R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #1081
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrcraceway View Post
i prefer the 2 piece mount, chassis has a bit more flex . i found with one piece mount i now and then strip gears . but with the 2 peice mount i have only strip one gear in almost 8 months and that too i think it was cos of driving on a dirty track .
I installed an aluminum bar (manufactured by myself) instead of the plastic one that joins the rear bulkhead to the radio tray over the clutch and I had never had any spurs damaged since 2005. I run almost once a month in a dirty or cleaned surfaces including national events.
mortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #1082
Tech Adept

Default ????

Hi, I just have changed my cars for a new v-one rrr wc.
I have read some issues about the clutch
Will be really necessary spend 100$ more in a sirio clutch? or the stock will work as well?
Do you have some tips?
Thanks in advance
Arushmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #1083
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushmen View Post
Hi, I just have changed my cars for a new v-one rrr wc.
I have read some issues about the clutch
Will be really necessary spend 100$ more in a sirio clutch? or the stock will work as well?
Do you have some tips?
Thanks in advance
You do not need to get the sirio clutch. What kind of engine do have?
Old 05-11-2009, 07:01 AM   #1084
Tech Adept

Thanks.
I Have a Novarrosi 123.
Arushmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #1085
Tech Regular

Im looking for some good aluminum pignon. What brands are decent? I used the Kyosho in past and they wear so fast so I went to steel. Yet I want to go with aluminum to save weight
thanks
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #1086
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushmen View Post
Thanks.
I Have a Novarrosi 123.
I am assuming from your answer that you have a Novarossi Plus 12-3?
You should be good with the stock clutch. Worst case is you may want to lighten you flyweights. You can experiment with the weights a bit. They are pretty inexpensive if you screw them up. For that engine I would start with all the stock clutch parts (stock spring and grey clutch shoe). Compress your spring until about 1.3mm of thread shows. Set your gap to .4mm. I would start with the endplay at just enough to make sure nothing binds. Make sure your engine is properly tuned and start with that setup. If you need more snap, you can try adding .1mm endplay. You can also try lightening the flyweights. You can of course tighten the spring some more but I wouldn't go past 1.7mm or you may start to run into coil bind.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #1087
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey guys, whats the part numbers for the front diff ?
I believe the front diff uses the same bevel gears as the rear diff but with different housing?
but could you please post me the right parts to get?

thanks.

- im taking you down, im taking you to funky town!
beers4evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #1088
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by beers4evo View Post
hey guys, whats the part numbers for the front diff ?
I believe the front diff uses the same bevel gears as the rear diff but with different housing?
but could you please post me the right parts to get?

thanks.
Hi Mate,

The front/rear housing comes together in a set.

They use the same bevel gears, but use different outdrives (VZ218 are the outdrives used for the front Diff)

You also need to use the older servo ackerman arms (they come standard in the EVO2 kit)

Also, you need to use ball ends on the ackerman to prevent it rubbing with the diff.

To be honest, it took some time for me to get the diff into my EVO2, and working fine.

I only got to test it once at Moorebank with 100k oil, but I must say the car did feel much easier to drive, and I am sure with a few minor tweaks and an adjustment to my driving style (going from solid to diff) the car would be quicker.

Check this topic a few pages back, someone posted the parts required.

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #1089
Tech Elite

Everything Novarossi said is correct. To add a bit more to it though. The front diff housing probably came with your kit as well. Both halves come in the Diff pulley set (part number VZ 204) It uses the same bevel gears, diff gears, gaskets, pins etc as the rear diff. Only difference between the front and rear diff is the housing, and the outdrives. Also, the front diff uses the same screw-on pulley that would go onto a one-way or a spool. Just make sure you don't use both sides of the pulley or the whole thing will be too wide to fit into the bulkheads. Also as Novarossi said, use the older ackerman plates or you will have issues with the diff and ackerman plate rubbing on each other.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #1090
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anybody tried or currently running the 24th pullley overdrive? What are some advantages and disadvantages with that set-up, besides better tire wear?
blount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #1091
Tech Fanatic

I'm running the 24 tooth pulley and from what I can tell (which may be incorrect so others chime in) there is less steering middle-out but more going in. I have also been told it should be easier on tires, but I haven't noticed it. Last year I ran a little faster lap times with the 24, but I am hoping when I can start racing again I will try running back-to-back and see. Just my $.02

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:09 PM   #1092
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by blount View Post
Has anybody tried or currently running the 24th pullley overdrive? What are some advantages and disadvantages with that set-up, besides better tire wear?
Well I've tried both 24t pulley with 1mm split and 23t pulley 2mm split and the car was faster with 23t pulley 2mm split and 384 middle belt....you also have to take into consideration what middle belt your using 384 or 387 so you might want to test it out for yourself to see what is faster to you.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:59 AM   #1093
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson View Post
Well I've tried both 24t pulley with 1mm split and 23t pulley 2mm split and the car was faster with 23t pulley 2mm split and 384 middle belt....you also have to take into consideration what middle belt your using 384 or 387 so you might want to test it out for yourself to see what is faster to you.

I've only ran this set-up once. It was with the 384 belt in toledo. I ran it with the tire having a 2mm split. After 30 min main the tires came off the track with a 1mm split. I will test this weekend at 301 and see how the handles and lap times.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #1094
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blount View Post
I've only ran this set-up once. It was with the 384 belt in toledo. I ran it with the tire having a 2mm split. After 30 min main the tires came off the track with a 1mm split. I will test this weekend at 301 and see how the handles and lap times.
I was wondering does anybody run the 387 middle belt are u running a solid or diff because tire wear is different when u run a solid I notice with a diff tire wear is about even after about 30min of running..
Old 05-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #1095
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson View Post
I was wondering does anybody run the 387 middle belt are u running a solid or diff because tire wear is different when u run a solid I notice with a diff tire wear is about even after about 30min of running..
I was running the solid. Did you notice anything different with the way the car handled?