R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2009, 12:37 AM   #1351
Tech Master
 
barg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,205
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to barg
Default

Anyone know where I can get VZW024v-8 Titunium pivot balls in a hurry?

Ive looked everywhere......
__________________
XRAY NT1-2015 Spec | Max Power Engines | KO KIY EX10 | Protoform | Matrix Tires | XRAY X12-16

HEI International | www.hobbyexpress.com.au
www.nswrcrcc.com
barg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #1352
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Poland, Warsaw
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barg View Post
Anyone know where I can get VZW024v-8 Titunium pivot balls in a hurry?

Ive looked everywhere......

rc-mushroom or ebay

Like this???

Hope this helps!

m.
__________________
Michal Abramowicz
http://abram.eu.org/gear_tc6.php
My setups there -> http://www.rc-setups.com
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #1353
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

or try here.

http://www.rc-toro.com/product_info....4454f3d4ee08ad
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #1354
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

New hopup part guys!!!

YBLSLOW has a titanium 2 sp shaft. While there are a few other companies that make this part, there is at least one thing that makes this one unique. First it is made out of a very high grade of titanium. It is hard enough that I know Brad has broken more taps when making these things than any other part he does.
Here is the real cool thing about this one (besides the obvious weight savings):

This one has all the flats ground on it if you use the current brake pulley system which is an aluminum brake pulley. It also has all the pinholes so for anybody (such as myself) that prefers to use the older RRR plastic brake pulley setup. It uses center ground titanium so it is a good and true diameter. This is one of those hopups that is not only a weight savings up higher in the car, but it is also rotating weight.
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #1355
Tech Fanatic
 
Alex Siddique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central Coast , NSW Australia
Posts: 872
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Alex Siddique
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barg View Post
Anyone know where I can get VZW024v-8 Titunium pivot balls in a hurry?

Ive looked everywhere......
i think i have some used once i will have a look and bring it to the track .
Alex S
__________________
No Fucker's Taking my money O/s OR local :) :)
Alex Siddique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #1356
Tech Master
 
barg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,205
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to barg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrcraceway View Post
i think i have some used once i will have a look and bring it to the track .
Alex S
Thanks Alex, I found some but they are a couple short.

Kyosho only sell the 2 pack now. The 8 pack has been discontinued.

Are you guys coming to Moorebank on Sunday?
__________________
XRAY NT1-2015 Spec | Max Power Engines | KO KIY EX10 | Protoform | Matrix Tires | XRAY X12-16

HEI International | www.hobbyexpress.com.au
www.nswrcrcc.com
barg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:55 AM   #1357
Tech Fanatic
 
Alex Siddique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central Coast , NSW Australia
Posts: 872
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Alex Siddique
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barg View Post
Thanks Alex, I found some but they are a couple short.

Kyosho only sell the 2 pack now. The 8 pack has been discontinued.

Are you guys coming to Moorebank on Sunday?
yeah me , steven C and rob C are coming down. i dont know about other coasties
well i think i could only find 6 myself. anyways i bring them with me .
__________________
No Fucker's Taking my money O/s OR local :) :)
Alex Siddique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:22 AM   #1358
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barg View Post
Thanks Alex, I found some but they are a couple short.

Kyosho only sell the 2 pack now. The 8 pack has been discontinued.

Are you guys coming to Moorebank on Sunday?
Why do you think that Kyosho discontinued the 8 pack? I am not saying you are wrong, because I don't know but that makes no sense at all.
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:35 AM   #1359
Tech Master
 
barg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,205
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to barg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
Why do you think that Kyosho discontinued the 8 pack? I am not saying you are wrong, because I don't know but that makes no sense at all.
Well no one has them anywhere and one co in Japan I asked said they were discontinued. I could be wrong. Its just what they said.
__________________
XRAY NT1-2015 Spec | Max Power Engines | KO KIY EX10 | Protoform | Matrix Tires | XRAY X12-16

HEI International | www.hobbyexpress.com.au
www.nswrcrcc.com
barg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:37 AM   #1360
Tech Master
 
barg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,205
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to barg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
New hopup part guys!!!

YBLSLOW has a titanium 2 sp shaft. While there are a few other companies that make this part, there is at least one thing that makes this one unique. First it is made out of a very high grade of titanium. It is hard enough that I know Brad has broken more taps when making these things than any other part he does.
Here is the real cool thing about this one (besides the obvious weight savings):

This one has all the flats ground on it if you use the current brake pulley system which is an aluminum brake pulley. It also has all the pinholes so for anybody (such as myself) that prefers to use the older RRR plastic brake pulley setup. It uses center ground titanium so it is a good and true diameter. This is one of those hopups that is not only a weight savings up higher in the car, but it is also rotating weight.
How much are they worth?
__________________
XRAY NT1-2015 Spec | Max Power Engines | KO KIY EX10 | Protoform | Matrix Tires | XRAY X12-16

HEI International | www.hobbyexpress.com.au
www.nswrcrcc.com
barg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:01 PM   #1361
prg
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys
Can anyone tell me if using a 17t 1st pinion and and a 23t 2nd pinion will strip gears spurs are 55 and 59.

Thanks

peter
prg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:02 AM   #1362
Tech Master
 
barg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,205
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to barg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prg View Post
Hi Guys
Can anyone tell me if using a 17t 1st pinion and and a 23t 2nd pinion will strip gears spurs are 55 and 59.

Thanks

peter
It shouldnt. I havent run 59 ive run 60/55 17/23 with no problems. Its all about the mesh. On the kyosho you need to run your mesh as tight as possible without it binding. There should be no play between the pinion and spur as long as it spins freely.

Give it a try.
__________________
XRAY NT1-2015 Spec | Max Power Engines | KO KIY EX10 | Protoform | Matrix Tires | XRAY X12-16

HEI International | www.hobbyexpress.com.au
www.nswrcrcc.com
barg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #1363
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prg View Post
Hi Guys
Can anyone tell me if using a 17t 1st pinion and and a 23t 2nd pinion will strip gears spurs are 55 and 59.

Thanks

peter
I ran 17/59 and 23/55 earlier today. as barg said, you need the mesh right.

To me, right almost sounds like it is binding when you spin the gears but they spin free. they will wear in but it seems extremely tight.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #1364
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Poland, Warsaw
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
I ran 17/59 and 23/55 earlier today. as barg said, you need the mesh right.

To me, right almost sounds like it is binding when you spin the gears but they spin free. they will wear in but it seems extremely tight.
Hi Brian!

You wrote that 17/59 and 23/55 you have run, but:
17+59 = 76
23+55 = 78
and 76 != 78 ...
They are mesh right without wear?

For me better is 17/61 and 23/55 that I test and no wear ...

I ask because I'm a little curious :-)

m.
__________________
Michal Abramowicz
http://abram.eu.org/gear_tc6.php
My setups there -> http://www.rc-setups.com
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:32 AM   #1365
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz View Post
Hi Brian!

You wrote that 17/59 and 23/55 you have run, but:
17+59 = 76
23+55 = 78
and 76 != 78 ...
They are mesh right without wear?

For me better is 17/61 and 23/55 that I test and no wear ...

I ask because I'm a little curious :-)

m.
wear? remember I set my gear mesh until it grinds but spins freely and then I wear the gears in on the first run. I still get hours of time out of them this way. I don't think the gears have enough of a difference in size to really matter, gear for your engine and work with the rest. My IDM engine will happily pull 17/59 on all but the shortest tracks where I will go to a 60 or 61 with the same 55 or 56 spur, all without changing the gear mesh.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:26 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net