R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #751
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvu View Post
I guess I had some trouble with clearance of the stering arm itself. I shaved a little bit off and no problems. Thanks for the info on the receiver box.

Also, Stayed up to 1:00 last night and finally finished the car. I've always had a question on the break though. I know pulling the bar forward pulls the break arm forward which causes the little metal piece to push out against the backside of the break pad and pus them together. When you lay off the break/throttle servo though is there suppose to be something that actually pushes the break arm back?

Thanks
no .. there is no need for something to push the break lever back
olkleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #752
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Where can I find setup sheets for the Evo 2? I'm looking for a setup for Crystal Park..
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:21 AM   #753
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default ball bearings

hey guys,
when building your rrr evo 2, did you guys re-do the fluid in the bearings, or just straight run out of the box should be fine?
Also, how precise where your measurements for e.g the steering servo and rod, suspension arms, rear bulkheads, rear stablizer etc...i used a ruler lol but bought a digital caliper and going to do redo everything to ensure everything is precise.
beers4evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:35 AM   #754
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You should redo it, a ruler is not as accurate as a digital caliper.
I also just lightly reoil the bearings before i put them into the new beast.
Don`t blame the car, when you know you can`t drive.
Sponsor, me , myself and I.
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #755
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro ho View Post
You should redo it, a ruler is not as accurate as a digital caliper.
I also just lightly reoil the bearings before i put them into the new beast.
Remember, one of the marvels of Human Engineering was done with rulers, protractors, angles, and other simple tools to create the SR-71 Blackbird.
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #756
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very true harry, very true. But remember this harry, an itch in your pops pant`s made you,lol,lol,lol that was the most simplest of tools
Don`t blame the car, when you know you can`t drive.
Sponsor, me , myself and I.
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #757
dvu
Tech Apprentice

Hello,

I'm having a hard tiome findign a body long enough for the evo 2 wc. Is it me or is the bumber extra big. Anyway, any body brands you recommend?
Looking for Ferrari or Lamborghini body.

Thanks
dvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:18 PM   #758
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Hello,

I'm having a hard tiome findign a body long enough for the evo 2 wc. Is it me or is the bumber extra big. Anyway, any body brands you recommend?
Looking for Ferrari or Lamborghini body.

Thanks
You should be running the smaller of the front plastic bumpers, and don't be afraid to trim the foam bumper to fit a body.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:22 PM   #759
Tech Master

i used the foam bumper from the cyclone TC and fits perfect and i still have the bemper that came w/it nice and new in my parts box
check the pic a page back
dg8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #760
dvu
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the advice on the bumper.

Got another question on the clutch. I can't figure out what I need to fix. After I start it with the starter box, the first 2-3 throws of the throttle will give me a nice burst of speed (i.e. wheels spinning; and when holding the car in the air I get that nice kick), but after that it seems as though I can't get the car to go fast at all (no more kick with the throttle). It's like something has "slipped." I've tighten things down, have loosened the tension on the spring, place some extra washers so as to narrow the gap between the pad and clutch bell, and still no go. Could it be that the weights are too light, and it's not giving the pads enough push against the clutch bell?

I've done everything I can think of and it's driving me crazy. Any beneit in changing the weights w/ the ones in my HPI R40? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks, Duc
Old 02-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #761
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Thanks for the advice on the bumper.

Got another question on the clutch. I can't figure out what I need to fix. After I start it with the starter box, the first 2-3 throws of the throttle will give me a nice burst of speed (i.e. wheels spinning; and when holding the car in the air I get that nice kick), but after that it seems as though I can't get the car to go fast at all (no more kick with the throttle). It's like something has "slipped." I've tighten things down, have loosened the tension on the spring, place some extra washers so as to narrow the gap between the pad and clutch bell, and still no go. Could it be that the weights are too light, and it's not giving the pads enough push against the clutch bell?

I've done everything I can think of and it's driving me crazy. Any beneit in changing the weights w/ the ones in my HPI R40? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks, Duc
So you are saying that everytime you start the car from cold it does this, or did it work well a few times and now it never worked right again?
Old 02-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #762
dvu
Tech Apprentice

Essentially everytime I start it from cold. However, I just put the car togther, and have just started working on tuning the engine. Would this happen if the car is running to rich. Is it possible with the first throw or two of the throttle, there's still small amt of fuel in the chamber and so it still "lean" and by the next few throws of the throotle I'm just "flooding" it out?

Thanks

Last edited by dvu; 02-15-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #763
dvu
Tech Apprentice

Figured it out. I think it was running too rich.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:09 PM   #764
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Does Kyosho have a front spool available? If so a part # would be appreciated, and if not, is there one available from an aftermarket source?

Thanks!
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:35 PM   #765
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
Does Kyosho have a front spool available? If so a part # would be appreciated, and if not, is there one available from an aftermarket source?

Thanks!
Front spool#click here KYO wzw220.