R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #1456
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pasir Ris
Posts: 81
Default

Would Sanwa/Airtronics Servo Horn for Throttle work with KO servos?
AdrianOngs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:26 PM   #1457
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianOngs View Post
Would Sanwa/Airtronics Servo Horn for Throttle work with KO servos?
Yes! they have the same amount of splines in the output gear.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:45 AM   #1458
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pasir Ris
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Yes! they have the same amount of splines in the output gear.
Thanks lots!
AdrianOngs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:01 AM   #1459
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default Need more stabilty + steering

Hi guys, some questions as i am desperatly in need of help

I am running in a low grip / bumby / very tight track, first run with stock setup sheet Data Ver1 had a feel of lots understeer. Than i was speakeing to people at the track and everyone runs the front with more grip than the rear.

Tried it and got very much better bit still way off.

Now i studied the car and would like to have some questions answered if you please

1.The new Evo 2 has the 2mm ( 384 Belt ) will that aid in my sort of track as i noticed that the rear wheel spin more than the fronts since of the ratio but couldn't figure out if it was the belt doing this or its normal in touring cars?

2. Shocks: I surely need to run a softer setup due to the bumby condition, would you recommend for an allround softer spring setup or would you suggest going softer but with a softer fron in order to get more steering?

3. Shock Oil: if i will be running softer springs do you suggest going for lower oil value like 30 / 35

4. Camber: At the moment i don't own a tire truer so we have to runin the tyres in order to ger them trued well . I am running 1 degree in front and 2.5 in the rear. after some driving i was noticing that the outer wall was wearing more the the inner in all four wheels, does that mean i need mor camber?

5. Caster: Would you recommend any other setting for my type of track?

Thats all for now, if i remeber anything else i will post later on.

Thanks very much
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #1460
Tech Master
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,106
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

im looking forward to hearing what people say speed6, as my track is exactly the same.

also id like to add to your question list, why does everyone want to run a harder rear and softer front. wouldn't that cause some serious oversteer??
__________________
B.Portelli
Hyper RC - RAB Hobbies - Wild Turbo Fans
Race Opt - Team Powers
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:40 AM   #1461
Tech Master
 
el salvador's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Western Seattle Bucko!
Posts: 1,072
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=I)arkness;6275095 why does everyone want to run a harder rear and softer front. wouldn't that cause some serious oversteer??[/QUOTE]

Mostly because the rear tires wear much faster than the fronts, the 2mm dia split will retain its relationship longer therefore making the car more consistant. You can always dialout too much steering. This is more of an issue for long Mains
__________________
ARC R8 X2/ Max RP9 or O.S. R2101 ,Capricorn LAB C02-TOP Elite R, ARC R11....

"Every Cemetery in Chicago Votes Democrat!"
el salvador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:41 AM   #1462
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbourne,Australia
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I)arkness are you talking about lilydale? i found running softer tyres in the front gives me more options during a race and i like lots of steering but for some reason im using 43 rears 40 fronts and it feels good where before 40s all around worked well now not so good and 37s made the car step out i running near stock set up also
__________________
ARC R10/2015 - HOBBYWING - PROAMPS - ORCA

BRCCC
elche_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:10 AM   #1463
Tech Master
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,106
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elche_83 View Post
I)arkness are you talking about lilydale? i found running softer tyres in the front gives me more options during a race and i like lots of steering but for some reason im using 43 rears 40 fronts and it feels good where before 40s all around worked well now not so good and 37s made the car step out i running near stock set up also
no, i wasnt talking about lilydale, but just in general. ive spoken to a few guys and they mentioned running a harder rear. also having a 2mm split are you guys running the 24T pulley rather the 23 on the long belt?
__________________
B.Portelli
Hyper RC - RAB Hobbies - Wild Turbo Fans
Race Opt - Team Powers
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:05 AM   #1464
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbourne,Australia
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

im running a 2mm split with the standard pulley and belt but im keen to try the different belt and pulley
__________________
ARC R10/2015 - HOBBYWING - PROAMPS - ORCA

BRCCC
elche_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:28 AM   #1465
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Hi guys, some questions as i am desperatly in need of help

I am running in a low grip / bumby / very tight track, first run with stock setup sheet Data Ver1 had a feel of lots understeer. Than i was speakeing to people at the track and everyone runs the front with more grip than the rear.

Tried it and got very much better bit still way off.

Now i studied the car and would like to have some questions answered if you please

1.The new Evo 2 has the 2mm ( 384 Belt ) will that aid in my sort of track as i noticed that the rear wheel spin more than the fronts since of the ratio but couldn't figure out if it was the belt doing this or its normal in touring cars?

2. Shocks: I surely need to run a softer setup due to the bumby condition, would you recommend for an allround softer spring setup or would you suggest going softer but with a softer fron in order to get more steering?

3. Shock Oil: if i will be running softer springs do you suggest going for lower oil value like 30 / 35

4. Camber: At the moment i don't own a tire truer so we have to runin the tyres in order to ger them trued well . I am running 1 degree in front and 2.5 in the rear. after some driving i was noticing that the outer wall was wearing more the the inner in all four wheels, does that mean i need mor camber?

5. Caster: Would you recommend any other setting for my type of track?

Thats all for now, if i remeber anything else i will post later on.

Thanks very much
BUMB
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #1466
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Hi guys, some questions as i am desperatly in need of help

I am running in a low grip / bumby / very tight track, first run with stock setup sheet Data Ver1 had a feel of lots understeer. Than i was speakeing to people at the track and everyone runs the front with more grip than the rear.

Tried it and got very much better bit still way off.

Now i studied the car and would like to have some questions answered if you please

1.The new Evo 2 has the 2mm ( 384 Belt ) will that aid in my sort of track as i noticed that the rear wheel spin more than the fronts since of the ratio but couldn't figure out if it was the belt doing this or its normal in touring cars?

2. Shocks: I surely need to run a softer setup due to the bumby condition, would you recommend for an allround softer spring setup or would you suggest going softer but with a softer fron in order to get more steering?

3. Shock Oil: if i will be running softer springs do you suggest going for lower oil value like 30 / 35

4. Camber: At the moment i don't own a tire truer so we have to runin the tyres in order to ger them trued well . I am running 1 degree in front and 2.5 in the rear. after some driving i was noticing that the outer wall was wearing more the the inner in all four wheels, does that mean i need mor camber?

5. Caster: Would you recommend any other setting for my type of track?

Thats all for now, if i remeber anything else i will post later on.

Thanks very much
1, normal for split
2, softer will generate more roll which will generate traction, you can stand the rears up to make them slightly stiffer. roll center is more important, move the rear lower pins down for more bite and the front uppers down for more bite.
3, I use 500 or 600cst only, cold, dusty, double section on the straight, whatever
4, you need more camber, i true my tires with 1 degree negative to start and allow them to wear that way, each tire has different settings but i am in the 2 degree front area and 3.5+ in the rear. try to get the tires cut with a 2mm split, it's important not to run them from the box.
5, caster all the way forward will give you the best turn-in (shims in back) so that should be the best for a tight track.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #1467
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 427
Default

What are the part numbers to run dog bones in the rear of the car? I seem to have some longer cvd's with a spacer on the outside of the axle before the wheels hex and it is making the rear of the car break loose....any suggestions.
jiggamacdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #1468
Tech Addict
 
RevMaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cebu
Posts: 687
Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx
Default

got a good bargain with an rrr evo and got it running in the track. handling was good and car was very stable and predictable on set-up changes.

i have 2 major problems with the car:

1. stripped spur gear (1st) . in two weeks, i've stripped 4 spurs. engine is not moving. if i let the car just roll on the track, no stripping.. if i push the car in aggressive mode, then it strips. what's the secret on the mesh? I've never had stripping problem with my 720 in 2 years of use.
i'm using 16T steel 1st gear pinion, 23T aluminum 2nd gear pinion
61T 1st gear spur/55 2nd gear spur


2. rear wheel nut comes loose. has anybody experience of rear wheel nut coming loose? yesterday, i lost 3 wheel nuts. had to put thread lock in. am already using the threaded back-face nut.
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:00 PM   #1469
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 427
Default

try shorter screws on the bottom with a conical washer, it may not appear to be shifting around but the screws are probably touching on the top or bottom giving the feel of being tight. I had this same problem, as for the wheel nuts which are you using? try to use the ones that have a serated back to them so it digs into the plastic.

hope this helps
jiggamacdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:01 PM   #1470
Tech Master
 
el salvador's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Western Seattle Bucko!
Posts: 1,072
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggamacdaddy View Post
What are the part numbers to run dog bones in the rear of the car? I seem to have some longer cvd's with a spacer on the outside of the axle before the wheels hex and it is making the rear of the car break loose....any suggestions.
Rear Dogbone VS023

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevMaxx View Post
got a good bargain with an rrr evo and got it running in the track. handling was good and car was very stable and predictable on set-up changes.

i have 2 major problems with the car:

1. stripped spur gear (1st) . in two weeks, i've stripped 4 spurs. engine is not moving. if i let the car just roll on the track, no stripping.. if i push the car in aggressive mode, then it strips. what's the secret on the mesh? I've never had stripping problem with my 720 in 2 years of use.
i'm using 16T steel 1st gear pinion, 23T aluminum 2nd gear pinion
61T 1st gear spur/55 2nd gear spur


2. rear wheel nut comes loose. has anybody experience of rear wheel nut coming loose? yesterday, i lost 3 wheel nuts. had to put thread lock in. am already using the threaded back-face nut.
1. Set the gear mesh "Tighter than you'd Think necessary", I set the engine location so that 1st and 2nd pinions have slightly "Firm contact" w/their Spur gears, then run the car (sually on the starter box) breifly, to allow the spurs to sorta breakin, if you will, then check that the car is not bound up, but mesh is still good.

2. Maybe the condition of your Wheel Nuts are questionable? At anyrate, I always use a small drop of Blue Loctite on each axle shaft, especially to prep for a long Main.

HTH
__________________
ARC R8 X2/ Max RP9 or O.S. R2101 ,Capricorn LAB C02-TOP Elite R, ARC R11....

"Every Cemetery in Chicago Votes Democrat!"
el salvador is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:15 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net