled and feels great! I love it and am VERRRRY happy i chose this car over the competition.

I am having a great deal of difficulty with the second gear though. A couple of racers helped me get the second gear shifting properly and it stopped. I' going to work on engine tuning to be sure that i'm getting the rpms to shift it but i doubt that is the problem. I have the air gap adjusted properly, and the only other thing i can think of is that i don't have the screws/nuts in properly or had two much grease on those two rollers at the top or something. Has anyone else had an issue with the two speed? Are there any suggestions for replacement or upgrade components to help with the 2 speed situation?
Old 05-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Default 2Speed not shifting?

Originally Posted by YmeBP
I went with the older ackerman arms, and figured my 9000 servo could just muscle it through until the parts naturally wore in and made themselves smooth.

I must say ... this car is absolutely great! I ran great laps even though i couldn't get the car to shift into 2nd consistenlty which is a different issue but i gotta tell you this car handles like a DREAM!!! It is extremely fast through the corners, settled and feels great! I love it and am VERRRRY happy i chose this car over the competition.

I am having a great deal of difficulty with the second gear though. A couple of racers helped me get the second gear shifting properly and it stopped. I' going to work on engine tuning to be sure that i'm getting the rpms to shift it but i doubt that is the problem. I have the air gap adjusted properly, and the only other thing i can think of is that i don't have the screws/nuts in properly or had two much grease on those two rollers at the top or something. Has anyone else had an issue with the two speed? Are there any suggestions for replacement or upgrade components to help with the 2 speed situation?
Tranny problems eh, well not too sure what to say about this issue. I know that near the begining of this thread, there were some complaints about this. I got my EVO2 last summer when first intro'ed, and I experienced this issue. But, I have 3 of these cars, (for backup/and or to rob parts from), so, I wound up taking a 2nd gear shoe holder, w/shoes from an earlier car, and haven't looked back. My trans always upshifts, have not touched it since last summer, very dependable. I know, if the grub screw in each shoe is set right, and the air gap between the shoes and 2nd gear drum are right, then setting the srping preload of the 2 shoes is just a few minutes of trial and error to get desired shift point dialed. The manual gives a good starting point, once set, Ive had no problems.

Good luck!
Old 05-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Tranny problems eh, well not too sure what to say about this issue. I know that near the begining of this thread, there were some complaints about this. I got my EVO2 last summer when first intro'ed, and I experienced this issue. But, I have 3 of these cars, (for backup/and or to rob parts from), so, I wound up taking a 2nd gear shoe holder, w/shoes from an earlier car, and haven't looked back. My trans always upshifts, have not touched it since last summer, very dependable. I know, if the grub screw in each shoe is set right, and the air gap between the shoes and 2nd gear drum are right, then setting the srping preload of the 2 shoes is just a few minutes of trial and error to get desired shift point dialed. The manual gives a good starting point, once set, Ive had no problems.

Good luck!
would you suggest hunting down the parts from an original rrr? i had it set pretty well at the start of the race the car was phenominal! but as the race went on i lost 2nd. I'm going to disassemble it and see what i can see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.