R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-10-2009, 04:10 AM   #736
Tech Adept

Just use the next hole ( underneat the upper hole). That would fit fine.
Chaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:13 AM   #737
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yes i know i can use the other hole, but the manual doesn't state to use that hole nor does it even have that hole in the diagram....
what should I do now???

have you put it in the lower hole?

To ALL rrr evo 2 wc guys, which hole did you put it in?

ALSO

what is rubber glue? would that be like super glue? I need to glue the rubber piece to the metal piece...

thanks

Last edited by beers4evo; 02-10-2009 at 04:29 AM.
beers4evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:38 AM   #738
Tech Adept

yeap. mine is fine. I just did what i suggested you b4.
Chaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:18 AM   #739
dvu
Tech Apprentice

If I'm not mistaken, mine screwed in fine according to the manual. As far as glue, I used rubber cement glue.
dvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #740
dvu
Tech Apprentice

What kind of tape do y'all use to secure the receiver battery to the plastic panel? Local hobby shop recommended using strapping tape. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old 02-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #741
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvu View Post
If I'm not mistaken, mine screwed in fine according to the manual. As far as glue, I used rubber cement glue.

I just used super glue :\
Old 02-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #742
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Just make sure you sand the metal pads with sandpaper to rough them up prior to gluing the pads to allow the glue to make better contact.

Regarding mouting of the reciever, I just use good quality double sided tape (3M), just make sure all the surfaces are clean.

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #743
Tech Adept

Quote:
you see on the manual it shows the hole closer to the top, but my metal piece only can reach the lower hole. I looked at the exploded view and it uses the lower hole.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #744
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Alex Siddique

Quote:
Originally Posted by beers4evo View Post
you see on the manual it shows the hole closer to the top, but my metal piece only can reach the lower hole. I looked at the exploded view and it uses the lower hole.
if the direction of 172 is not right the holes will not match up
Old 02-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #745
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
What kind of tape do y'all use to secure the receiver battery to the plastic panel? Local hobby shop recommended using strapping tape. Any thoughts?

Thanks
since the kit does not come with a receiver box or cover , i strongly suggest to secure the receiver in one, just in case of impact or collision , dirt etc. i covered mine with one from an old v1r or any other aftermarket receiver box will do.
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:12 AM   #746
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:

Thanks
I have been using strapping tape for a couple of years now. Every few months I cut the tape and then retape it.

I have never used a cover or a receiver box on my Kyosho cars. If you really want, I believe that the cover for the MTX cars will fit. Not a real big deal though.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:55 AM   #747
dvu
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the replies.

One other thing have you guys had any problems with the clearance of the steering servo. I had to shave some off of the steering arm to improve the clearance. Has this been an issue for other guys, or was I just not precise enough my measurements?

As far as receiver boxes, and ideas for a relatively cheap one. Isn't the MTX rather pricey?

Thanks again
Old 02-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #748
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Thanks for the replies.

One other thing have you guys had any problems with the clearance of the steering servo. I had to shave some off of the steering arm to improve the clearance. Has this been an issue for other guys, or was I just not precise enough my measurements?

As far as receiver boxes, and ideas for a relatively cheap one. Isn't the MTX rather pricey?

Thanks again
What is not clearing on the steering servo? I believe that the manual shows to do some grinding on the steering servo horn. Is that where your issue is?

I don't think the MTX cover is too expensive. It is just a plastic cover, not a complete box. Check it out for yourself. You can probaby find the part number by downloading the MTX manual from Mugen.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #749
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
I have been using strapping tape for a couple of years now. Every few months I cut the tape and then retape it.

I have never used a cover or a receiver box on my Kyosho cars. If you really want, I believe that the cover for the MTX cars will fit. Not a real big deal though.
I glue my battery pack to the battery tray with E600 adhesive. I have 3 battery packs and each of them are glued to a battery tray. It makes it easy to always put in a fully charged pack and have one on the charger for stand-by.
Speyederjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #750
dvu
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
What is not clearing on the steering servo? I believe that the manual shows to do some grinding on the steering servo horn. Is that where your issue is?

I don't think the MTX cover is too expensive. It is just a plastic cover, not a complete box. Check it out for yourself. You can probaby find the part number by downloading the MTX manual from Mugen.
I guess I had some trouble with clearance of the stering arm itself. I shaved a little bit off and no problems. Thanks for the info on the receiver box.

Also, Stayed up to 1:00 last night and finally finished the car. I've always had a question on the break though. I know pulling the bar forward pulls the break arm forward which causes the little metal piece to push out against the backside of the break pad and pus them together. When you lay off the break/throttle servo though is there suppose to be something that actually pushes the break arm back?

Thanks

Last edited by dvu; 02-12-2009 at 06:23 AM.