R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-08-2009, 08:20 AM   #946
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
My WC kit came with 20k, and 400wt shock oil.
I have the orginal RRR that I changed every time Kyosho changed the car, and it came with 30k & 500wt shock oil
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #947
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkillaii View Post
I have the orginal RRR that I changed every time Kyosho changed the car, and it came with 30k & 500wt shock oil

I would try 600wt shock oil all the way around. vince told me about that set-up and the car is on rails tons of on and off power steering i can post the rest of the set up if you like. I love the kyosho car so far it is so easy to drive nothing against the mtx4r but the evo 2 wc fells much better.

Last edited by HoboShop; 04-08-2009 at 10:09 PM.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #948
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
I would try 600wt shock oil all the way around. vince told me about that set-up and the car is on rails tons of onand off power steering i can post the rest of the set up if you like. I love tghe kyosho car so far it is so easy to drive nothing against the mtx4r but the evo 2 wc fells much better.
please post the set up
andy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #949
Tech Adept

Quote:
I would try 600wt shock oil all the way around. vince told me about that set-up and the car is on rails tons of on and off power steering i can post the rest of the set up if you like. I love the kyosho car so far it is so easy to drive nothing against the mtx4r but the evo 2 wc fells much better.
What set up are you running for 301? my car felt a little loose on sunday. im running 600shock oil, 50k diff oil, A (the lowest upper arm height) and the 2mm spacer, 5.5mm ride height in the front 6mm in the back,42shore tires.

also what gear ratio are you useing. im geting bet on the straight. im useing the stock ratio.
thanks Dock (im alberto, the kid you trues the tires for)
olkleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #950
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olkleaf View Post
What set up are you running for 301? my car felt a little loose on sunday. im running 600shock oil, 50k diff oil, A (the lowest upper arm height) and the 2mm spacer, 5.5mm ride height in the front 6mm in the back,42shore tires.

also what gear ratio are you useing. im geting bet on the straight. im useing the stock ratio.
thanks Dock (im alberto, the kid you trues the tires for)
tell us about your car and the track.motor,traction,what exactly your car was doing!
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #951
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
tell us about your car and the track.motor,traction,what exactly your car was doing!
im running the vone evo2
600shock oil and lowest shock position all the way around, blue springs,
rear 50k diff oil, spool in the front.
A (the lowest upper arm height) and the 2mm spacer,
2.0 rear sway bar, the front roll bar is at 3rd position
5.5mm ride height in the front 6mm in the back,42shore tires.
every thing else is stock
im using RB R3 with the skyline pipe
its for 301 raceway
i felt like the car was over stering alittle my rear would side it wasnt very bad but it was more then i like
Old 04-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #952
Tech Master

Quote:
im running the vone evo2
its for 301 raceway
i felt like the car was over stering alittle my rear would side it wasnt very bad but it was more then i like

toe in -out,camper?body?
Old 04-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #953
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
toe in -out,camper?body?
i knew i forgot something. 2 toein in the back, 2 toe out in the front. camber 2 degrees for all tires, the stratus 3.1 bodywing is in the middle hole. i think the tires are trued to 60mm in the front and 58mm in the back. im not sure
Old 04-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #954
Tech Master

Quote:
i new i forgot something. 2 toein in the back, 2 toe out in the front. camber 2 degrees for all tires, the stratus 3.1 bodywing is in the middle hole. i think the tires are trued to 60mm in the front and 58mm in the back. im not sure

it oversteer on power?off?enter in the corner or what?
Old 04-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #955
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
i new i forgot something. 2 toein in the back, 2 toe out in the front. camber 2 degrees for all tires, the stratus 3.1 bodywing is in the middle hole. i think the tires are trued to 60mm in the front and 58mm in the back. im not sure
Check your PM
Here are some tips that Vince pass me the other day, 20k DIFF OIL, 0.5 toe out @ front, 4.5 camber @ rear tires (depends on how they wear out) all the rest seens to be the same as the Setup I run.
- F1 - F103RM (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
RC-ProSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #956
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Front sway bar is at 0 gedrees (softest position)
- F1 - F103RM (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
RC-ProSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #957
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed View Post
Front sway bar is at 0 gedrees (softest position)
PM sent
ok 0 degress in the front sway bar then.
what gear ratio are you using? im geting beat at the end of the straight the other guys are passing right by right before you get to the sweaper. i don't know if its becouse the engine is rich. i am running it a little rich couse it doesn't have that much fuel through it.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #958
Tech Addict

Quote:
im running the vone evo2
its for 301 raceway
I have that same motor and I was also at 301 sunday. First, thats the wrong pipe for that motor. I had that same pipe and it bogged my motor down when I was at ft myers, fl. Dont run it! For that motor You need either the RB-2604 pipe or, the nova 2630. Murnan mod's will have one or the other. Go with either 20k, 30k in the back. I had 30k, most like 20k. For gearing you need to go with a 17/23 or maybe depending on motor 17/22. You have the right motor, it's that pipe that hurting your top-end power on the back straight.
blount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #959
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blount View Post
I have that same motor and I was also at 301 sunday. First, thats the wrong pipe for that motor. I had that same pipe and it bogged my motor down when I was at ft myers, fl. Dont run it! For that motor You need either the RB-2604 pipe or, the nova 2630. Murnan mod's will have one or the other. Go with either 20k, 30k in the back. I had 30k, most like 20k. For gearing you need to go with a 17/23 or maybe depending on motor 17/22. You have the right motor, it's that pipe that hurting your top-end power on the back straight.

good luck alberto he hit it right on the head you will see a big difference in your motors power performance with the rb 2604, or the nova 2630. The 2630 will give you more topend but it will also burn more fuel. the 2604 will give you more bottom-end, and midrange and it is better on fuel. With both pipes run the short manifold, you engine has plenty of power but for that track i would go 17-22 59-56 that will give you a good balance of bottom and top-end. If you dont have those gears i would be more than happy to give them t you the next time i see you and i will give you my set-up sheet. I will post the set-up i use when i get home vince is the man the car is dailed in now
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #960
Tech Adept

Quote:
good luck alberto he hit it right on the head you will see a big difference in your motors power performance with the rb 2604, or the nova 2630. The 2630 will give you more topend but it will also burn more fuel. the 2604 will give you more bottom-end, and midrange and it is better on fuel. With both pipes run the short manifold, you engine has plenty of power but for that track i would go 17-22 59-56 that will give you a good balance of bottom and top-end. If you dont have those gears i would be more than happy to give them t you the next time i see you and i will give you my set-up sheet. I will post the set-up i use when i get home vince is the man the car is dailed in now

Quote:
Originally Posted by blount View Post
i changed the diff oil to 20k. im looking on ebay for the pipes thanks