dg8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #842
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosho player View Post
Hi,
What is the difference between the 2d clutch and the 3d clutch
yeah what is the difference, I'm using the grey clutch shoes...the stock ones...some people use the red ones...
beers4evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:45 AM   #843
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Alex Siddique
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by beers4evo View Post
yeah what is the difference, I'm using the grey clutch shoes...the stock ones...some people use the red ones...

I too have looked for the answer to what is the difference between btw 2d and 3d clutch . and not finding the answer to the question i went on doing my own tests to figure out the difference . so my answer is based on physic and some of it based on experience .

physic's say the less the moving part the better and strong the system is.

3d clutch has 3 weight hence when they push outward to engage the clutch its not necessary that all the weight have the same amount of G force working on them so there is a bit of lack in consistence in engagement hence a bit more slippage . i believe the 3d clutch runs a bit more hotter than the 2d .causing more stress on the bearing and all the internals . The 3d fly wheel material wore out easily.

2d clutch has 2 weight which are opposite to one another and so evenly push out under load . and hence has more consistence in engagement. the fly wheel is coated so the inside doesnt wear like the 3d clutch hence again a better smoother throw . 2d clutch was devolved for the new age high revin engines to provide a smoother feel and convert more rev's to forward motion .
now this what i have learned and btw these two system 2d is my choice.

now the Grey shoe is made of softer material causing a bit more slippage then the red shoe , clutch system normally gets a bit hotter compared to red shoe . grey shoe good in low traction small tracks . they have a softer engagement .
red shoe made of a harder material which provides strong engagement with less slip, which reduces heat to provide consistent performance from start to finish. they are good on big track (like moorebank )

so this is based on my experience and it could be totally opposite to what the book's say.
cheers
Alex Siddique
Old 03-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #844
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrcraceway View Post
I too have looked for the answer to what is the difference between btw 2d and 3d clutch . and not finding the answer to the question i went on doing my own tests to figure out the difference . so my answer is based on physic and some of it based on experience .

physic's say the less the moving part the better and strong the system is.

3d clutch has 3 weight hence when they push outward to engage the clutch its not necessary that all the weight have the same amount of G force working on them so there is a bit of lack in consistence in engagement hence a bit more slippage . i believe the 3d clutch runs a bit more hotter than the 2d .causing more stress on the bearing and all the internals . The 3d fly wheel material wore out easily.

2d clutch has 2 weight which are opposite to one another and so evenly push out under load . and hence has more consistence in engagement. the fly wheel is coated so the inside doesnt wear like the 3d clutch hence again a better smoother throw . 2d clutch was devolved for the new age high revin engines to provide a smoother feel and convert more rev's to forward motion .
now this what i have learned and btw these two system 2d is my choice.

now the Grey shoe is made of softer material causing a bit more slippage then the red shoe , clutch system normally gets a bit hotter compared to red shoe . grey shoe good in low traction small tracks . they have a softer engagement .
red shoe made of a harder material which provides strong engagement with less slip, which reduces heat to provide consistent performance from start to finish. they are good on big track (like moorebank )

so this is based on my experience and it could be totally opposite to what the book's say.
cheers
Alex Siddique
Just an FYI fellas. The Sirio/Capricorn power clutch setups trump both the 2D and 3D factory clutch. Allows the engine to spool up more quickly since it is less rotating mass. Easy to setup, mutch more consistent and about 16g lighter than the stock one.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
SWEEP Tires
Speyederjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #845
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Had a good time at my first race this year with my RRR its been about 1 year since I race my car handle good only problem was that I just needed to run a more consistent line which I didn't but that's was OK considering I finish all my 7 min Qualifiers and never finishing last qualified in the top 20 with a 2yr.old JL RED DOT with 4 1/2 gallons though it and I was having fun as well I figure I would go practice after the races to improve on having a more consistent line for the main well after 7 great laps the motor went I thought I ran out of gas went back to the pit area open up the motor to see inside, well I had broke my con rod which was my fault totally never replace the con rod And my backup engine was no match for the more powerful engines I was racing against so I miss my MAIN I felt that my RRR WC proform well til I race again I want all RRR owners in the world old & new too Go Fast & Don't Look Back....
Old 03-09-2009, 08:09 PM   #846
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Just a heads up to anyone looking for some 42 shore tires, I just posted 4 pairs of fronts and 4 pairs of rears in the for sale section. Going to change compounds for the setup I have in mind...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:41 AM   #847
wad
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad

Here is my setup for the West Coast Nitro Challenge Race at Crystal Park this past weekend. Hope you guys like it.
I'm not really good at posting this, if you can't read something let me know, it is not really clear. Try to open it then click in the middle of the page.
Thanks Scott for finding the file for me....
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2-v-one-rrr-evo-005.jpg  
Old 03-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #848
Tech Prophet

That setup looks a lot different than what I had on my car, more ideas to try out

With the softer tires, does tire wear become a problem in the 45 min mains?
Old 03-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #849
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
That setup looks a lot different than what I had on my car, more ideas to try out

Depends on track surface CP has low tire wear not a problem...
Old 03-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #850
wad
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post

Tire wear was 1 mm every 15 minutes, so there was no problem....
Old 03-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #851
Tech Prophet

Ok cool. I'm assuming that grip got extremely high for the race, are there any changes you'd make to that setup for a practice day at CP where the grip is lower?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #852
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

My Crystal Park setup sheet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RRR evo blank sheet.pdf (168.0 KB, 202 views)
Old 03-11-2009, 12:00 AM   #853
Tech Prophet

Scott, I noticed that you and Walter are both running the 3 weight flywheel. What are the benefits over the 2 weight (WC) setup? I just rebuilt my clutch with 4 weights to try out, but I'm going to Kyosho tomorrow to pick up some parts, was thinking of getting the Sirio clutch to try out as well..
Old 03-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #854
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz

According to the setup sheet, Scott is running the 2D flywheel with 4 weights which he also recommended to me. I was having some issues with the stock 2D clutch engaging too hard and launching the car unexpectedly. I switched to 4 weights and grey shoe and it's much better now.
mckrooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:26 AM   #855
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckrooz View Post
According to the setup sheet, Scott is running the 2D flywheel with 4 weights which he also recommended to me. I was having some issues with the stock 2D clutch engaging too hard and launching the car unexpectedly. I switched to 4 weights and grey shoe and it's much better now.
Glad to hear that clutch setup is more to your liking.

Randy: He is correct. I am not using the 3D clutch. I run the 2d with 4 weights and the grey shoe. I run .3mm-.4mm gap with vitually no endplay.