Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
Thank you Tommy for covering the diff topic, I've always wondered honestly. This is exactly what type of answer I was looking for since I don't actually own a diff for my car but I have the parts on order at this very moment.

Chris, you couldn't answer it and be constructive? So you just decide to flame me for trying to help since nobody else would cover it. The rest of you clowns jumping on board to flame me is just stupid, go out and get a beer.

Chris also, if I remember the last time I ran you. You only took TQ from me by 1 second in the last round of qualifying while I was testing 45 shore tires for the main and then I had a hard luck start in the main with no marshals that put me 3/4 of a lap down before the marshals even got to their positions (since SW series is so small the marshals had to start us and run) but if you remember at the 20 minute mark I was 3 seconds behind you but my hard luck story continued and I had an engine failure a few laps after pitting for some odd reason.

and if you only want to count big races that we have both been at I guess that would be 07 nats where you finished 2 seconds in front of me in the 15 minute 1/2 main so apparently you are quite a bit faster than me, there are plenty of people that are (17 that year) so I am ok with that. Looks like you finished higher in the 1/2 main again this year, nice job man you are getting faster. and Tommy D, losing two laps to the ever improving Chris Metheny is just sad considering you live there and the support you have but I know how hard 30 minute mains can be and I wasn't there to see it.

2009 nationals is just around the corner at a track that I don't think any of us have run at, can't wait to see you guys there. Maybe I can learn some more from you if not at some of the forgass races before hand since florida has the best racing in the country right now and everyone knows I like to travel (I'm in Vegas for a week right now actually)
WOW mister facts, Did i say i was faster than you NO. You have a lot of talent,even more excueses. What i simply asked was how can you comment on a race that you did not attend, that was all i said. Now you want to talk about a series race in houston that you did really well, but sell yourself short. You had bad luck in the main,we have all had problems, i for one had engine problems in Q1 AND Q2 Q3 i had a faster run. Main i never saw you that doesnt mean you were slow. So enough with crap about who is faster. Trust me im not even close to the top guys in the nation. I am having fun at racing. The nationals wasnt full you should have been there, SINCE you travel ,next weekend there a race a SWS in rendon. You should show up and race, I think i asked you before and you didnt even show up. Can you talk about that track since you know about it like you KNOW ft myers. I hope your not calling me a clown, dont make me finish this in public.........DONE
Old 10-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

09 Nat's I can't wait this will be interesting
Old 10-18-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

there seems to be a design flaw for the Evo 2.... anyone managed to get a front diff to fit in the new car?.... i tried but failed....
Old 10-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by katze
there seems to be a design flaw for the Evo 2.... anyone managed to get a front diff to fit in the new car?.... i tried but failed....
The bulkheads and geometry are the same as the old car so the front diff fits the same as it did before, if you look back a few pages here or the old evo thread people say that you have to do something to the ackerman to get a diff to fit in it. I don't have the parts yet so I can't tell you for sure but I have seen it covered recently.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by metheny
WOW mister facts, Did i say i was faster than you NO. You have a lot of talent,even more excueses. What i simply asked was how can you comment on a race that you did not attend, that was all i said. Now you want to talk about a series race in houston that you did really well, but sell yourself short. You had bad luck in the main,we have all had problems, i for one had engine problems in Q1 AND Q2 Q3 i had a faster run. Main i never saw you that doesnt mean you were slow. So enough with crap about who is faster. Trust me im not even close to the top guys in the nation. I am having fun at racing. The nationals wasnt full you should have been there, SINCE you travel ,next weekend there a race a SWS in rendon. You should show up and race, I think i asked you before and you didnt even show up. Can you talk about that track since you know about it like you KNOW ft myers. I hope your not calling me a clown, dont make me finish this in public.........DONE
Yeah I saw you run out of fuel in q1, and didn't know about the other two so you must really be quite a bit faster than me if you flamed out and beat me by 1 second. I'm not calling you a clown, I'm calling the others clowns for jumping on the band wagon. At least you have something personal against me.

I skipped nationals because it's not a worlds year and I plan on attending forgass races for less expense and the same competition more or less. I skipped the last race in dallas due to a family conflict but I think I can do next weekend because I've wanted to see that track first hand as well.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah I saw you run out of fuel in q1, and didn't know about the other two so you must really be quite a bit faster than me if you flamed out and beat me by 1 second. I'm not calling you a clown, I'm calling the others clowns for jumping on the band wagon. At least you have something personal against me.

I skipped nationals because it's not a worlds year and I plan on attending forgass races for less expense and the same competition more or less. I skipped the last race in dallas due to a family conflict but I think I can do next weekend because I've wanted to see that track first hand as well.
What do i have personal against you. i think your digging your own hole kid.... the only thing i said was you shouldnt talk about a track that you dont know about, car stuff i guess you try to lend a hand about you car not sure i dont have on of those cars, so see i dont talk about you car when i know nothing about it CAUSE i dont have one, I would be careful calling anyone names here clowns or not. IF there is something personal we need to discuss,i wont do it here.You let me know when your ready to talk about this personal problem. you know my number. IF you comment again i will consider it a personal attack on me.. dont push it STOP now
Old 10-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

The bulkheads and geometry are the same as the old car so the front diff fits the same as it did before, if you look back a few pages here or the old evo thread people say that you have to do something to the ackerman to get a diff to fit in it. I don't have the parts yet so I can't tell you for sure but I have seen it covered recently.
after some inspection, realised that you cant use the new servo saver plate on the evo2 if you wish to run the diff... had to change back to the older ackerman plates for the diff to run...

swopped out for a diff now but the hassle is just a tad too much given that i used to be able play with my selection up front easily on my old evo.

it kind sucks since kyosho should haved taken into consideration diff users when they threw in the m3 servo saver plate...
Old 10-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The spool vs diff debate is an interesting one. Maybe it's just the tracks I race on, but I've never felt a spool was inadequate. Personally I think there is more time to be found elsewhere in the set up than in swapping out the spool for a diff, maybe on some tracks thats not the case but yeah, interesting stuff nonetheless
Old 10-19-2008, 03:49 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Thanks racers for the debate for the diff verses spool. The knowledge you guys pass on helps people make a dissicion on what to use.I race at Brendale QLD Aus. where the 2006 worlds were held & most drivers are using diffs with heavy oil (not many Kyosho's but.) I have an EVO 1 with a diff but have set up my car to the new EVO 2 specs with Kawahara ZBB 0 offset rims (no top & bottom deck) but it has made it handle a lot better.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraigM
The spool vs diff debate is an interesting one. Maybe it's just the tracks I race on, but I've never felt a spool was inadequate. Personally I think there is more time to be found elsewhere in the set up than in swapping out the spool for a diff, maybe on some tracks thats not the case but yeah, interesting stuff nonetheless
Correct, I have always felt a spool to be faster for me on every track all the way back from my electric days because it gave up the least and produced the most except for one... SoCal where I absolutely had to run double oneways to be able to compete which was odd because it was a very small track (inside a banked oval) with basically only sharp 180's but you could carry so much corner speed because of the grip that you didn't have to brake, just let off and hit it.

The next question about diffs is what oil people are using, I talked to a local guy here that has run 300k or 500k oil (same to me really once you get that thick) and says it really is different than a spool so I can't wait to try it since I feel that 500k is basically a spool except you get more drivetrain weight. Since Kyosho hasn't really had diff setups for their car in ages, you can really only start with Xray setups which put you in the 80k-100k range unless any of you happen to know what multiple drivers ran at nats and worlds.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Diff Oils

Kyosho now has diff oils 100k,300k & 500k. I bought my 100k from RC Champ just recently (good stuff). BTW the car that won the 2008 worlds was an EVO 1 with capricorn option parts but set up to EVO 2 spec eg RC,offsets etc. I aslo found out that Shimo was running an EVO2 with an EVO 1 chassis???
Old 10-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Split Pin,

Do you know why Shimo was running the Evo 2 with an Evo 1 Chassis??? Do you know if the cross member in the front was cut out from the chassis?

My experience with a diff vs. a spool is that the diff gives me more control of the car under braking and of course more steering going into turns. With the spool I can brake in a straight line but when you try steering and braking at the same time is when the car can get a bit squirly on you (is that even a word, squirly). I do switch back to the spool on the one big track I have run at but here locally the diff works much better for me as our track is very tight and the spool upsets the car to much under braking. I guess it's what you feel comfortable with based on your own driving style. The other thing you get with the spool is more wear and tear on your CVD's and they're not cheap. So I guess to each his own.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hello guys . well last weekend was my first club race with the evo2. although i was 6 seconds off my personal best laptime the handling was very good esp. diving in and out of corners. other than that i believe i need to find tune a few setups to make it better. also i did not used the 2d clutch sets coz didn't have enough time to explore, i stick with the 3d setups. anyway after the race ended when i diassemble the engine i was shock to see the clutch preload spring tightness has changed. it became 1.6mm, previously i set it around 1.2mm . weird i thought so. thats why my car felt a bit "under power" during the finals...cheers.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anyone had tried the Atomic 7075 chassis and it is good ?
Old 10-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Does anybody know enough chinese to call KM in hong kong and find out about that top deck since it has been out of stock for a month? I can even bridge the call if you don't want to spend the long distance.

Tel : +852 3568-8058

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.